Tessellate ⋙ e i g h t e e n

The rest of the walk back to camp was awkward for Katherine. She was obviously aware of the issues within Rick and Lori's marriage, she lived with it. Her mom was doing her best to support Rick and to be a 'good' wife. Lori loved him, and she wanted to back him up as much as she could, but she was put in an uncomfortable spot. Katherine wanted to be able to support both of her parents, but she felt like she had to choose a side. This wasn't an unfamiliar feeling to her. Despite this fact, it never came easy to the Grimes child. 

When the majority of the family made it back to the camp, Rick gave Katherine a look. She knew she needed to find somewhere else to be. "I'm going to go pack my things." Rick bent down and kissed her head. "Pack Carl's stuff too, if you don't mind." Kat smiled. "Yes, Daddy." Katherine wrapped her mom in a hug and smiled at her. "Would you mind packing my things too?" Katherine rolled her eyes at her mom and chuckled. "Good God. Where would you be without me?" Lori and Rick laughed at their oldest child. "I'd be running around looking for my shit!" The trio shared a laugh before Rick and Lori walked off to the RV. Kat turned to walk to the family tent. She was a little annoyed that she wasn't able to sleep in Shane's tent like they decided, but she knew it was for the best last night. Speaking of Shane, Kat walked right by him on the way to the tent. She reached out and gave his hand a quick squeeze while sending him a look. His chocolate eyes caught hers and he nodded, turning back to finish what he was doing. 

Kat popped into the tent and began packing. She started with her stuff. Folding clothes to make them fit as well as they could. After packing her clothing, she started to roll up her sleeping bag. When Katherine picked up her pillow, a picture was revealed. Kat smiled and teared up at the same time. It was a picture of her and all of her friends from her prom night. She examined the picture closely, tears rolling down her face. She wondered where Tyler was. She wondered if he was alive. If he remembered her. She looked at a blonde girl standing next to her. "Fucking bitch." Kat chuckled. It was her best friend, Lissa, standing next to her. Kat loved her with her whole heart. Lissa had a handful of Katherine's ass as this picture was being taken. They always did stupid shit like that to try and make each other laugh. Before Kat could fall deeper into her feelings she heard the tent unzip. She wiped her eyes and shoved the picture in her bag. She turned around just in time to see Shane zipping up the entrance to the tent. He looked at her and immediately saw her red eyes. "Baby Girl, whats wrong?" She shook her head. "Nothing. Just looking at an old picture." Shane moved closer to her and pulled her into his side. "Baby, don't cry. I know you miss everyone. I miss all of my friends too." This made Katherine laugh. "What friends? You were at our house literally all the time!" Shane let out a low laugh and kissed  her head. He had an arm around her and she was resting her head on his shoulder. "We need to talk, Shane." Shane nodded. "I'm sorry for what happened with your dad earlier." Kat sighed. "It's not just that. Shane, he gave me 'permission' to be with you." Shane rolled his eyes. "Oh, he's gonna play that card?" Katherine nodded. "Well, I hope he knows that this is going to be okay. I'm not going to hurt you." "I know, Shane." Kat pulled away from him to start packing Carl's things up. "Kat, I could never let you down." She nodded as she packed up Carl's clothes into his backpack. Shane just looked at the girl. She was so beautiful to him. Katherine was bent over on her knees, trying her best to get everything packed away as quickly as she could. She was interrupted by Shane putting his hands on her waist. She froze. "Katherine." His voice was low and unbelievably sexy. She rose up and looked over her shoulder. "Yes?" Shane leaned in and planted a kiss on her neck. Her body lit up and she felt goosebumps rise all over her skin. He  continued to kiss down the side of her neck as he moved closer to her. Her hands moved down to cover his. She moaned as he nipped at her earlobe. She couldn't take this any longer. She just wanted him to kiss her. "What, Baby? You don't like me?" He let out a low chuckle at his own statement. "Fuck you, Shane." Katherine pulled her body away from him and turned around. She pushed him down flat on his back and straddled him. He smirked up at her and she bit her lip. She had no idea where all of this was coming from, but she didn't want it to stop. Maybe it was the years of frustration she had endured to get to this point. What was she going to do? She could just kiss him and get it over with, but that didn't sound too terribly fun to her. Tyler and a couple of other boys in school had always referred to Kat as a tease, due to the fact that she would never sleep with anyone. After a moment of contemplation, Katherine decided that she was going to live up to that name. Shane moved his hands to her hips as she leaned over him. Shane was incredibly excited by the sight in front of him. Kat started to kiss at Shane's neck, eliciting a low moan from him. She could feel him getting harder and harder underneath her. She gently bit the side of his neck. Shane grabbed her hips as tightly as he could at this new sensation. Kat began to suck gently, leaving a light red mark as she went. She also started to grind into him. Shane could've just died. Kat pulled away and rested her forehead against Shane's. He was breathing hard, his erection pulsing. Kat smirked when she felt it twitch underneath her. "So like, do I have to do all the work, or are you gonna grow a pair and fucking kiss me?" Shane growled and rolled over to where Katherine was lying on her back. Shane slipped his hand under her head and grabbed a fistful of her hair. He got as close as possible to her face and growled again. "Don't fucking challenge me." With that, Shane crashed his lips onto Katherine's. Kat experienced a million things at once. She felt butterflies, saw stars, heard fireworks. It was amazing. The two kissed for what felt like forever. Katherine was in heaven right now. She felt safe and vulnerable, all at the same time with Shane in control. She never wanted this moment to end.

A/N: They finally fucken kissed. I felt like there should be a little bit more due to all of their history. This was inspired by my playlist titled: music to fuck to. So anyways, when things finally go down between them, do you guys want me to write it out, or do you want me to skip over? Thanks. Much love.