14

"Good morning," I said to Barry as I shuffled into the kitchen. I saw Barry speeding around our kitchen, cooking and cleaning up after his mess. "You're in a good mood for 6:30 in the morning."
    "Yes, I am," Barry replied before speeding over to me and planting a kiss on my lips. "Was I too loud? I tried my hardest to be quiet...I did make breakfast, though...We got pancakes and waffles, some French toast, bacon and sausage, perfectly cooked...And I picked up some hot chocolate from Jitters that I know you love so much."
      "Barry Allen, what has gotten into you?" I asked. He looked back at me with a smile.
      "Being with you makes me want to do things like this. What's wrong with making my pregnant fiancé breakfast? I made sure we had all your fav--"
     "Come here," I replied before he sped to me. I opened my arms and engulfed him in a hug. "I love you."
      "I love you more," Barry replied. I broke the hug and wrapped my arms around his neck. I got up on my tippy toes and kissed him before he turned to the table.
      "Um, so do you actually want any of this, or--"
      "Um, yes...And some of the food too." Barry smiled. "We have to get to S.T.A.R Labs, but maybe later though."
       "Yeah. Let's eat!" I exclaimed before rushing to the table and filling my plate up with everything on the table. After breakfast, I thanked Barry and went to our room, where everything was laid out for me. I got dressed and got ready before Barry and I headed for S.T.A.R Labs.
     "Where is everyone?" I asked as we walked through he cortex. Cisco's computer was asleep and no sounds were heard at all. Growing with concern, we continued to look around.
      "Maybe Wally's training?" Barry suggested. I nodded and walked down to the speed lab where everbody was. I was most shocked that the speed lab was covered in hearts and lovey-dovey props.
       "What is this?" I asked HR as he stepped down from his stepladder.
       "I'm decorating! Look at this place! Hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo!" He said, spinning around and pointing out all his decorations.
      "You're decorating the Speed Lab?" 
       "Yes, I'm decorating the Speed Lab. You know, 'cause Francisco, you know, he wouldn't let me decorate the cortex, 'cause I made it look oh-so-jolly for Christmastime." 
     "I wonder why..." Cisco mumbled under his breath.
      "Don't you think it's a little much?" I asked.
       "Much? This is the least I could do."
     "What are the balls for?" Barry asked, pointing to them.
      "Do you know what those are?....Lanterns.....You know what I always say, a fella that can't tell the difference between balls and lanterns is in trouble when the lights go out," joked HR. He laughed to himself. He then walked over to Harry who had just entered the lab. HR had been infatuated by Harry, who was brushing his teeth.
     "Ohhh You go front to back.....Toothbrushing..." HR said as Harry entered. HR dropped the string of lights and grabbed his coffee cup. He rushed over to Harry, who wore a look of annoyance. "You go front to back? 'Cause I'm a small circles kind of guy....I wonder how the other Wells brushes his teeth."
    "The murderer?" Harry asked, taking his brush out of his mouth.
     "I'm fascinated by the subtle differences between us, you know?"
      "And the not-so-subtle ones."
       "Like what?" HR asked, crossing his arms.
     "Like the fact that I'm a genius and you're a moron," said Harry. Harry leaned over to HR's cup and spit his toothpaste into it.
     "Okay..." HR replied"....See you at the party!"
      "What a transformation!" Said Wally as he entered the speed lab.
      "This is HR's contribution to this team?" Jessie asked. "Being Martha Stewart?"
     "Guys, he's just trying to do something nice."
      "Heads up!" HR yelled as he drew back his bow and shot a plastic arrow in my direction. It fell to the floor before reaching my feet. "I'm not really good with this kind of thing....You know what I got to do? I got to take some lessons from that guy in the green elf suit over there in Star City, what's his name? Green Arrow."
      "Oliver.....And I'm sure he'd be glad to help you. He's got so much free time," I said, sarcastically.
      "Friend's Day! Ba-da!" HR exclaimed as he threw heart confetti in the air.
       "What? " the team asked.
       "Friend's Day...Oh, it's my Earth's equivalent---of Valentine's Day.....And I thought, like, after, you know, our success with the gorillas, that we should, like, celebrate the love."
       "Was all this necessary?" Joe asked as he entered the lab.
     "Yeah, Joe....Speaking of, where is your lady friend? 'Cause I would like to---"
      "No, you wouldn't like to do anything,"Joe said, putting his hand down. She's at work, which is where I should be going."
       "Look what I have, ladies and gentlemen.....I have your own personal Friend's Day card." HR grabbed the stack and walked over to each of us.
      "Mrs," HR said, handing me my card. I thanked him and he moved on.
       "Allen," he said before handing Barry his. "Or should I say: Captain....Leader of the ship."
      "Thank you."
     "You're so welcome."
    "Oh, hi, Jesse 'So Quick'" HR said as he handed her a card. "I also made one for your grumpy old dad...." He said before moving on to Cisco. "Ah, you know what I like? Yo, Vibe."
      "Thank you..." Cisco said, taking the card.
      "Caitlin! Oh! I forgot the coffee!" HR said as he rushed back to the table to get her a cup.
    "You have sped into my heart, Jesse Quick," Jessie said as she read the card.  I laughed and Jessie's mood turned to serious.
