07

"thanks for, er, helping me," miyeon said as they both stepped out of the restaurant. mingyu simply didn't say anything and just nodded sincerely.

the restaurant luckily let her off the hook as she was one of his favorite customers, and even made the new ocha she got as on the house. now it was past ten and miyeon had to go home soon.

"it's really fine. anyone should help out someone who's in trouble right?"

as they walked together side by side to the bus station, miyeon looked up to see his side profile. miyeon never dreamed of being this close to him. sure she'd been to music bank and even went to a fansign— she even gave him a cute headband— but ramen together with him? never.

"you know, pictures last longer," mingyu chuckled as he looked at the girl next to him. miyeon immediately—once again— snapped out of her haze and looked to the front, thanking the gods her hair was long enough to cover up her cheeks that were burning up.

they had reached the bus station by now. miyeon turned once again to face him.

"really, thanks a lot. i'm not exactly a klutz but one accident of mine can be quite.. explosive," miyeon explained. mingyu just chuckled, "you know, you're really cute."

"oh god oh god did he just say i'm cute omigod"

"you know i've seen you a lot at the restaurant. and you always seem to come alone. why?"

"well, my friends don't really know the place even exists and i like to keep it as my little secret, so..." she wandered off.

"well next time we can go together."

miyeon looked up to his eyes in confusion. this can't be real.

"how about we exchange numbers and set a date? i go there a lot too and maybe we can go together some time."

yep, that just did not happen.

thanks for reading ramen.