Chapter 5 - Why Did It Have To Be This Way?

Chapter 5

I breathed heavily over and over again. I felt huge lumps in my throat as I tried my best not to break down yet again.

'You're so stupid! You let him get to you again!' I groaned at myself hating that my conscience was telling the damn truth. I am stupid and I did let him get to me! Right now if I was another person, i would beat myself down till I'm numb.

Visions and flashbacks kept flashing through my head as I tried to catch the air around me. Everything rapidly popped in my mind from the kiss I witnessed to the last words I whispered. My heart won't ever stop being so gullible, will it?

Pictures of Nick also filled my brained and as soon as it did, I wanted to bash my head into the near by wall. A good amount of guilt appeared in my heart as I remembered what I had said to Nick. I shook my head denying the guilt.

'He deserved it.' I told myself.

The jackass did deserve it.

I strode on the pavements as I struggled to keep my mind away from what had happened. I didn't need to be dwelling on anything now, all I needed was to forget... without the forgive. I don't think I can ever forgive Nick for what he's done to me. He continuously breaks my heart in succession and I don't fancy being played with.

I focused straight ahead, my eyes peering at whatever was in front of me but at the same time not seeing anything at all. I felt as if I was as fragile as a fly, like I couldn't do anything but sulk. Even though my eyes were wide open and observant at everything, I couldn't concentrate on anything which basically made my eyes blank like there was no use for them.

Even though I felt in need of some friends and warmth, I didn't want anyone to see me now including my friends. I didn't want to burden any more of my friends with my stupid problems. They were my problems and I should solve them alone.

After trudging for who knows how long, my eyes instantly connected to back to my brain. Something woke them up or more specifically someone. I impatiently tucked my head down and continued with my pointless stroll.

I felt someone brush by me as I looked up to see that one particular person pass by. I sighed in relief and lifted my head up back to my blank gazing. The pavement should be appreciative right now because all I can stare at is it.

All at once, someone swiftly grabbed my arm from behind and twisted me around gently to face them. I slammed my eyes shut, not knowing why.

'What are you, three? Just because you closed your eyes doesn't mean he can't see you.' I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at my own self.

"You do know you can't sneak away that easily." Drake cheekily claimed.

He stood close to me as he spoke, too close to me. He might have not noticed it but I definitely did. While standing closer to Drake, I examined his features more. Did i mention how handsome he was? Well if i didn't, he was damn hot. I noticed that he had a little beauty spot next to his eyebrow. My trailed down his whole face and I also noticed his long eyelashes that any girl would kill for. Even if that girl was me. I noticed his slim facial structure and his blinding pearl white teeth.

As we stood close to each other, I could smell his heavenly scented cologne. Definitely heavenly. Finally I noticed Drake looking at me with a perplexed expression. I felt my cheeks burn up and blood flow lively as I realised I was sniffing him. I took a small step back feeling like the world's most stupidest clown and trust me there are a lot of stupid clowns out there kids. I looked up to see Drake smirking at me in amusement. He noticed, right? I sighed trying to regain my voice.