The Search. Pt. 1

--- The Next Day... ---

It was a bright and shining day but the plant life around were either dead or in the process of withering away. Some were alive but very few were alive.

You flexed your hands, manipulating the shadows, forming a thick layer around the two pebbles. Taking a moment to gaze at the pebbles, you sighed. Then threw it against a nearby tree, shooting straight through one tree, then another and then another.

Then a loud crackling sound was heard. And with that, the trees that were hit, collapsed.

You nodded in approval, "...Well then..."

Then a twig snapped from behind, "Who's there?" You asked.

Nothing was heard.

Maybe it was just an animal... You sighed and began looking up to the sky.

"Maybe it was just an animal." A distorted voice was heard.

You grew a bit uneasy.

"This can't be happening..." It said.

You slowly turned to look at whatever it was, "Who are you?"

"Who are you?" It said.

You watched as this shadow form of what appeared to be a male, stood still. Shadows surrounded this person, his eyes glowed red, and part of his appearance seemed to be very much similar to that of yours.

"This isn't happening." He said, "This can't be happening..."

This caused you to take a few steps back, only to make this being step a little from the shadows, what this being looked like, threw you off guard.

"No more...." He said.

"'No more?' What do you mean?"

"Make them stop..." He said.

In an instant, the shadows that surrounded him, began to consume him. He looked at himself, with a horrified expression. He took a quick glance at each of his limbs, then looked at you with a blank expression, "If I were only stronger.." Was the last thing you heard before he disappeared along with the shadows.

"That's not gonna happen..." You gripped the pebble and threw it with your might, cutting down many trees in its path, "I won't let it happen."

--- Meanwhile in Magnolia---

"Who the hell are you?" Gray looked at the hooded stranger. He was tall but much of his appearance was hidden away under that dirty and old cloak he wore. Part of his face was seen, but what stood out the most was that eyepatch

"Master, do you feel that?" Erza looked at the guild master, concerned.

"Indeed.." He replied, "All this dark energy... Something's not right."

"I'm looking for someone." The stranger said calmly.

"Who is it that you need?" Makarov asked, slightly concerned.

"I heard that (Y/n) (L/n) joined Fairy Tail, am I correct?"

"(Y/n) (L/n)?" Makarov asked, "I don't recall anyone in this guild named (Y/n)."

"Is that so..?" The male chuckled, "Well, if you hear from him, let me know." He turned around and walked away.

"What business do you have with (Y/n)?" Makarov shouted.

"That is none of anyone's business." Said the stranger then proceeded to leave.

"Can anyone explain to me why a stranger just barged in and asking for the member of Forbidden Alliance?" Gray sighed as soon as the doors of the guild were closed.

"Who ever that man was... He may not be good news to (Y/n)." Lucy mumbled.

"What is there to explain?" Makarov said, "He and I had only met once. After that, I never saw him again."

"Are you sure?" Erza looked at the guild master.

"Are you questioning me?"

"No."

"Shouldn't we start leaving?" The ice mage looked at Erza.

"Yes. Is everyone prepared?" She asked as a large pile of luggage sat outside.

"Blondy and I will search in Hargeon." Gajeel replied.

"Erza and I will search in Clover town." Gray said.

"Let's do this then." Lucy said proudly then walked out with the other two.

"Wait." The armored woman called, "If you encounter the man we just saw earlier, do not fight him."

"Why not?" The iron dragon slayer asked, "The old rag doll don't seem like much."

"Just do as I say, even if the man does attempt to fight you."

"Whatever.." And with that, they departed.

--- Somewhere In Hargeon ---

You moved from one area to another, punching many things. From average sized rocks to boulder, from normal trees to tall ones. Your knuckles had pieces of wood lodged in them and small rock pieces stuck to your hand.

"Don't you think you're being a little too harsh on yourself?" You heard someone call from above.

You didn't say anything.

"The silent type huh?" You watched a woman jump from a tree, "Are you trying to ruin that pretty skin of yours? 'Cause you seem to be doing a pretty good job at it."

The woman seemed like some kind of thief, her dark red hair was tied up in a pony tail and the belt she wore seemed to slant downwards, and a bow and arrow was seen, hanging from her back.

"You're a mage, right?" The woman asked, "If you're training, I think I can help you."

Slightly interested, you looked back at the woman.

"Ah, so you ARE a mage." She said, "I can take you to a friend of mine. He's just like you."

You remained silent.

"I'll show you to him, follow me." She said before running off.

Of course, you followed her.

"I'm Lea by the way." She called, "What's yours?"

"Yuuko." You said.

"So you CAN talk too..." She said sarcastically.

You remained silent as the two of you made it through the twisted roots, the jagged rocks below and the prickly tree branches from above.