      "Chloe, can I ask you a question?" She asked. I accepted and she came closer.
     "When you told Joe you and Barry were moving in together, were you nervous?" She asked.
      "Ofcourse we were....But it's better to just flat out say it. Joe was really supportive about it, and in sure your dad will be too."
      "Thank you!" She replied. "I want to stay on this earth with Wally, but I wasn't sure if my dad would let me. Thank you!" She said before she happily skipped upstairs. We followed and met everyone in the cortex.     
     "HR made this for you," Jessie said, handing Harry the card.
     "HR is an idiot," he said, ignoring the card and continuing to tinker with his device on the table. I nodded to Jessie and she got his attention again.
     "So there's something I've been meaning to tell you...." She said, walking close to the table.
     "Okay...."
      "So I-I'm just gonna say it."
     "I think that's wise," Harry replied before turning his chair around and facing Jessie. She swallowed, but got her words out.
       "I'm gonna move to Earth-1." Harry cleared his throat and moved stuff frantically around the table.
      "What?" He asked.
     "I'm gonna stay here."
      "Why would you do that?" Harry asked.
     "Grodd is no longer a threat......No, it's it's not th--Uh I want to be with Wally." Harry remained unresponsive. "This whole thing has made us realize that we have no idea what's gonna happen, you know, and And if we're gonna go through something, we want to go through it together."
      "Yeah," Wally said, taking her hand.
       "This guy? You like him?" Harry asked, pointing to Wally.
       "Yeah...."
      "He makes you happy?....Okay.." Harry replied. Everyone in the room wore shocked expressions
      "That's it? You're not gonna yell? You're not gonna throw that over there?" Jessie asked.
     "Your happiness is what matters to me....You're both adults.....I respect your decision....Don't screw it up."
      "Okay, that was weird," Jessie replied.
     "I guess that this means that we gotta find you a place," said Wally.
     "How about both of you find a place...Together?" I suggested. Wally nodded.
       "You know, sometimes it seems like everybody else gets to have their love doughnut...Where's my love doughnut?" Cisco asked. I giggled. "Oh, love is complicated."
     "It sure is," I said to Cisco.
   "At least you have your piece of man candy...Where's my piece? Why can't I find--"
    "So, uh, where's Julian?" I asked. "It sucks that he couldn't make it to friends day today."
      "He's taking care of some family matters in London..Just so you know, we are just friends, right?" Caitlin asked.
       "I've seen some Jaitlin action from time to time. Don't deny it, girl," I said to Caitlin. She turned around and laughed.
        "Yeah, the friend zone....I know it well....Pretty sure I have a permanent residence here....You know, maybe I should just swallow the pill....Maybe my game just ain't strong," Cisco said, spinning around in his chair.
      "Your game is so strong! For what it's worth, I think Lisa Snart was totally into you," I said, encouraging him. He sat up straight and looked at me.
       "Lisa Snart...."
      "Not that I would actually let you date her....But I promise, there is a beautiful, intelligent woman out there who's gonna challenge you to be your best version of yourself...In fact, she could be right around the corner," I said before a breech popped up. Gypsy came through and shot her energy at Cisco. Cisco was frozen in place and Barry was suspended to the ceiling by Gypsy's other hand.
    "Gypsy!" I yelled. HR grabbed a pole and wacked her from behind. Barry was returned to the ground and Cisco came back to his senses. I made sure they were both okay before sending Gypsy to the pipeline.
     "Who the hell is this?" She asked as I stood in the darkness. I stepped into the light and faced her.
      "Where am I? Why am I locked up?" She asked as she looked around the cell.     
    "Whoops..."
     "My powers don't work in here," she said, trying to burst out of the cell.
      "Yeah, it's kind of the point of the cell....What happened? I thought we were all on the same page....Cisco spared your life, and you said you'd go back to Earth-19 and tell everyone you killed HR."
     "That's exactly what I did," she said, continuing to look for a way out. "I told the council Cisco was dead."
      "I don't believe you."
      "THIS IS THE TRUTH!" Gypsy yelled. "I'm telling you--"
     "Then why are you here?" I asked. She looked at me for a second and furrowed her eyebrows in thought.
       "I don't know....The last thing I remember, I was on Earth-2 hunting down another breacher-"I stopped her abruptly.
     "Wait, you were just on Earth-2? Where?"  
      "In the African jungle, where I saw-"
       "Let me guess, a gorilla? Super tall? Anger management issues?" She nodded. I sped upstairs.
      "Grodd must have taken control of her and sent her here to kill us."
     "Yeah, but she's on a different Earth than him, and Grodd's telepathy can't cross dimensions like that," said Cisco.
     "Grodd said he always thinks ahead... Just like the Reverse-Flash.
He didn't have you to open a breach, so he used Gypsy instead."
      "So that means Grodd's here," concluded Barry. "Something tells me he's not alone."
      "Any sign of him yet?" I asked. Cisco began to type at his computer and shook his head.
   "He's a giant gorilla, who's probably leading an army of giant gorillas. That shouldn't be hard to spot, right?" I asked, pacing across the floor.
   "Chloe, calm down...we're gonna find him, okay?" Barry asked. Ignoring his comment, I walked over to the computer.
