The Unexpected (Final)

Start from the beginning

"Look at them go," he chuckled. He looked over at Sahara. "So...now that you're an Omega, am I expecting you here to work or are you resigning?"

"I'm getting some air," Terrell muttered. He got up and left.

"I'd love to continue..." Sahara began.

"Noooo!" Reagan wailed. "We can't have an Omega who works in a café! Think of what that would look like!"

"It would get me more customers," Jack murmured.

"I think it wouldn't be bad. It might encourage the kids in the area to work a bit harder themselves if they see even an Omega does so," Orion said.

"No, you can't have her!" Regan protested.

An argument broke out.

Sahara took the opportunity to slip out in order to see what Terrell was up to. Noah, who was the only one to see her go, simply shook his head before grabbing more food.

As Sahara stepped into the clear night she paused. She took a deep breath of air. Letting it out she couldn't help but smile. Looking around, she furrowed her brow.

"Terrell?" she called. There was no reply.

She walked a few paces forward.

"Terrell?" she tried again.

A pair of familiar arms slipped around her as someone pulled her close. Sahara smiled as she found herself resting against a broad chest.

"Are you stalking me?" Terrell's voice asked.

"What if I said yes?" Sahara replied.

"Hmm...my own personal stalker," Terrell murmured. "Well...if it's you I might put up with it."

Sahara grinned. For a moment the two stood in silence, the laughter from inside the café drifting out to them.

"Sahara," Terrell turned her around to face him. "I'm not good when it comes to expressing myself...Rayne always was the one who had it easier with words...I..." he trailed off with a sigh. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out something. "You still owe me a favor."

"A favor?"

"It was our deal," Terrell reminded her. "When you reach the top you owe me a favor. You grant one wish."

Sahara swallowed. "I made that deal, didn't I?"

"Sahara...I know there are many things I haven't told you...there are some I can't...not yet. But I realized something," Terrell told her. "From the moment you crashed into me, my life has changed."

Sahara blinked in surprised.

"At first I thought you were extremely annoying."

Jeeze, thanks, Sahara thought.

"But then...you grew on me, you know?"

Sahara cocked her head to the side.

"Man," Terrell growled. "What I'm trying to say here is...I really like you Sahara...like really...maybe as much as I like strawberry milk...or even more." He looked confused at the thought and Sahara had to try her hardest not to giggle. "Anyway," Terrell tried to save himself. "I never asked you...I just kinda assumed...you know what I'm saying?"

"Nope," Sahara told him. For some reason she was enjoying seeing him so flustered. It was a new side she had never seen before. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Come on." Terrell blew out through his mouth. "Here," he muttered. He held something out to her. When Sahara looked down her eyes flew up to him. He was holding out a carton of strawberry milk.