"This is my sister Ginny," Percy told Penelope, who gave a rather stiff "Hello."

Ginny felt her smile fading. The girl didn't seem to pleased with Ginny after she had interrupted their private moment.

"Er, Penelope, would you excuse me a moment? I'd like to have a word with my sister," said Percy.

"Not at all. I'll just wait out in the hallway," said Penelope. She left the room, shutting the door behind her.

Percy turned on Ginny. "What were you doing? Wandering about random classrooms?"

"I'm sorry Percy," said Ginny earnestly. A small smile crept over her lips. "Is she your girlfriend?"

Percy's blush deepened. "Well- I- yes," said Percy. "But I would rather you didn't tell anyone about it...or about anything you just saw. Do I have your word Ginny?"

Ginny nodded, and meant what she said but couldn't stop herself from grinning.

"Good," said Percy. "I'd better get back to Penelope. She's waiting."

He adjusted his shirt, then left the classroom, leaving behind a giggling Ginny.

Ginny's amusement over the moment was short lived. By that evening all her worries about the diary returned. She decided she would try and sneak the diary out of Harry's dormitory while him and the other boys were asleep. She crept up the stairs to the boys dormitories, approached the door leading to the second years dorm, started to turn the door knob, then chickened out. She turned and fled back to the girls dorm.

One Friday evening Ginny stiffened her resolve. She waited until everyone had left the dormitory for dinner before racing up to the dormitory.

Ignoring the sick, nervous feeling in her stomach, Ginny began to search the room. She pulled up bed covers and yanked open draws. She found Harry's trunk and threw the cover open. Out came all the contents. She dug about in the pockets of Harry's robes. Nothing was there. She snatched up copy of Traveling with Trolls. In her frantic paging she accidentally tore out a few pages. The diary wasn't hidden amongst the pages. Ginny tossed the book aside. She turned a jumper inside out and even peeked in his trainers. Tears of panic flooded her eyes as she continued to search but her diary was no where in sight.

Finally it emerged from beneath a copy of Magical Me. Ginny barely gave herself anytime to be relieved. She just snatched up the diary then raced back to her dorm before anyone could catch her. She left behind a huge mess which she couldn't waste time to clean up.

Ginny closed the door of the girls dorm behind her and sat on her bed. She opened the diary and, after grabbing a quill and ink, began to write.

Please leave me alone, Tom. I don't want to hurt anyone else.

It's a little late for that wrote Tom.

Please Tom! I can't bare it! Please tell me you won't make me open the Chamber again!

Whatever you wish, Ginny.

Do you swear Tom? Do you swear you won't ever take control of me again?

If you, in turn, Ginny, swear you won't tell anyone about anything I have said or done to you. Or tell anyone of my existence.

Ginny hesitated before replying. She knew she should tell someone about him, but she was far too afraid.

I swear.

Then I also swear.

Ginny just stared at his reply, hoping he wasn't lying.

She wanted to get rid of the diary, but she couldn't risk it being found again. And at the same time, there was something inside Ginny that wanted to keep the diary.

After a moments hesitation, Ginny put her quill back on the paper. She had to ask this question.

Tom, did you tell Harry anything about... you know...

Of course not.

Ginny breathed a sigh of relief. She put the diary in the draw of her bed-stand. She got up and headed down to dinner. She passed Harry in the corridor. He had obviously just come from Quidditch and had his broom in hand. He didn't notice Ginny, but, of course, she noticed him.

Her stomach twisted when she realized he must be heading up to his dormitory before heading to dinner. He would find the mess she left.

Ginny picked up her pace. All she could do now was hope Tom kept his word.