      "He's probably figured out a way to scramble our satellites....We're talking about a genius super-ape here..."
      "And a master strategist who successfully fooled us on my Earth," chimed in Harry.
      "We Wellses, we don't fool easy, do we, hard hat?" Asked HR. Harry took a breath:   
      "Don't call me 'hard hat'."
      "We have to find him before he hurts somebody else!" I said, scrolling through the city security cameras.
     "Don't worry, we will," Caitlin said, placing a hand on my shoulder.
      "Every time I think we've beat him, he comes back stronger, smarter, and more dangerous....He's evolving...I keep trying to fight him the same way. We just have to come up with a different way to beat him. What we need to do is get ahead of him for once."
     "We can," said HR, standing up from his chair. "You've seen the future," he said, motioning to Cisco. "You know there's an attack. If we just figure out where that attack happens, we can launch a preemptive strike against Grodd."
      "We can stop the attack before it ever starts...Nice, HR!"
     And fortunately, we have someone who can foresee future events...Before they happen," said HR.
     "Okay, okay," Cisco said, putting his hands you. "There's only one problem. I can only vibe what Chloe saw, and a ticker on the side of a bus stop doesn't give us a whole lot of info."
      "What if we widen the scope of your vibe?" Harry asked. "Then you can see more of the future....Yes....I can do that," Harry said, lifting Cisco's vibe goggles off the table. "I just need to borrow your vibe gear."
      "Harry, that's my only pair," Cisco yelled as Harry pointed over to Wally:
     "West, come with me. You have an engineers mind," he said before Wally followed him. "I'll be careful!" Harry called before he and Wally disappeared down the hall.
      "Can you talk to Joe, see if he can rally CCPD?" Barry asked.
      "Yeah, yeah, I'll let him know that an army of sentient gorillas is about to storm the city...He's gonna love that," Iris said before she grabbed her coat and walked out.
     "What about Gypsy?" Caitlin asked. "She's a real powerful meta...Maybe she can-"
       "Yeah, but how do we know she's not a Grodd sleeper agent?" Cisco asked.
    "She's not...I checked her out," said Caitlin.
     "Can you convince her to help?" I asked Cisco.
      "Bro, she won't say no to me," Cisco said before he walked downstairs. He came up a few minutes later and Gypsy wasn't with him.
     "She didn't want to come. I thought it would the perfect thing to get her anger out on Grodd with. I mean, he did use her as a puppet."
    "It's her choice, I mean-"
     "SWAT's ready to roll whenever y'all are," Joe said as he entered the cortex. "We find Grodd yet?" He asked.
      "Not yet. We're about to."
   "Cisco, you ready?" Harry asked a she entered the cortex. He held up goggles and Cisco spoke:
       "Ready as I'll ever be, let's go!" Cisco exclaimed as we followed him to the tech room. "Harry, this thing, if it fries my brain-" Cisco said as he sat down in a chair.
     "It's an improvement," Harry said in a mocking tone.
     "-Was that 'Rocky'?" Cisco asked.
     "Yeah, Burgess Meredith."
    "Geek squad, can we just get on with it?" I asked.
   "Yeah, I'm ready..." Said Cisco.
     "Word of warning...." Said Harry. "Vibing blind, it's like surfing a monster wave....You need to stay above the temporal flow, otherwise your consciousness can get sucked under."
     "And then what happens?" Cisco asked, nervously.
     "I don't know.....Guess we'll find out."
      Wait, wha-" Cisco asked before Harry pulled the switch and Cisco was lost in his thoughts.
    "Where are you, Ramon? What do you see?" Harry asked.
     "I'm at an intersection....State and Oakhill," Cisco said before I made a mental note. "I think this is where it goes down."
     "That's a block away from the bridge...That leads right to the heart of town...If those gorillas get over that bridge They'll overrun the city in no time." Barry looked over at me.
     "Not if we stop them first," I said before I suited up and sped to that intersection. Barry, Wally, and Jesse arrived a few minutes later.
     "You didn't even give us time to change," said Wally. "Cisco wasn't even out of-"
     "Eyes wide, everybody...Grodd's army could be here any second, all right?" I asked.
     "There's no sign of them," noted Jessie.
    "You sure this is the right place?" Joe asked.
     "According to Cisco, this is it...Was it the right time?" I asked. "We must be too early too early," I said before Joe turned to me.
   " No Flashette, too late..." I knew this was another one of his tricks.
    "Grodd."
   "I remember, this human is important to you," Joe said before he took his gun out of it's holster and pointed it at his head. "Now he's all mine."
    "No! Hey! Do not hurt him...I'm the one you want! Right?" I pleaded.
     "I warned you, Flashette.... And now I'm here on First Earth to make good on my promise...And when I'm finished, this city and all the puny humans will die," He said before pulling the trigger.
     "NO!" I yelled to Joe as I sped to him. I pushed him out of the way. Luckily, the bullet only grazed his temple. "Joe! Are you okay?" I asked.
      "I think so....Just a little fazed, that's all.." I handed Joe over to one of the cops and the medical unit took a look at his wound.
     "I don't get it..." Said Wally, coming up to me. "How is attacking Detective Joe West a part of Grodd's plan?" I stood in thought for a moment before speaking.
