Safe Twins

Alicia's POV

"Alicia, you alright?" Steve asks as he walks up to us.

"Alice. Trouble." I choke out, seeing his eyes widen.

"Guys, we need to go - now." Steve then grabs my hand, sparks seething through my skin, as we run to his all-familiar truck.

I take the wheel as Steve goes into the passengers. Danny, Kono and Chin go inside the black Chevrolet and I started zooming to Alice's. As soon as we arrive there, I see broken windows in the house. I felt as if it wasn't real. She couldn't be dead... could she? I take a shaky breathe as I step inside. I smell the metallic aroma of blood. It couldn't be her... She's strong, I know it. I walk inside her bedroom, seeing her body slowly moving, slowly dying. I take her in my arms, not caring if the blood covers me.

"Alicia... I can't hold it anymore... Stay safe for me..." I hear her whisper.

"Don't say that," I cry. "You're going to live, I promise you. Keep your eyes open for me."

My tears pour as I can see a faint smile on her face. "Please, take care of them. They'll need it. I love you, Alicia."

No, no, stay with me...

"Alice, please don't-" Her eyes start to close as I realize she has to go. "I love you too, Alice." I whisper as her eyes close completely.

I cradle her dead body as I stay on the floor. This time, I feel weak. My sister, my other half, left me. I dig my face into her blood-splattered hair. Steve kneels down beside me. I look up into his eyes.

"You saw it all?" I ask weakly.

He nods his head. "I won't tell."

Someone calls Steve and we both stand up. I follow him as I take a quick look at myself. Blood splattered my white shirt. I cover it up my closing my leather jacket. I wipe away the tears. I see a dark skinned man talking to Steve.

"Lou, Lieutenant Alicia Donovan. She's gonna help us on our case."

We shake hands. "Alicia, Lou Grover. Former SWAT commander."

"Nice to meet you, Lou."

"You too, Alicia."

"Listen," Lou starts as Steve and I follow him to an ambulance. "I've found some kids in the house. Both teens. I didn't trust them since they might've done something with the victims."

He pulls open the curtain that surrounds the ambulance. Jack and Kath are both sitting inside the ambulance.

Before anyone can say anything, I but in. "They're mine." I say hastily.

Lou raises an eyebrow. "These two are yours?"

"Yes, they're mine. Meaning they're in my custody." I reply, giving Steve a glance.

Please don't let him know...

"If you say so..." Lou gives in, casting my twins a suspicious look.

Lou and Steve leave me, Kath and Jack alone. I turn to them as I glance behind me.

"Tell me, what happened."

Kath takes a deep breathe. "When Dana, me and Jack were talking in our room; we heard gunshots. Dana wanted to check. We didn't manage to persuade her to get inside the compartment. We heard screams. Aunt Alice bursts inside the room and ushers us inside the compartment. We tried to pull her inside, but she won't go in. She closes the compartment door and after that, gunshots then nothing more."

Jack sighs heavily. "Mom, we're sorry we didn't protect Aunt Alice, or even Dana. Uncle Ethan was already dead." He apologizes darkly.

I hug them both. "It wasn't your fault." I whisper. "Listen, since I just got back... want to catch up?"

They both nod their heads sleepily as they lean against each other. I walk out of the curtains to see Steve talking to some officers. I tap his shoulder, making him turn around.

"Hey, I'm going to take the kids back home. Alright if I continue tomorrow?" I ask.

"Sure... sure..." He replies. "Need a ride?"

I shake my head tiredly as I look down at my ring. "You know... I've always thought you'd change back in the academy. I thought wrong." I remove my ring and place it in his palm.

"Alicia, you know I'm sorry..."

"Steve, after all the mistakes you've done in the past... I can't forgive you."

Steve's POV

I pocket the ring, staring at her retreating back. 

God, I've made a huge mistake...

"Steve! Steve!" Danny shouts in my face.

"What!?"

"The case'll continue tomorrow. Wanna go home or no?"

"Yeah... right..."

"Boss?" Kono asks me. "Can I talk to you for a sec?"

"What is it?"

"You know, she misses you."

"Who?"

"Alicia."

"How did you - "

"She has contact with me, asking if you're in Hawaii. I said no, knowing she won't handle it well with twins in her life. She's having a hard time, Steve. You just don't see it." She sighs.

"How do I win her back?" I ask, more to myself than Kono.

"That's your problem now. But just know, " She lowers her voice to a whisper. 

"You're the father."

Don't judge me on how long my cast list is, xD just don't....