Cat and Mouse Pt.2

Natsu's P.O.V

As Happy and I headed towards the entrance of the East Forest, I paused to look up at the sky.

"What's wrong, Natsu?"

"Today's a really nice day... TO GO HUNTING!!!!!!" I shouted then aimlessly ran into the forest.

"NATSU!!!!!!" I heard my exceed yelling, almost to the top of his lungs. "Can't keep up?" I teased, looking back at Happy. Then all of a sudden, the ground began to shake for a short while. I wasn't looking where I was going and ended up smacking my face on a low hanging branch.

"Are you okay?" Happy asked as he landed in front of me after figuring out what happened.

"M-My face..." I began rubbing the red mark it left behind, mumbling inaudible things.

"What do you think was that?" I got up and sighed. This time, I decided to walk, deeper into the forest.

"Natsu, what if it was a giant monster?" Happy quivered just by thinking about it. "I don't think we're-"

KABOOM!!!!!!

(Y/N)'s P.O.V. :

"G-Geez...." I sighed in disappointment and began scolding myself, right next to me was the unconscious, or at least I think its unconscious, Gorian. I decided to do something that I hadn't done yet, I took a deep breath and reached for my backpack, only to realize that it wasn't hanging on my back. "T-That's not fair..." Just by the thought of it being turned to ashes made me panic. I began searching here and there, not taking much time to pay attention to the details around me.

"Where did that thing go..?" I said to myself. My bag's strap must've been too worn out to stay together... As I searched from the broken earth to the singed bushes and trees, I began to notice how badly I messed up part of the area around us. "Where could it have gone..?" Believing that my bag wasn't here, I set off to search in a different part of the forest. Moving from one area to another, I eagerly searched.

Normal P.O.V. :

As (Y/n) continued to search in a different area, not too far from where he was previously, Natsu and Happy came across the unconscious Gorian.

"W-Whoa... Its burnt AND beaten to a pulp!!" Happy exclaimed fearfully.

"AND THE BUSHES AND TREES AROUND HERE ARE BLACK!!!!" He added. After observing the area, Natsu began to investigate the area, not long after, Happy too.

The blue exceed was searching around the burnt trees and near the singed bushes until he came across a beige and black backpack laying right next to a river.

"NATSU!!!" He called out.

"What is it?" His pink haired partner questioned on the opposite end.

"Look what I found!!" Happy yelled as he flew towards Natsu, dragging the bag along.

Natsu's P.O.V. :

"Where did you find this, Happy?" I asked as he handed the slightly worn out to me.

"I found that thing lying floating around our fishing spot, why?"

"What's a backpack doing all the way out here?" "Hey, are you gonna look inside..?" He asked, sounding a little cautious. I looked around to check my surroundings. Now knowing that there was no one around, I gave him a mischievous smirk.

"I wonder what kind of goods there are in here..." I said to myself.

"I wonder if there's any fish.."