     "It wasn't.....This was all a distraction. We have to get back to S.T.A.R Labs, now!" I yelled before we sped back.
     "It was all a diversion. We need to find him, Now!"
     "Do you remember anything from when Grodd was controlling you?" Caitlin asked Joe.
     "Not really....Just some flashes."
     "Of what?" I asked.
     "They were, like, these images--places I've never seen before.....It was like I was seeing what he was seeing."
     "Gypsy said the same thing," Cisco said, sitting upright in his chair. We all turned our attention to Harry, who placed the device he was working on onto the table.
      "Uh-oh, here we go...I know that look....That's the "I have a genius idea" look...." Cisco said before Harry spoke.
      "A couple years back on my Earth, there was a neuroscientist that was able to achieve memory recovery using transcranial magnetic simulators on brain-damaged subjects."
      "We use that here but more as a depression treatment," said Caitlin.
       "Well, in this experiment, the neuroscientist focused all the energy on the occipital cortex of the patients, allowing them to achieve almost full memory recollection."
      "So you think the connection Grodd creates in the brains of those he mind-controls goes both ways?" I asked.
      "Could be."
       "Maybe we could use Grodd's memories that he left behind in Joe to figure out what his plan is."
      "We'd just make some TCM simulators," said Barry.
      "Throw together some magnets, make a helmet out of 'em," said HR.
       "Hold on," Joe said, putting up his hands. "Y'all want to put a bunch of magnets against my skull to look into the mind of a psychotic, murderous ape?" He asked.
       "Yup."
        "Fine."
         "Let's make it happen, before Grodd tries to kill somebody else."
       "It's gonna be okay," I said, patting Joe's hand and walking out of the cortex. Barry followed.
       "Hey....Is everything okay?"
      "Just tired of seeing the people I care about be put in harm's way," I replied before Barry stopped me.
      "Yeah, but like always, we're gonna work together and come up with a plan. We're gonna stop Grodd, Chloe."
      "And then what?" I shouted. "We just send him back? He's just gonna come here again....We have to end this once and for all."
     "Wait....What? You want to kill Grodd?" Barry asked.
      "Why not? That's how their society in Gorilla City works Kill or be killed. That's why he wanted me to kill Solovar....And you know what? I should have.....I showed too much mercy."
    "No, you did what was right, Chloe, as you always do," Barry said, taking my hand. "That's what makes you a hero."
      "Oliver has killed," I replied, escaping from his grasp. "He's still considered a hero."
     "Yeah, and he lives with the weight of that decision every single day."
     "I think that sometimes, the only way to stop bad things from happening is to just get rid of what's causing them."
      "What is this really about? Grodd or what happens to you?" Barry asked. I stood still in thought.
    "I kill Grodd, his attack never happens, that changes the future, and I live, yeah," I replied.
     "Your humanity, showing mercy, that is what separates you from everyone else....That's the reason that everyone looks up to you.....Don't compromise who you are, ever....Losing what makes Flashette, Flashette," Barry said before engulfing me in a hug.
     "There you guys are," Cisco said, jogging down the hall to greet us. "We're ready," Cisco said before sped down to the tech room.
     "So all you have to do is concentrate on your memories of Grodd, okay?" Cisco asked as Joe said in the chair with his headset.
     "Yeah, that won't be a problem," Joe replied.
      "All right."
     "Harry, let's--"
    "Hey, dead man," Jessie said as she entered the room with Wally.
     "Seriously?" I asked. "Now isn't the time for-"
    "You told Wally you were dying?" Jessie asked.
    "Dying?"
     "You're dying?" Caitlin asked.
     "Harry....I--"
     "I didn't say I was, uh I--I said I didn't know how much time I had left."
     "Harry....You're sick?" I asked. Harry nodded slightly.
     "I don't believe this...Why do you go to extreme measures to make sure I'm by your side?" Jessie asked before speeding out. Wally sped after her.
    "So all you have to do is concentrate --on your memories of Grodd," Harry said, getting back on task.
      "Yeah."
      "You ready?" Harry asked Cisco.
     "Waiting on you, dead man," he replied. Harry chuckled.
       "Hey, if I start to Grodd out at any point, cut the power off immediately," Joe said.
       "Of course."
     "All right, Joe, you ready?" I asked.  
     "Yeah."
      "Alrighty then.." Cisco spoke.
      "ACE VENTURA!" I yelled.
      "Damn girl, you're not just fast on your feet, but catch on quick when it comes to movie quotes." I flipped my hair and Barry got us back on task.
     "Guys, can we do this?" Barry asked.  
     "Alright...." Cisco said before walking over to the switch and giving a countdown. "3....2...1-" Cisco spoke before he pulled the switch. Joe's body jerked and he pulled out his notepad. He began to draw a face.
  "I didn't know he could draw...." I spoke. "At least that well"
     "Well, that's the thing....Anybody can actually draw....It's just that some have more developed visual cortex and manual ability, as you know...And right now, these magnets are taking that part of his brain and lightin' it up." Joe finished his face and Cisco powered down the machine.
     "Well, it worked," HR pointed out.
      "Now we have a new problem.....We have to figure out who the hell this is," Cisco said, looking over Joe's shoulder at the picture.
      "Chloe, can I talk to you for a second?" Harry asked.
