Chapter Seven

Jack's Point of View

Elsa... Elsa. Is this love at first sight? I sighed. She's so beautiful and funny. My kind of girl.

My face was as red as a tomato. Ever since she kissed me, well let's just say that she's a really good kisser. Not that I've had much experience, of course.

I'm really excited to see her tomorrow. But now, I've gotta eat. 

I walk towards the nearest restaurant. In my case, it was McDonalds. I sat on a chair and began to eat a hamburger. I munched it down until there were no crumbs left.

As I was about to leave, I saw a boy that looked about 14, 13ish? I don't know. He wearing a black shirt and... was there a black sword on the table?

One more thing: The boy was eating a Happy Meal.

I walked up to him.

"Hi!" I said. I know that no one can see me, but maybe— just maybe this boy could. I felt hopeful.

He looked at me and said, "I sense dead stuff." He pointed at me. "You. You're dead. You're a ghost— no. You're a boy who died but decided to be reborn again."

wUT nOW?

"Who are you? And are you calling me a GHOST?" I asked him. I was freaked out.

"I'm— I'm Nico di Angelo," he replied. "And no. You're not a ghost, you're just a reincarnation."

"What?! All I know is that I'm a living boy. And my name is Jack Frost," I responded.

He tensed and eyed me suspiciously. "You ARE dead. You ARE a re-incarnation. How are you still alive as Jack Frost?"

"Look man. I have NO idea what you're talking about. But I do live near Camp Half Blood," I replied. I was completely befuddled.

Nico froze. "You've been to Camp Half Blood? So are you a half blood?"

"No! And besides... Only you and this other girl can see me. And this buff dude," I replied. The memory of the scared look on Buff Dude's face just made me laugh. But luckily, I didn't laugh. That would just be weird.

"That— that makes sense," he responded. "The people that can see you— they're probably either ghosts or re-incarnations. Or they've seen death before."

wUT nOW?

"A re-incarnation? So... I used to be dead, and somehow I was reborn into a new life?" I asked.

"Yeah, basically," said Nico, as he was happily munching on his fries.

"So then how do YOU know I used to be dead?" I eyed him suspiciously.

"Because I'm a son of Hades," he said, like he was used to these kind of questions.

I literally jumped. It may seem weird, but Hades is one of my FAVOURITE gods in Greek Mythology. I can understand why Hades felt grumpy all the time. He got the least luck, being the King of the Underworld and all.

"So... You can talk to ghosts? And— and bring back the dead— oh and do you pet Cerberus? And oh my— wow! Do you get to see Persephone?" I jumped with excitement. I'm sorry, ok! It's not every day I can meet a guy who can talk to ghosts, so DON'T JUDGE ME.

"Yes, no, sometimes—" he tensed. "And I hate Persephone."

"Why?" I asked.

"Long story. Anyways. Come with me," said Nico.

"Aren't you going to finish your fries? If not, can I have them?" I asked, being quite hopeful. I love crunchy fries.

"NO!" he grabbed a fry and put it in slowly his mouth. "My fries." He stroked the last fry, and ate it faster than I could blink.

Where was this Nico guy going to take me anyways? How am I a re-incarnation? Who am I?

"Nico? Hey Nico?" I asked him. "Where EXACTLY are you taking me?"

"You'll find out soon enough, now SHUT UP! A Fall Out Boy song is playing and it's one of my favourites!" Nico put on his headphones.

Oh. My. GOD! I LOVE FALL OUT BOY! (Is it normal for a boy to love them so much?)

"Really? What song?!!" I asked Nico.

"You wouldn't know," he replied. 

"I KNOW ALL THE SONGS FROM FALL OUT BOY!!! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!!" I accidentally fangirled (fanboy-ed?)

"AWW YEAH! WHATS YOUR FAV SONG?" he asked me.

"That's sooo hard! But I'm gonna have to say 'This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race' but I have like SOOO MANY MORE!"

"I'M LISTENING TO THAT SONG RIGHT NOW!" Nico went crazy and fangirled with me.

Jack! STOP FANGIRLING ABOUT A BAND! but the band is sooo awesome! Ah whatever. I'd better shut up now.

Nico seemed to have calmed down. He took off his headphones. "Well, we're here," he finally said, after fifteen minutes of walking.

We were at a graveyard. What the hell?

"Why are we here at the graveyard?" I asked Nico.

"I have to show you something that I'm sure will shock you," said Nico. 

He led me to a tombstone. There was my name, engraved on one of the tombstones. Jack Frost. The exact date was unclear. I was freaking out. Jack, CALM DOWN. There may be other Jack Frosts in this world.

"And what's weird is that every time I try to call out this ghost, he never appears." Nico glanced at me. "This is you. You chose to be reborn but somehow you still stayed as Jack Frost. I remember you. You— you still look the same from when you died."

I looked at Nico's face. I finally saw it up close. "I've seen you before," I said, feeling certain.

Nico bit his lower lip. "Really? When?"

"You— you were on your way to this casino. If I remembered right, it was the Lotus Casino," I suddenly remembered. I don't know how.

"Very good," he said.

"You were with this— this girl," I added.

Nico tensed, and I don't know why.

"Well, now. If you remember that, then your past must be somewhere in the back of your head," Nico finally said after a long silence.