CHAPTER X

KATHERINE EVY JONES

"Bye Kyle!" I shout as my son struts towards his school, enthusiastically waving back at me. I chuckle as he almost collides with a classmate of his, it's a girl, a blushes profusely.

I wait until he enters the school building and then turn on my heel to leave for my work.

I catch the bus number 2, and make my way towards the window seat, at the back. 

After a few moments, we reach the Kingston street, where the bus makes a stop. Hoards of passengers board the bus, whilst I take out my phone and scan through the pictures Jordan has sent me. She seems to be having a lot of fun, I muse wistfully. Honestly, one of the best things I ever wanted to do in my life was travelling, especially Spain. But with Kyle's school, my job and paying the bills there seems hardly any chance to pursue this passion of mine.

I have been too lost in my thought process, so I didn't notice that a man had come to sit next to me. "Katherine!" Max's surprised voice breaks me out of my thought process.

"Hey Max," I greet him with a smile, silently praying that he wouldn't bring the offer of coffee up again.

"So, it's been a while hasn't it?" he asks, returning with a  smile with those cute dimples of his.

"It has..." I drawl on, wondering what he was planning.

"Well, so I have been wondering that... well... would you still like to go a coffee with me?"

I sigh and look at him awkwardly. Then turning up my mind, I state firmly, "Max listen, I am a mother to an almost six year old kid and er... my past relationship didn't end really well," If you really call it one, "So, I am really not taking up any thoughts on dating any time soon,"

Max looks at me seriously, and then at  the end of my answer, he scratches his neck embarrassingly and replies, "Oh! But it's alright, we still can be great friends right?"

"Of course," I smile at him again, thanking that this got cleared up.

His next words are interrupted by the ding of the bus bell, it the Street number 9. I stuff my phone in my back pocket and get up. Then waving at Max, I get off the bus and hurry to my workplace.

***

Hannah, another waitress at the restaurant comes up to me and asks, "Hey, Katherine,"

"Hey Hannah," I reply sceptically, she is like the typical sluts who picks up customers from here and then end up in their beds the next morning. Her way of dressing and all screams 'FUCK ME!', I am not biased just a little judgemental. She has never talked to me nicely and well she is a back bitcher, so I steer away of her kind.

"I was wondering that could I serve the guy on the table ten?" she asks, well not really asking but stating it.

"Uh sure," I mutter and then focus my attention back to the registry. She nods and practically runs away for that table.

I stare at her weirdly, she's never acted like that, I mean she sure is desperate but doesn't mind missing a few men off her claws. Anyways I quickly rush to serve the dishes of the table eleven.

"Have a good meal sir," I smile at the old man sitting in front of me.

He smiles at me genuinely and mutters a small, "Thank you,"

While I am clearing another table, I hear the conversation going on between Hannah and her mysterious table ten guy. 

"Sir," she purrs seductively. This girl needs to learn something about self esteem and individuality. I look over to the scene. Hannah, is tracing her finger lightly on the arm of the mysterious guy, who happens to be familiar, very familiar.

I dismiss my guesses and make way for the table nineteen that has just been occupied. After serving them, I look over at Hannah again, she is serving the guy, but again in her extremely flirtatious manner. Touching the guy's hand, joking with him...But still he is familiar.

"Thank you," the mysterious guy says and voila he's none other than Ace darling. Note the sarcasm.

This man can't even get her hands off woman in a restaurant. And his audacity! He knows that I work here and still he has the guts to flirt with some other lady! Stupid, Idiot, freaking Ace Kingman.

*** 

"Kyle you-"

"Mom I am watching NARUTO! No interruptions!" Kyle shouts behind the door.

I chuckle and mutter, "Fine my little Sasuke Uchiha,"

"I AM KAKASHI HATAKE!" he shouts. I laugh again and get back to making the pasta.

***

The door bell rings. I quickly turn on the timer on my oven and rush to the door, Ace is standing there in casual clothes. He is looking, well... I must say... good.

"DON'T YOU HAVE A MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY TO RUN!," I groan at him , not quite forgetting the restaurant incident.

"Hello to you too Katherine," he replies sweetly and comes in.

"Ace, get out of my house," I fold my hands standing at the door.

"Come one, I took the day off and wanted to do something fun," he whines childishly, then as if searching for someone, he looks around and asks, "Where's Kyle?"

"He's-" I start but Kyle comes running in and jumps in on his dad, "Well there he is,"

"Kyle!" Ace shouts and twirls him round as Kyle laughs.

I sigh and make my way towards the kitchen. After a few minutes, Ace comes in and props himself on one of the stools and states, "I am bored,"

"You said that day before yesterday," I remark, focusing on my pasta sauce.

"I am still bored," he deadpans.

"What do want me do? Get you to a strip club?" I ask him.

His eyes twinkle as he suggests, "You could give me one,"

"Ask one of your barbie dolls to do that," I mutter as I spray the oregano.

He remains quiet for a few moments and then I ask bitterly, "So had a good time with Hannah?"

Great, me and my mouth. I just can't hold things in!

"Jealous?" he asks, amused.

"Of course not," I reply offhandedly.

"Anyways, no I didn't. I was just trying to get your attention,"

"Yeah right," I laugh sarcastically, still not looking at him.

"Do you wanna go to the mall?" he asks, 180 degree changing the topic.

"I..." I hesitate.

"Kyle wants to," he adds as I am just about to say something.

"Fine," I sigh, not wanting to argue with him after my tiring day. 

He smiles at me genuinely and then shouts, "Kyle! She agreed!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I JUST REALLY WANTED TO ADD THE NARUTO REFERENCE, SO PEACE OUT. BTW WAS THE CHAP TOO SHITTY?

ANYWAYS TVD AIRS TODAY! WHO'S EXCITED?

*DOES THE JORDAN DANCE AND FIST PUMPS IN THE AIR* ME!!!!

UNTIL THE NEXT CHAPTER FELLAS.