    "Yeah...What's up?" I asked. We walked down the hall to the pipeline.
     "A little birdie tallies me you want to kill Grodd?" Harry asked.
         "I just---No matter what I do to stop Grodd, he just keeps finding new ways to attack, new ways to destroy, and I Barry doesn't think I should, but the only way this ends is if I kill him."
     "That might be the most idiotic thing I've ever heard you say."
      "What?" I asked.
       "If you don't want to listen, go ahead, keep being an idiot."
     "I don't understand."
     "Don't. Kill. Grodd."
      "Harry, you of all people should understand....I mean, you would have killed to save Jesse...You were gonna kill Zoom. And now you're telling me it's not okay?"
     "Chloe, there's a thousand things I've done that I'm not proud of...." Harry said before chuckling. Some of them recently....Every time I do one of those things, it makes it easier to do it the next time...I look at you, out there battling the darkness, with honor and hope, and I'm reminded there's always another way, always...Killing Grodd is not your answer....Saving one life doesn't justify taking another...Find the other way like I know you will."
    "Thanks Harry, now--"
     "Guys," Cisco spoke over the intercom. "We need you in the cortex." I looked at Harry and we were off.
     "What's up, Cisco?" I asked as we entered.
   "We've got a behemoth of a problem..." said Cisco, looking down at his tablet.
     "Terrific."
     "So we ran our John Doe image through every database....And it was tough....I mean, the guy's a ghost.We've been calling him Jason Bourne....But then HR noticed something," Cisco went on before mentioning to HR.
      "Well, at first, it was a real brain-twister, but then I remembered a quote from a renowned poet from my Earth, Alfred Yankovic--"
     "Are you talking about Weird Al?" Harry interrupted.
     "What makes you say that?" HR asked. "Is it the hair?"
     "Get to the point already, if you have one," Harry said, agitated.
       "I can, hard hat. And I will....It's his hair....Standard military cut."
     "So we ran the image through the Department of Defense database, and, as Cisco would say, "Yahtzee." Caitlin exclaimed. Cisco gave her a fist bump.
     "That does sound like something I would say."
     "Nice work, HR," I said, holding my hand job for a high five. He accepted and gloated.
    "I know, I'm a real gen--"
     "Department of Defense has him listed as Air Force General Matthew McNally......What do you think he's in charge of?" Caitlin asked.
      "I know you're gonna say military weapons, but I really hope you don't say military weapons..."
       "It's worse, Chlo," Barry said, turning to me. I closed my eyes. "Nuclear missiles....McNally has the highest clearance....He can have a rocket in the air in less than ten minutes." I let out a sigh. Not giving up hope, I tried to find a solution.
      "So are the satellites back to functional? Maybe we can use that to track Grodd and his banana crazy crew."
      "We ran a full diagnostic...Not to check for that, but to check for any missile action. Any nuclear weapon that's authorized to fire will cause an alarm to sound.
     "That's good. Now we just have to wait for--" I said before I was interrupted by a blaring alarm. "Don't tell me that's the alarm."
     "Yeah, it's that alarm...." Cisco said, pulling up his chair to his computer. "Short-range ballistic missile authorized to fire from Fort Reynolds."
     "How much time do we have?" Wally asked.
     "Minutes," Cisco replied.
      "Can we stop it from here?" I asked.
       "Military weapons are basically analog...I mean, they still use floppy disks."
      "I'm going after it," I spoke, standing up.
    "No, you c-"
     "If I can't stop it, I need you to get everybody to safety, okay?" I asked. Not wanting to waste anymore time, I sped to the missiles on the military base. "All right, I'm with the missile," I said into my earpiece as I examined the missile.
    "To access the keypad, remove the panel at the base of the missile vehicle," Cisco said. I found the panel and removed the cover.
      "Done. What's next?" I asked.
      "Well, the good news is, this missile has a built-in five-digit kill code.....The bad news being that we don't have the code."
    "Great...So I have to try every code possible. All my years of video games has trained me for this moment."
     "At least with this type of launcher, you won't set off the nuke.... Simulators are projecting that hundreds of thousands will die."
      "That makes me feel better already. It's not like there's an immense amount of pressure already on me right now."
    "You got this," Barry encouraged.
     "Five digits...." I thought to myself. "How bad can that be?" I cracked my knuckles and got myself ready. I was about to enter my first combination, but Cisco spoke:
     "That's approximately 90,000 combinations...Good luck.."
     "Thanks," I replied before I started entering combinations. After the first few thousand, Cisco spoke:
      "Two missiles are locked on target."
      "Guys, we need something else....This isn't working. How much time do I have?"
     "15 seconds..." Cisco replied. I continued to enter more combinations at a rapid rate and still got nothing.
     "It's not working!" I exclaimed, still entering combinations. 
     "Just keep going......Six missiles are locked on target....keep trying!" With those words, I went into maximum overdrive. (Cue plankton sitting on the Krabby patty, trying to get away.) I continued with the codes and more time went by.
   "5....4...3...2..1-" Cisco counted down until I heard a beep. The panel turned from red to green and I sighed. I dropped down to my knees and threw my hands in the air.
      "It worked!" I exclaimed. I heard a beep and waited for Cisco to tell me what was up.
     "Grodd and his minions heading for State and Oakhill, fast."
