Bodies

Chapter 4: Bodies.

Status: Unedited

***

It seemed with each passing day Ella and I strayed further from the Moon Goddesses light.

After what Ray did to El, we were relocated to a place further underground in this compound. My best friend and I only had a few short days together until she was moved into a different room than I was in, throwing us further into isolation.

Her emotions were so strong they ran through me like a coursing river. She was hurt, livid, scared, she felt worthless. The waves of pain she felt never ended and I often found myself crying wishing I could comfort her in any way. Not only would this ruin her, I knew it would kill any chances she had at shifting for years. The emotional damage that monster did to her and her wolf would scar.

I hated him, with everything I had in me. As the days passed he became more possessive of her, his wolf now recognizing her as his mate because of what his human counterpart did to her. It was the reason she was switched rooms, she was taken to the floor below mine. I knew it because I could hear her occasional cries through the pipes that ran through the walls. Each sob killed me more and more.

Now that we were separated, men would come into my room, especially at night. They'd touch me while I was sleeping until I woke up from their cold hands. The only way they'd leave was if I continuously forced them off the best I could or if I started screaming until it became too much for their ears to handle. Shortly after I always passed out from being light headed, or the fear and panic attacks became too much.

We were living in our own personal hell's. I hated this place, I hated these people, I hated these rooms. My will was wearing thin, but I knew if I allowed them to break me my spirit and fight would leave. I was desperate to get us out of here.

That's when things started to change.

My body jerked awake as the steel door to my room was opened, the metal screeching against the concrete in the worst of ways. A man was thrown in and I was immediately on my feet against the wall the same time the doors closed.

Time went still. The silence began to suffocate me the longer the man stayed rooted to the ground on his hands and knees, sweat dripping from his shoulder length hair onto the floor. My heart started beating faster in panic and fear until I thought I was going to pass out from the number of deadly scenarios filling up my head.

"Don't worry pup... I'm not here to hurt- you." His voice was rough and his breathing was labored as I crinkled my nose, trying to fish out his scent.

He smelt horrid. My hands immediately flew to cover my nose as the scent of death and sweat filled my head. I wanted to puke but stayed rooted to my spot.

"W-What is your name?"

"My name? It's been a while since someone asked me that." His voice was still rough as he slowly sat back on his legs, pushing his hair away from his face.

He was a fairly good looking man, he was strong and could easily snap me in half like a stick without breaking a sweat. And although he was strong, he looked tired and worn. I look over to the corner of my room where a small cup lies knowing it had my last bit of water for the day.

I could tell he was watching me as I grabbed the cup and then offered it to him.

"Here, you need it more than I do." Grateful green eyes look up at me as he drinks the water and sets the cup down.

"My name, is Ezra. Previous Alpha of the Red Dawn pack." He flashes me a kind smile with blinding white teeth.

"And you are?"