Chapter 3

I woke up early in the morning. Chills were sent down my body as the cool wind blew around the shrine. I only so much as shifted and Yuki sat up. I stared at him waiting for him to say he heard and could see Yato's thoughts.
He just looked at me, flustered.

"Well, aren't you going to apologise? You were listening to us last night."

He he rose an eyebrow, baffled about how quick I caught on. I shook my head knowing he was trying to play innocent.

"Your acting skills are good, I'll give you that. Yato, you don't need to listen on us."

His eye lids fluttered open revealing his begging blue eyes. He rested a hand on mine, I didn't recoil but I welcomed it. Yuki looked at me with a guilty expression.

"Im sorry. I shouldn't have listened on your 'conversation'."

Just like what a little brother would do who is 14, he rolled his eyes at me sloppily. I shook my head at him, he was acting so much like a child having a strop.

"Why won't you just grow up?" I asked him quietly.

Shocked he flinched at my sudden words. I pained expression flooded on his face and I felt into a deep guilt trip.

"I'm sorry" I whispered soothingly.

I ripped my hand from Yato and flung myself down to Yuki. I yanked him into a hug softly. His heart beat was calm, but I could sense shock all over him.

"I'm sorry, little brother."

He gave me another shocked expression.

"B-brother?" He questioned.

"Yes."

"Nee-San, why? Why didn't you tell me?"

Up until then I thought of him as a brother. But now, I'm sure. He was my dead little brother, we both nearly drowned. I couldn't save him.

That's I'm a phantom. That's why I'm part of the near shore and far shore.

"I had forgotten! About my own little brother..." I cried aloud.

Yuki was crying desperately on my shoulder.

"I didn't remember. I forgot" we said simultaneously.

I stared into his lonely golden eyes. I stroked his cheek wiping the tears away from his cheek lovingly in the process.

"I'll never leave you behind."

"By saying that means that I have more problems to deal with. I can't leave either of you behind."

Yato stretched excitedly while grinning. I smiled gratefully to him and looked at Yuki with my eyes filled with care.

I know that Yuki didn't die because of drowning, but I needed something for both of them

Thanks for reading!
Feedback?