Chapter 11: A Friend Among Foes

When I finally came to, I had been moved onto a small, and probably soiled bed, but it wasn't all bad, my leg was wrapped up in bandages, wait, where could I have been, the reds captured me, didn't they? "Meal time!" A man shouted from the other side of the room, he closed the door upon entering. As he approached my cell, his expression softened. Why would he be relieved to see me... "Hello Artyom, I bet you don't remember me, I was one of bourbons friends, the only reason they found you was because they found the rest of your men. I'm Taytum, I'm in the 40th surface division, so I don't actually get to go to the surface, but, enough of that, I've got to get back to my post, enjoy the food." He put way too much empthesis on the food part, were they going to poison me? I lifted up the food tray, only to set it back onto the ground, there was some soup and a loaf of bread, nothing special. I lifted up the bread to find a little note, "there is a soft spot on the wall, break it to reveal an old air duct, use it to leave, your gear is somewhere in there, good luck my friend." Well, now my plan was set in motion, I had to get free, then get my gear and make my way to the ranger base.

________________________

Two chapters in 1 week, can't say to always expect this, but be sure to keep checking for updates :)