Simon said, "Raphael Santiago is my mate and I'm his. I created it just out of curiosity and that's it."

The inquisitor said, "This is great news. Each new rune you make will have to be approved by us of course. These other runes aren't in the gray book or the other book. The angel gave these runes to you. The sun rune, fearless rune, alliance rune, mark of Cain." Everyone gasped.

Magnus said, "The mark of Cain. When someone cuts you, they feel it sevenfold while you don't feel anything. That one was used in the beginning, but never put in the gray book because of its power. Anyone would want it. That's why it's not in there."

Simon said, "I've seen the mark before in my dreams when I was younger. I didn't know what it meant until now. It used to be on a shadowhunter until they sacrificed it to get something." Simon shrugged.

The inquisitor said, "The alliance rune. What does it do?"

Simon said, "I can show you or tell you."

The inquisitor said, "Show us."

Simon said, "Alec and Magnus, I need your wrists." They put their wrists out. Simon said, "Draw the rune on each other. Trust me please." They nodded. They put the rune on each other and Alec felt something in his body. Alec gasped and he had some magic coming off his fingers. Simon said, "The magic and Alec's abilities will only last when the rune is lit up. When it stops, the magic and abilities stop. This is the only rune a downworlder can wear until I can change the wedded union rune and get it put on a downworlder."

The inquisitor said, "A shadowhunter wears half of the rune and the downworlder wears the other half. A shadowhunter has to be one and a downworlder the other for the rune to work." Simon nodded and smiled. The inquisitor said, "The alliance rune, sun rune, and fearless rune are accepted. I don't think the mark of Cain can be there. We will continue talking about the immortality rune." Simon nodded.

Simon said, "I'm sorry, but we should be going now. We have training and patrol. I have a wedding to plan too." Magnus made a portal and they left.

They were in the sanctuary and they started training again. Simon groaned and Raphael said, "Bebé, you okay. You don't look okay."

Simon whined and fell on the ground. Raphael gasped and yelled Simon's name. Magnus came over and said, "He had a massive headache and he just fell unconscious. Take him to Alec's room. You can go in. I changed the wards." Raphael nodded and took Simon to Alec's room.

He got Simon to Alec's bedroom and put him on the bed. He covered him up and watched Simon sleeping. He could feel the bond and it's strength was not high enough. Raphael screamed and the group came running in. Raphael said, "Somethings wrong. The bond is hurting way too much and he doesn't look like he's in pain."

Magnus said, "Something is wrong." Magnus walked over to Simon and ran a diagnostic. Magnus said, "Simon is in a coma. I don't know how long it'll take him to wake up. His brain is functioning, but it's weaker than it was before. Stay strong for him. All of you stay strong. The parabatai bond won't help him here. He needs to wake up on his own. I won't send anyone into his mind because it could be dangerous."

Raphael whined and sat in the bed beside Simon. He was holding Simon and asking him to come back. Alec said, "We will leave you 2 alone." Everyone left.

Raphael said, "Come on Simon. Please wake up. I love you and we're going to get married. We need to plan and everything. Everyone needs you back. I need you. Clary needs you." Raphael hugged Simon and fell asleep.

Raphael woke up hours later to someone running their hands through his hair. Raphael gasped and looked at Simon. Simon said, "Hey!"

Raphael said, "Don't do that to me again. Magnus told me you went into a coma. I can't lose you." Raphael kissed Simon and Simon kissed back. Simon was straddling Raphael and they were making out.