     "On it." I sped to the street, where Wally, Barry, and Jessie met me.
    "All right, so what do we do?" Jessie asked.
    "I know we're speedsters and everything, but we are way outnumbered here."
       "How are we gonna stop all these gorillas?" Barry asked. "As much as I hate these gorillas, especially Grodd, if you kill him, the other ones might stand down, but you might not be able to come back from this, Chloe. You know that, right?"
      "Yeah," I replied before speaking into my earpiece. "I'm gonna need you, Cisco....Remember your little breech buddy? I think we're gonna need her....Wells, how much time do we have?" I asked.
     "Ten seconds," Harry replied.
      "Got any pointers on how all of us are gonna save everyone and stop a few hundred gorillas?" Jessie asked.
    "Go for the legs," I replied. A breech appeared and Cisco and Gypsy, fully suited up, appeared before us on the sidewalk. 
      "Just try not to get caught, 'cause, trust me, they won't let go," said Cisco. We sped toward the gorillas and attacked. Gypsy and Cisco used their powers and nothing worked. Both Wally and Jessie were thrown to the ground and I caught myself.
     "Well, that was not the start we're looking for."
     "Your city will fall, Flashes..." Grodd said, approaching us. "There's only one way to end this....You kill me....But you won't do that...All you care about is mercy."
     "Yeah, you're right....Except I'm not the only one that wants to stop you." A breech opened and out came Solovar.
      "SOLOVAR!" Grodd growled.
      "I challenge you, Grodd! And you will fall again!" Solovar challenged before they went at one another. Solovar and Grodd's fight was toe to toe. Solovar threw Grodd ontop a building and they continued the fight up there. To end it, Solovar threw Grodd off the building and he fell hard onto the pavement. Solovar jumped down from the building and looked down on Grodd's limp body. "Good-bye, Grodd," Solovar said before lifting his sword into the air. He was about to stab Grodd and I stopped him. 
     "Stop! Stop! Death isn't the way."
     "He betrayed me."
     "I know, so leave him here, where he's from. We won't let him go back to Gorilla City ever again....Just spare his life, like I spared yours." Solovar roared and spoke:
     "Send us home, all of us," Solovar said before Cisco and Gypsy opened breeches. They allowed all the gorillas to go thorough and closed them off.
    "What a job well done," HR said as we entered the cortex.
    "Indeed. What did we agree to do with our super ape?" Cisco asked.
     "I called Lyla. He's with ARGUS."
     "I don't know about y'all, but I don't ever need to see a super-smart, telepathic gorilla again," said Joe.
     "I'm with you....Not that Grodd didn't have some justification for mistrusting humans....Whatever good was in Grodd is gone."
     "As far as I'm concerned, they can throw him in the same cage as King Shark....Mm, I'd pay money to see that fight," said Cisco.
     "All right, well, if the city doesn't need my help anymore, I'm gonna head back to Earth-19," Gypsy said, putting on her gloves.
     "Oh, really? So you did all this for the city, huh? 'Cause I'm pretty sure there's a different reason you chose to help us," Cisco said, getting closer to her.
      "That's right, I was the only one who knew where Solovar was."
     "Oh, right, yeah...How could I forget? Don't front...You're into me."
     "Look, Cisco, I mean, even if I was--" she said before kissing him. I danced around with excitement while continuing to watch them.  "You couldn't handle me," she said before waving, creating a breech, and stepping through it. Cisco stood in shock and touched his lips.
    "I'll marry that woman."
    "Gypsco is real!"
     "Forget Jaitlin or Charry, Gypsco's where it's at," Cisco exclaimed.
   "We'll see what the future has in store for those two. You're saying we should be concerned about our kids speeding around and causing trouble? Wait until your children start opening breaches and travel to other dimensions," I said to Cisco. He laughed.
      "I gotta go, Chlo. Just got a text from Captain. I'll see you at home," Barry said before speeding out. I checked my phone and saw that I had no texts from work. Finding it a little unusual, I brushed it off and continued to finish my work for the day. When in was done, Caitlin and I were the only ones in the cortex.
     "It's been a long day. I think I'm gonna head home. Barry will be home soon."
       "Why leave so soon? How about we celebrate today's victory with a drink, just us girls."
     "I can't drink, but it's about each other's company, right?" I asked. Caitlin nodded and I smiled.
     "I just have to grab my stuff, I left it in the speed lab," Caitlin said before I followed her down. She allowed me in first, and I was in shock by what I saw. In front of me was a white carpet, leading to an altar, covered in pretty white flowers. In front of that altar was my love, Barry Allen. He was dressed in a tuxedo and was surrounded by the Bridal party and Groomsmen. Tears filled my eyes as I looked around the room. All of my close friends were sitting in chairs and were anxiously waiting.
      "Surprise!" She exclaimed. I hugged her tightly and cried on her shoulder.
     "Is this why everyone's been so quiet?" I asked. Caitlin nodded. "Barry's been planning this since the beginning. He's the one to thank. Since time is moving by so fast and we haven't had the perfect timing, we made this into a little baby shower as well. Gifts are over there on the table and HR insisted that he make food and appetizers for every one."
     "Thank you.....To all of you....Team Arrow.....Team Flash....Team Legends....Supergirl......To everyone that is here today."
