Chapter 17: Family

Start from the beginning

[Ryu] "oh, hey Pyrrha, I'm just going out for some fresh air."
[Pyrrha] "after what happened yesterday are you sure that's such a wise idea?"
[Ryu] "so you were the one who brought me back here?"
[Pyrrha] "yes. Now, if you're feeling better, I'd like to hear an explanation."
[Ryu] "*sigh*... alright, but not here."

We walked up to the roof where she'd had her conversation with Jaune not too long ago and I explained everything to her about someone claiming to be my mother coming for me, threatening to hurt the people here if I didn't go to her.

[Pyrrha] "you're not actually going to go are you?"
[Ryu] "of course not. I don't plan on becoming like that.. thing. But I can't stay here either."
[Pyrrha] "why not? This is the safest place for you right now. Or do you think a school full of trained hunter and huntresses can't handle a few over protective parents?"
[Ryu] "it's not like that. According to Sol... she's the one I inherited my abilities from. And she has more experience with it. I don't want to be the cause of a war and I won't be the cause of death for anyone here!"
[Pyrrha] "... if you're so sure about leaving I won't stop you. It's not my place. But I am going to tell your team. They deserve to know."
[Ryu] "do what you want. Just... if I can ask one last selfish request?"
[Pyrrha] "I'll listen..."
[Ryu] "please... tell Ruby... tell her I'm sorry.."
[Pyrrha] "I will. But when they find you; you'd better tell her yourself as well."
[Ryu] "they won't find me where I'm going."

I started walking away as Pyrrha made one final comment.

[Pyrrha] "just don't let them find a body."

Dark. But I won't. I plan on living. And if I need to go through this person who calls herself my mother to do it. I'd be glad to.

- rwby

[Yang] "Ruby! Wake up!"
[Ruby] *groggily wiping her eyes* huh? What?"
[Yang] "Ryu's gone!"
[Ruby] "huh?...what!?"

Ruby frantically searched her bed for a moment then moved on to the room, looking under each bed, in the drawers, under the sheets and in the hallway but found nothing.

[Ruby] "where...?"

It was then that Pyrrha walked into the room and much to the shock of everyone else, told them everything Ryu had told her the night before. Yang was angry, Blake was worried, Weiss was shocked and Ruby was tearing up.

[Yang] "That- That jerk!"
[Blake] "should we go look for him?"
[Weiss] "what? Why? He left without saying anything to us so obviously he doesn't really think of us as a team."
[Ruby] "Weiss! That-that's not true!?"
[Pyrrha] "he also asked me to tell you something."
[Yang] "better be where his little hidey hole is cause I'm gonna find him and beat some sense into him!"
[Ruby] "Yang!"
[Pyrrha] "he said to tell you he's sorry. Now, when are we going searching?"
[Ruby] "Pyrrha?"
[Pyrrha] "I've already told the rest of my team and they're ready to go. How about you guys?"
[Ruby] "...I'm going."
[Yang] "me too!"
[Blake] "I'll go."
[Weiss] "wha- ugh, fine. I'll go along with this. But only so I can berate him myself."
[Pyrrha] "alright then. We'll meet down by the docks then?"
[Rwby] "Yeah"

- Ryu

I've reached the docks now and a ship just arrived. As I was making my way towards it, a man dressed in a green suit put his hand on my shoulder.

[Ryu] "I need to go Ozpin."
[Ozpin] "and where would you go?"
[Ryu] "...home."
[Ozpin] "you mean that cave you lived in for 14 years?"
[Ryu] "!.. how did you-?"
[Ozpin] "I have many eyes and ears all over remnant. Trust me. The safest place for you and everyone else, is right here at Beacon. She can't get you there."
[Ryu] "how would you know that?"
[Ozpin] "Because I know her, and she won't get her hands dirty unless she absolutely has to."
[Ryu] "wait, you know her?"
[Ozpin] "after Pyrrha came to me and told me everything you said, I realised immediately who the person claiming to be your mother was. Her name is Salem. And she will not have a single student of mine."
[Ryu] "I..."
[Ozpin] "come back home, to your friends, people who care about you. Don't let her win."

This is too much... I touch my hand to my face and feel the tears start to form.

[Ozpin] "look over there... your friends... your family. Have come to bring you home.

What..? I look up and behind Ozpin to see all of team Rwby and Jnpr frantically searching for me dressed in their gear and ready to go. I can't stop them anymore, my tears are falling faster now.

[Ruby] "Ryu! Where are you!?"
[Ozpin] "so? What's your decision?"
[Ryu] "..."

I step out from behind Ozpin and start walking over to the group, stopping when they see me. They all stared towards me, some prepared to run over, some had relieved looks while some were concerned. The only one I was paying attention to though, was Ruby, she had a smile on her face and tears rolling down her cheeks. She started walking over to me and there was only one thing I could say to her.

[Ryu] "I'm sorry..."

[Ruby] "I know

[Ruby] "I know..."