Unknown Numbers

Chapter 2
Your POV

I never really thought about liking a boy until he came around. I was focused on just getting good grades and I didn't care for anything else. My parents always told me that I had one goal and that was to be successful.

As I walked to school I adjusted my uniform. I saw the building appear in my vision and I looked at the time.

'Right on time as per usual' I thought to myself and smirked as I walked into the large building.

As I walked into the building the noise level got louder and I could feel my ears pop.

I went to my locker and quickly twisted the lock to right then to the left and then back to the right. The second my locker door opened I was greeted with about one thousand papers which with my luck caused me to fall to the ground.

I yelped and everyone stopped what they were doing to look at me. The majority of people were confused. I quickly got up and dusted myself off.

'Where did all this paper come from?' I thought to myself and then picked up the pieces of paper that had been written on rather quickly.

Only one piece of paper stood out to me though. It was a phone number.

***-***-****
Hey Y/n was it? Text me so we can study together!
-Natsu

I quickly re-read the handwritten note and I let out a high pitched squeal which caused everyone in the hallway to look at me yet again clearly annoyed at my squeals. I mumbled out a 'sorry' to which they rolled their eyes at.

'Hey at least I was kind enough to apologize for your rude bums' I thought to myself as I stuffed the notes into my locker and then quickly closed the locker.

I saw Hasiyo skipping down the hallway a happy grin on her face. "Hey Yume what's with the smile?" I asked her as a small smile of my own began.

"Oh nothing I'm just happy because I aced my test! I checked online yesterday and I got a 98! I bet you can't do better then that" She said in a playful banter way.

"You're right but let's see when we go to science first period." I said with a smirk, I knew I got a better grade than Hasiyo. I had it practically in the bag not to mention that I checked early and I got a 99.87. Which might I add is annoying to not a 100 but rather a 99.87.

Just as we were about to start walking to class my locker bursted open causing all the notes to come out.

I groaned and threw my head back while Hasiyo laughed at me.

"It's not funny!"

***

"So let me get this straight, you get to tutor by far the hottest boy in school who any girl would kill to just get a glance from him?" Hasiyo was still in shock after I told her I would be studying with Natsu.

I nodded my head at her as she walked around my room still utterly confused.

"This is so unfair!" She yelled as she threw herself into my bed making me jump up a bit.

"I haven't talked to Natsu since...last summer..." She started out strong but then she went into deep thought making the rest come out mumbled.

"What was that? ...Hasiyo? ...Hasiyo!" I shouted her name and she jumped up just a bit.

"Sorry! I was just thinking! It's really not important!" She quickly rushed the words out of her mouth, tripping over her tongue. I decided to drop the conversation considering the fact that she obviously did not want to talk about what was on her mind.

I nodded my head and then pulled my text book closer to my gut and patted Hasiyos butt. "Come on let's get back to out homework"

She nodded her head a bit and sent me a reassuring smile.

***

After Hasiyo left about an hour ago I was debating whether or not to text Natsu. Just to figure out when the both of us are free.

I was pacing around my room back and forth until I heard my door upon slightly. My mom popped her head in and smiled at me. I quickly smiled back at her and then sat on my bed.

"I was just going to come in here to tell you that dinner is almost ready but I see that look in your face. What's on your mind kiddo?" She said which made me break out into a smile.

Sorry Hasiyo but my mom was practically my life bestie. I could count on her for anything. Plus she knew me so well. more than a mother should.

"Just thinking about some tutoring stuff, I'll be down in a second." I told her and pushed her out of my room.

"I know your thinking about a boy Y/n!" She said quickly before I closed the door. I laughed a little at her and then pressed my ear to the door hearing her footsteps leaving the door.

I opened my door and glanced at my phone before leaving the room to go downstairs to dinner.

***

I walked back into my room with a full stomach. I pat my belly and then checked my phone which I noticed had a message from an unknown number. I unlocked my phone and clicked on the message.

Hey Y/n it's Natsu!

At first I smiled and then I realized that I never actually gave Natsu my number.

How did you get my number??? Just a little creeped out is all...

I tapped my foot anxiously and bit my lower lip when I saw that he was typing back.

You gave me your number silly! 😝 During school today!

I looked at my phone confused almost as if Natsu could see me. I most definitely did not give Natsu my number and if I did I would have remembered giving him my number. Now that I think about it I didn't even see Natsu at school today.

'Hm fishy...' I thought to myself and Natsu kept texting me about what days he could meet up with me.

Let me know what you think but commenting and voting for this story! I hoped you enjoyed! Choi!