    "What are you waiting for?" Caitlin asked.
     "But I don't have a dress....How am I supposed to-"
     "Follow me," Caitlin interrupted. She took my hand and lead me to one of the closets in the hallway. She turned on the light and revealed a ballgown in plastic wrap. More tears escaped my eyes as I examined the dress.
     "It's the one I wanted....Caitlin, how did you know?" I asked.
    "Barry told me you wanted this one and I got it. Of course, some altering had to be done, but it should fit perfectly." Caitlin removed the dress from the plastic and I got undressed. I slipped into the dress and looked at the picture Caitlin had taken. To finish it off, she curled my hair and I put on my sparkly heels to match. "And one last finishing touch," she said before grabbing a box off the shelf. She opened it to reveal a veil.
     "That looks familiar.......It's Barry's mom's.....Why is he letting me-"
     "You're special to him. He wanted to give it to the perfect person when he found her. That didn't take long."
     "Caitlin," I said before hugging her once more. I began to cry.
     "Don't smudge your makeup....Now, let's go have a Charry wedding."
Caitlin took my arm and walked me down to the hall to the speed lab. We stood in front of the speed lab doors where Joe was waiting for me. He linked his arm with mine and handed me a bouquet of flowers.
      "My mom's favorite..." I said, examining the flowers.
      "I know your parents would be so proud of who you've become," Joe said, wiping an escaping tear from my cheek.
     "You ready?" He asked.
     "More ready than i'll ever be." Caitlin knocked on the lab door and the doors opened. Everyone in the audience stood up as I walked down the aisle with Joe as the music played. When we got to the altar, Joe kissed me on the cheek and we split off. I joined hands with Barry and Stein began his speech.
     "You look amazing," Barry said, eyeing me
      "You do too....Thank you....For this...For everything." Out of all my excitement and joy, I drowned out most of Steins speech. When I had to repeat and speak, I spoke. I was crying from that start, but the tears really started to come when we had to declare our vows.
     "Chloe, do you have anything to say to Mr Allen?" Stein asked.
      "Well, I haven't really had time to prepare in depth because this was so unexpected. But I do have a few words....Barry, thank you for being you. For being a loving and caring boyfriend, soon to be husband. We have faced many challenges together: Zoom...The Reverse Flash...Grodd...We even had bad luck with parenthood...And though those challenges made us feel like giving up, we didn't. We stayed strong, and that was due to our love. We constantly supported each other and helped each other overcome these obstacles. The future doesn't look too good for me, and you put your life in harm's way to make sure that doesn't happen. You accept me and my weirdness for who I am and that's all a girl could ask for. I love you, and I am the luckiest girl in the world to call you my husband." A tear rolled down my cheek and I could see a tear roll down Barry's cheek as well. Looking into the audience, our friends all had tissues and were crying with us.
    "Now....Mr Allen.....Do you have anything your like to say to Chloe?" Stein asked.
     "Actually, I do..." Barry said before looking at me. "I've had a lot of time to prepare for this, but I didn't do the traditional written on paper version. I felt it would be more special if I spoke from the heart, so here it goes: Chloe, I love you more than you will ever know. Our love isn't something I fell into. It took time, and I walked into it, despite our superspeed. I've always had something there, and all it took was for me to realize that what I was chasing after all those years was not going to happen. All those years of pining after the wrong girl stopped me from seeing that you were the person I was really after. This relationship moved at a pace that was acceptable for both of us, and our strong and unbreakable love was due to our similar pasts and our sibling like bond. I do believe in Destiny, and I know we were destined to end up together. Never will I let anyone take that away from us. In 100 worlds with 100 different fates, I'd find you. I'd go against anything and everything to find you and I'd chose you. And if I had to relive that day in the lab when we had our first kiss, I'd relive it over again just soon can fall in love with you over and over again. When I tell you 'i love you more' before we go to bed, I want you to know that it has multiple meanings. That means I love you more than any argument we may have or how we feel about each other during an argument. It means I love you more than the hard times of the future and that I love you the most. I know I've made mistakes....Turning back time....Creating half the villains we faced....But if all those mistakes were what brought me here to this moment, I don't want to go back. If all those mistakes were what brought me here to this exact moment right in front of you, I'd forgive myself for each and every one of them. And in want you to know that I don't love you just for who you are now, but for for all you've been and for who you'll be in the future. I love you, and i'm the luckiest man in the speedforce to call you my wife." Tears rolled down Barry's cheeks and he wiped tears off my face with his thumb.
     "To follow up with that beautiful reciting of Barry's love, can we have the rings?" Stein asked. Kara stood up from her chair and walked up to Barry and I. She placed a ring in Barry and I's hands and sat back down after giving me a hug.
    "Allow these rings to be a seal of your love and a constant reminder that you are bound to each other every day for all eternity," Stein said before Barry held his hand out and I placed his wedding band on his ring finger. I did the same, and Barry placed my beautiful ring on my finger. I stood in awe at the diamond on my finger and dropped my hand. "Now, is there anyone who opposes to this marriage?" Stein asked. Not a peep was heard.
     "JUST KISS HER ALREADY!" Cisco yelled.
