"I wouldn't have done it if I had any other choice. Please." She begged. I could see her standing in front of the three men. They all looked badly beaten, bloodied, and bruised. They'd just gotten done with fighting someone. "I can explain everything once we're inside." Natasha spoke quietly but urgently. I could hear the pain in her voice as she looked directly at me. I locked my jaw for a moment, wishing I wasn't such a nice person. Why did I have to have a conscious?

"Yeah. Come on in." I pushed the door open the rest of the way and moved to turn on the little lamps on two sides of the living room. The lamps provided minimal light, which was a good thing. I didn't like artifical light.

"I'm Steve." The tall, muscular built blonde held his hand out for me, but then noticed he had blood covering that hand.

"It's fine. I don't like shaking hands." I shook my head gently. "What do you guys need?" My eyes went over to Natasha, who slowly took a seat on the sofa. Her eyes squeezed shut and teeth gritted together as she relaxed back into the leather.

"Somewhere to stay." The dark skinned one said. He had a bandage wrapped around his arm, but it was covered in blood and more than likely not helping him.

"I'm not a hotel."

"We need somewhere isolated." Natasha spoke, meeting my gaze. "Somewhere HYDRA won't find him." She nodded her head in the direction of the man with the shoulder length dark hair. "Somewhere the rest of the world won't find us."

"Natasha said you used to be a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent." Steve mentioned. I sucked in a deep breath and took a step away from him.

"I told you not to bring that up!" Natasha hissed at him.

"How-How long do you have to stay?" I quickly looked away from Steve and turned my attention to Natasha. I didn't want to think about S.H.I.E.L.D. right now.

"I don't know. A few days, maybe a week or two. Just until we get a little better. We've been fighting nonstop for the past five weeks with little sleep and not much time for a decent meal. We can't do it much longer."

My eyes glided around the room, over the four people and how injured they appeared. All of them seemed to have at least one open wound with a bloody bandage around it.

"I've got a first aid kit or two upstairs in the bathroom." I spoke quietly, shifting my weight from one foot to another. I didn't want to do this but I felt like I had no choice. "I'll bring them down cause it sure as hell doesn't look like you can walk." I nodded to Natasha's leg. There was a bandage around her jeans just below her knee. "I don't know what all I have here to eat, but do you guys like pizza?"

"We'll eat anything." The dark skinned man replied.

"Did you guys bring a car?"

"Yeah. Do you want me to put it anywhere to hide it?" Steve asked.

"Yeah. Put it in the garage. I'm gonna run to town and get a few pizzas and some more medical shit cause I know we'll be needing it. Anything else?"

"Do you have guy clothes?" Natasha asked me. "Any guys that left their clothes here? I can just wear something of your's, if you don't mind, but we don't have any other clothes with us. We dropped everything and stole a car to drive here."

I was quiet for a few moments. Did I want them wearing Riggs's clothes?

"I've got something that'll work for them." I nodded my head gently.

"We'll be okay for tonight." She gave me a soft smile. "Thank you, Widia."

"Don't mention it." I muttered. "I'll get the clothes for you guys and then you all can start taking showers 'cause you look like shit."

"Then I look better than I feel." The man with shoulder length hair mumbled.

———

I returned to my house a while later with three pizzas and quite a bit of medical supplies. Natasha, Steve, and the dark skinned man had all gotten showers, but the guy with shoulder length hair was missing from the living room, so I assumed that he was the one in the shower this time.

"That's Sam by the way, Widia." Natasha told me as they began to help themselves to the pizza.

"Widia Cooper." I gave Sam a little half smile.

"What's up?" He mumbled through a mouthful of cheese pizza. "Thank you so much. You're my favorite person right now."

"Don't mention it." My eyes found the clock on the stove. 10:47p.m. "I'm gonna head on up to bed. There's two extra rooms upstairs and then there's the couch. Someone's gonna have to share."

"You're not going to eat?" Natasha asked. "There's plenty here for you too."

"No, I'm fine." I shook my head gently, though the pizza did look tempting. I just wanted to sleep so that this whole time would go by faster. I didn't want them in my house any longer than they had to be.

The door to the bathroom opened as I passed it and I glanced over my shoulder to see the other man emerging from the bathroom. My eyes met his for a split second before he looked away and went down the stairs.

Hey guys!!! So this is my second Bucky Barnes fan fiction and I was hoping to get this up by yesterday in honor of Bucky's 100th birthday. But it's up now so I hope you enjoyed it!!

Vote and Comment!!

<3 Kacey <3