Chapter 8

Yami was walking out of the throne room, deep in thought...so deep in thought he didn't see the smaller blond walking after the running boy...running into said small blond.

Yugi walked by. He glanced over at Yami, wondering why he thought he remembered something but nope it was gone.

Yami looked up, stopping short. He swallowed a lump in his throat. "Hi Yugi." He whispered. The pain was still there anytime he said Yugi's name.

"Hi," Yugi said innocently. "Why are you sad? Angels shouldn't be sad."

Yami just blinked, looking older than his 38 years. "I'm not an angel. He died fifteen years ago."

"You're not?" Yugi tilted his head to the side.

Smiling sadly at Yugi he nodded. "No. I'm not. My light was taken from me. Now I am just an old man trying to run a country and raise a son my wife would be proud of."

"Then are you a dark angel?" Yugi asked innocently.

Yami smiled at Yugi, kissing his forehead. "You are so sweet and innocent. No...I'm just Bakura's dad."

Yugi pouted, "If you say so."

Yami sighed deeply. "You better go find your friends, Yugi."

"Well, not yet. I wanted to talk to you." Yugi smiled slightly.

Yami smiled. "Okay. What did you want to talk to me about? Oh Ra, has Bakura done something?" Yami's forehead furrowed in concern.

"Oh no, it's not about Bakura," Yugi assured. "It's about you."

Yami cocked his head to the side and looked at Yugi. "Me? What about me?"

Yugi pulled Yami down and kissed him. "For that." Yugi ran off after giving him that kiss and thought Yami was a vanilla cake.

Yami just blinked, his lips tingling from the kiss. He put a hand to his mouth and smiled. Shaking his head, he wandered to his bedroom. The kiss was sweet and innocent and...familiar.

Yugi grinned to himself. He thought he recognized the taste of Yami's lips, but shook his head. He thought he's probably just getting mind tricks or something.

Yami just laid down, closing his eyes to take a nap.

Though while Yami was asleep Yugi snuck in. His two friends were busy. He decided to cuddle with the napping Pharaoh.

Yami pulled Yugi close while he was asleep, nestling his head down in Yugi's neck.

Yugi held Yami in his arms. He felt so warm. Why did Yugi somehow remember this person?

"Aibou." Yami whimpered in his sleep, pulling him closer.

"Mmm, vanilla cake," Yugi smiled, kissing along Yami's neck as his memories came back to him.

Yami moaned in his sleep, hands running over Yugi. "I love you..." he whimpered. "Why did you leave?"

"I love you too," Yugi said softly. "I didn't want to leave you, Yami. I'm just glad the gods decided to bring me back."

Yami woke about then, shocked, looking at Yugi next to him. Eyes widening, especially at realizing his emotions and his erection, he jumped up out of the bed. "Uh..Y..Yugi..I am uh, sorry...I was dreaming about...uh...did you need something?" He scratched the back of his neck, blood rushing to his cheeks.

Yugi pouted. "I thought you knew, vanilla cake. You were talking in your sleep."

Yami swallowed, hard. "Yugi...I...I don't know what you are talking about...y..you had better go find your friends." He turned towards the wall. Ryou must have mentioned the nickname..