     "Since none opposed, I now pronounce you Mr and Mrs Allen!" Stein exclaimed before throwing his book in the air. Barry threw himself towards me and kissed me passionately. The audience erupted with cheer and applause as Barry dipped me and kissed me even harder. I greeted my bridal party and they squealed and commented on my wedding and ring.
     "It's time for the bouquet!" I exclaimed as I turned around. I could hear the excitement from the girls as they pushed and shoved each other. I counted down and threw it into the air. I could hear the girls argue as they went after the bouquet. I turned around and noticed that none of them had it. I then looked around and saw something I never would have expected. Gypsy stood next to a red in the face Cisco, holding the flowers. Barry and I laughed.
    "Cisco did say he was going to marry her," I whispered into Barry's ear. He smiled and kissed my temple.
     "CAKE TIME!" HR exclaimed before bringing out a cart. It had a beautifully decorated 3 tier cake with two figures on top. Rather than a husband and wife on top, there were two flash figurines on top. One, the color of Barry's suit and the other, the color of mine. Every little detail had been perfect, and HR even added my baby bump.
      "It's beautiful, HR. Thank you!" I said, hugging him.
     "No problem. Anything for Charry. Now, WHO'S READY FOR CAKE?" HR asked. Cisco handed me a knife and and Barry wrapped his hand around mine. We cut into the cake together and placed the piece onto a plate.
     "Now that that's done," Barry said, sticking his hand in the cake and grabbing a chunk. "I can do this," he said, smashing it in my face and kissing it off my lips.
   "You're in deep, Mr Allen," I said, taking the whole tier off the cake and smashing it against his head.
     "It's a good think I have more cake," HR said, wheeling in three more cakes. After our cake war, we decided to sit down and eat our exquisite meal HR planned for us. During the meal, multiple speeches were made. Cisco stood on his chair and tapped his spoon against his glass.
   "If I can have your attention, i'd like to say a few words about the newlyweds....First off, congratulations. Do you known how hard this was to keep from you? Even before you were engaged, Barry started planning everything. He put a lot of effort into this to make sure it was perfect, and it was. The kind of love you have makes me jealous. I'm just getting my feet wet in the pool of love, but you two are drowning in it. From the first time I met you to now, I knew instantly that this day was coming. I knew that your love would last all the challenges your jobs put you through and your love as a result of these struggles was stronger. I wish you good luck on the days ahead, as well as happiness and heath in the future. Your kids will have the best parents in the world. To the Allen's," Cisco said before everyone raised their glasses. I raised my Apple cider and drank to Cisco's words.
A few other speeches were made before we danced. Barry and I had our first dance to our song: "Lucky," and I was wrapped up in his arms. We rocked back and forth slowly and my head was buried in Barry's neck.
      "Welcome to the rest of our lives," Barry whispered. I kissed him and we danced until the song was over. After our moment, our friends joined us on the dance floor for more fun. The night was full of love, dancing, excitement, games, and happiness. The saddest part of the whole thing was watching everyone go. We said goodbye to our friends and thanked them one last time before they all headed out.
     "How are we supposed to--" I said before Barry sped off. I fixed my hair and saw that the whole speed lab was back to normal. "You amaze me....Where are the gifts?" I asked.
     "Both wedding and baby gifts are at home. We'll go through them later. I have something else planned for us when we get there," Barry said, wrapping an arm around my waist.
    "What's that?" I asked.
     "You'll see," Barry said with a smirk.
      "Thank you once again, guys," I said to our team, who was standing in front of us.
    "No problem. With all the hard times and downsides you've faced, you deserve this special moment. Think of it as a celebration of not just your love and children, but also the accomplishments that have been made."
      "Thanks Cisco," I said snaking out of Barry's grip and opening my arms. Our team shared a group hug and we stood there crying, not because we were sad, but because we were merely filled with joy and for the future that was yet to come.
    "What a day," I said as I approached our front door. I put my key in the door and Barry stopped me.
      "Hold on," Barry said before he sped inside and put the gifts he was holding, down. I heard him speed around a few more times before opening the door. He swept me off my feet and sped me into the house. He sped me upstairs and placed me on the bed. The bed had been covered in rose petals and candles had been lit around the room.
      "What's this for?" I asked.
     "You....Us....We just got married. You thought we weren't gonna do anything? I know we can't go on a honeymoon yet, but we will when the time is right. At least we have each other right here right now. How long has it been since we had some 'alone' time?" Barry asked. "I know the babies are coming soon and you know that there's gonna be no time for anything when they're here with us."
     "But there's always their godparents who can watch them.." I spoke.
     "We're talking about right now. You don't know how long I've been waiting for this....Waiting for this day....Waiting for you..." Barry said, taking off his tuxedo jacket and tie.
     "We can't...What if---"
     "It's completely fine. Caitlin said it's okay. I already asked to make sure nothing would happen. You're far along now that it's okay if we....Y'know."
      "What are you waiting for then?" I asked. "Why am I still in this dress?"
--------------------------------------------------
HERE'S AN UPDATE FOR YOU! I've been spending ALL DAY on this update and it's finally out! How about that Charry surprise wedding? Bet you weren't expecting that. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you in the next update! -Flashette1
**Don't forget to comment a bolt to become the fan of the week and the question for the "Weekly Winner" is up!**