CHAPTER XXXVIII

KATHERINE EVY JONES

"Kyle, dear you shouldn't have talked to Kendall like that..." I reprimand him gently. Bitch or not, he has no right to talk to an elder like that. We returned to Jordan's suite half an hour ago. Strangely though she is not home.

"Are you kidding me!" Ace exclaims. 

I am half in mind to kill this guy straight away. He has congratulated Kyle a hundred times since the incident, seriously! 

I turn to Ace and give him my best steely glare to shut him up. 

"By the way, Mom called...she wants to talk to us...urgently," he informs me.

"Is something wrong?" I ask frowning.

"I don't know..." he mutters, "She hasn't even told me about it..."

I nod and walk Kyle to his room. He immediately switches on Naruto and mutters a small 'Bye mom'. I sigh and tell Veronica to take care of Kyle. She nods and then resumes typing something furiously on her computer. I guess she is back to work.

***

"Surprise!" Cassandra and Jordan shout at the same time.

Wide eyed, me and Ace look at the various magazines and papers scattered in front of us. Richard had escorted us to the living room and as soon as we enter, this is what we see.

"What is this?" I mumble, still in a trance.

"Your wedding plans!" they both shout again and then squeal extremely girlishly. 

"Wait, wait, wait..." Ace asks, a frown plastered on his face, "Our wedding plans?"

"Duh!" Jordan cries, "Yours is the only one coming up!"

"But!" Ace cries exasperated, trying to make them get the point, "Our wedding plans? Shouldn't we be the one to plan it!"

Cassandra smiles apologetically and replies, "Sorry, but we just couldn't control ourselves. So I called Jordan and we got straight to it,"

"And," Jordan continues pointedly, "I know Katherine wouldn't enjoy this very much,"

"That's kind of right," I mumble uneasily. Wedding plans haven't really been my businesses. Actually I haven't attended many weddings since Marcia's death. I attended all the wedding in my childhood with her, so it always reminds me of her. Something, which I cannot face, ever.

"Hey!" Ace shakes me gently, concern etched on his face, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," I answer, weaving my hand through his. He squeezes mine gently. 

"I am so sorry," Cassandra interrupts, guilt lacing in her tone, "Please forgive me Kathy...I thought it would be a good surprise for you if we planned your wedding details and all..."

Oh! Clearly she misunderstood my silence. Jordan shushes her reassuringly and then glances at me worriedly. Her expression spoke 'It's going to be alright.' I presume she guessed what I was thinking about alright.

"It's alright, Cass," I reply and hug her. Cassandra visibly relaxes and then asks, "Are you sure it's fine?"

"Yes, it is," I smile at her comfortingly. She releases me and then whispers a small 'Thank you'.

"Anything for you, mom," I whisper back.

I guess I saw tears in her eyes when I said that.

***

"So, mom did brief you about everything...huh?" Ace asks walking with me, his arm wrapped around my shoulders.

"Yeah," I chuckle, her excitement was like a small five year old child's when she explained me the whole plan.