0.43

Rowen and George stood on Platform 9 3/4 and looked at each other. He pulled her into his arms before kissing her.

"I'll see you at Christmas." she told him after pulling apart, "I'll write of course. You better write me back."

"And if I don't?"

"I will be an upset girlfriend."

"Don't want that, do we?" George said with a  smile, they hugged again before she got onto the train steps. She hopped off and kissed him again.

"I'll miss you. Stay safe."

"I'll miss you too. I'll always stay safe. You need to go the train leaves in one minute." she hugged him again tightly before getting onto the train for good this time. She walked looking for the compartment that held Harry since Ron and Hermione were both in the Prefects compartment for the meeting. She found Dean and Ginny, Dean whispering what Rowen assumed was sweet nothings into Ginny's ear.

"Hey, Rowen. How was your summer?" Dean asked.

"It was okay. Have either of you seen Harry?" they both shrugged.

"Quibbler?" Luna asked coming down the hall. She had a pair of red and blue cardboard glasses on and Rowen smiled. She missed the quirky Luna, "Quibbler?" she came over to Rowen, Ginny, and Dean. Luna stopped and admired the purple Pygmy puff on Ginny's shoulder, "he's lovely. They've been known to sing on Boxing Day, you know. Quibbler?"

"Please." Ginny said, Luna looked at Rowen who nodded and took the paper her father wrote, "what's a Wrackspurt?"

"They're invisible creatures that float in through your ears and make your brain go fuzzy." she said before moving on. Rowen turned and finally found Harry. She got into the compartment and sat next to Harry. When Hermione and Ron returned they sat across from them. Hermione pulled out a book entitled Advance Rune Translation while Ron played with something. 

"Don't you see, it was a ceremony. An initiation." Harry said.

"What are you talking about?" Rowen questioned.

"Stop, Harry, I know where you're going with this--" Hermione complained.

"It's happened. He's one of them."

"Who's one of what?" Rowen asked.

"Harry is under the impression that Draco Malfoy is now a Death Eater."

"You're barking. What would You-Know-Who want with a  sod like Malfoy?"

"So what's he doing in Borgin and Burke's? Browsing for furniture?"

"It's a creepy shop. He's a creepy block."

"Look. His father's a Death Eater. It only makes sense. Besides, Hermione saw it. With her own eyes."

"I told you. I don't know what I saw." 

"Maybe his mum was looking at something inside the shop." Rowen pointed out. Harry stood up and snatched his invisibility cloak.

"I need some air." when the train arrived to Hogwarts Ron, Rowen, and Hermione stepped out into the crowded aisle.

"Where's Harry?" Hermione asked.

"Probably on the platform. C'mon."

They got inside the Great Hall and sat at the Gryffindor table. Rowen and Hermione began to look around for Harry but couldn't find him. Soon enough the first years have been sorted and finally dinner was served. Rowen and Hermione kept looking for Harry while Ron was stuffing his face.

"Don' you worry. He'll be 'long soon 'nuff--" he said with his mouth full of food. Hermione started whacking him with a paper.

"Will. You. Stop. Eating! Your best friend is missing!" Hermione said

"Oi! Turn around, you lunatic." Rowen and Hermione turned around and saw Harry and Luna coming over. Rowen can see when the light hits Harry that he's got blood splattered across his face. Ginny turned to Hermione.

"He's covered in blood again. Why is it he's always covered in blood."

"Looks like it's his own this time." Ron commented.

"Not helping." Harry was finally over and sat next to Rowen.

"Where've you been, Harry. And what happened to your face?"

"Later. What've I missed?" Ron just shrugged and shoved more food into his mouth.

"Sorting Hat urged us all to be brave and strong int these troubled times--easy for it to say--it's a hat, isn't it? First Years seemed to enjoy it, though. Wankers. Filch give you the wand outside?" Harry nodded while Ginny took a damp napkin in her hand and began to dab away the blood on his face, it suddenly turned awkward and Harry took it from her. Rowen rolled her eyes.

"Thanks." the lights in the Great Hall began to gently dim and everyone turned to look at Dumbledore. He raised a hand that had changed since last year to the ceiling, the clouds responded to his gesture and a gleaming full moon came to the ceiling.

"What happened to his hand?" Hermione asked Rowen.

"Looks like a curse. But he seems to be doing fine. So probably a mild one." Rowen said with a shrug.

"The very best of evening to you! First off, please join me in welcoming the newest member of our staff, Horace Slughorn." people started clapping and so did Harry, "Professor Slughorn, I'm happy to say, had agreed to resume his old post of Potions master. Meanwhile the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts will be assumed by Professor Snape." the Great Hall fell completely silent before Dumbledore himself began clapping his hands, followed by a few Slytherin's, "now, as you know, each and every one of you was searched upon your arrival tonight. You have a right to know why. Once there was a young man who, like you, sat in this very Hall. Walked this castle's corridors. Slept beneath its roof. He seemed, to all the world, a student like any other. His name? Tom Riddle." once again silence filled the Great Hall and Rowen looked back at Harry for a brief second before turning back around, "today, of course, the world knows him by another name. Which is why, as I stand looking out upon you all tonight, I am reminded of a sobering fact. Each day, every hour, this very minute perhaps, dark forces attempt to penetrate this castle. but in the end, their greatest weapon remains...you." the food disappeared quickly, "just something to keep in mind. Now, off to bed. Pip, pip!" everyone stood up and made their way out of the Great Hall.

"That was cheerful." Ron commented.