Chapter 7

IM SORRY I HAVEN'T WRITTEN IN A LOOOOONG TIME!!!!!!

I WILL BE WRITING MORE OFTEN!

~Fallon

We are back to Frankie's POV

__________

It's been a couple of weeks since I came to this camp. And all of the people here have been so nice to me. I even have a job. I work with a group of people that go out and scavenge for things that are useful to the camp. Sometimes we get to keep the stuff we bring back.

"Hey, Frankie!" A tall guy with short black hair called after me as I was heading to the shed I was staying in. Tattoos decorated the majority of his body. His neck had a beautiful picture of an angel.

"I heard you were looking to get a tattoo." He said as he walked over.

"Um, yeah." I said.

I have decided to get a tattoo as a reminder to myself of who I once was. I am losing myself if you haven't noticed. I don't want to leave behind who I am still in this moment. My identity is all I have that's my own and it's slipping away slowly as a new and much darker version of me is settling in.

I put a smile on my face and nod.

"Alright. You can stop by my place when you want it done. The names Zanler by the way." He smiled.

I waved quickly and walked off heading to the shed that I share with Layla and Kana.

I hope that I can find something to keep me tethered to reality. Or is it that I have been in a delusion this whole time? I don't know what is happening to me. Ever since this chip was put into my brain I have been feeling strange. I feel as if I'm not me anymore. My whole personality has changed.

Who am I?

"Hey Frankie." Greeted Layla as I walk in.

"Hey guys." I say with a forced smile.

I go over to my bed and lay down. I stare at the ceiling and think about my past self.

___

I look across the yard at Diana as she draws in a notebook. She was about 10 at this time. And she loved to draw. I on the other hand was a destructive child. No creative talent in me at all.

"Frankie, come here!" Diana waved me over.

I gave here a large smile and ran over to her.

"Draw with me." She scooted over to make room for me on the bench.

My smile faded and I stared at her with sadness in my eyes.

"I... I can't." I stutter.

She gave me a confused look.

"I'm... I'm gonna ruin it." I say looking down at the ground.

Diana just smiled at me.

"No you won't. Everyone has their own form of art. Anyone can draw. You don't need to be good to express yourself." She said.

I looked up at her.

"Your not lying to me are you?" I ask.

She shakes her head.

I smile.

"Okay. I'll draw with you."

I sit down next to her and she slides the notebook towards me and hands me a pencil. I grab the pencil and begin to draw.

As I was finishing Diana looks over my shoulder and sees what I'm doing.

"What are you drawing?" She asked.

I smiled.

"It's a tea rose. My mom grows flowers in her garden and I help her sometimes. She told me that flowers have their own language. And this flower means 'I'll remember always'." I explained.

"Oh. Thats cool." She stated excitedly.

I set my pencil down and got up from the table.

"Do you wanna go to Aaron's house? He said that his dad is going out of town so we can go over." I stated.

His dad has always been harsh when it came to people in his house. For some reason he hated 'outsiders' in his safe haven. But Aaron's mom was always nice and let us come over when her husband was out of town.

"Yeah! Let's go!" Diana said excitedly.

She speedily gathered up her books and pencils, and we raced down the street together until we got to a large, red mansion.

Once we got to the door we knocked, but nobody came to the door. We kept knocking but still no answer. As we were about to knock once more, the door creaked open roughly and in the doorway stood a grumpy looking maid.

"How can I help you girls?" she asked.

The tone of her voice was cold and snappish.

"Um, we were wondering if Aaron was home." I stated nervously.

"Both Mistress and young master left early this morning." The grumpy lady said.

I sighed in sadness.

"Oh." Diana said disappointed. "We'll leave now."

We both turned and walked down the walkway back to my house.

___

My eyes shoot open and I start to hyperventilate. I can't breathe! I throw off my blankets and rush out the door of the shed. My heart is throbbing as if it was going to explode.

I lean against the shed and close my eyes trying to calm myself. I slowly take in large breaths, but it is very hard to do when I'm panicking. Tears stream down my face and my hands are trembling as I grab the wall for support.

I slowly gain my composure and slide down the wall onto the ground. I place my tear stained face into my hands and pull my knees to my chest.

I don't ever remember anything that scared me to the point of panicking when I think back to that time? Maybe the chip is messing with me? It could of messed with my memory a bit.

I look up and see the midnight blue sky blanketing the earth. The stars look as if they were diamonds dangling from thin thread. And the moon, the mother of the sky looking upon her children down below. The air is cold and damp. Serene. The only word I could thinking of to describe the beauty I am witnessing. Oh, I just wish I could touch it!