Chocolate Bars and Underwear

Start from the beginning

"I thought you were going to throw them out the window." He muttred, blinking in confusion as he started to pry himself off his spot on my bed, leaving his permanet indent in the blankets.

I let my eyes follow him as he stood up, his head nearly slamming into the lowered roof in my room.

Cam was pretty tall, but not tall enough to stand out in a freak of nature kind of way. I'd met Mr. Mendoza before he left, and he had definetly passed his height gene down to both of his boys.

The rest of Cam was all his mother. The playful and lively brown eyes that would occasionally get a few golden and green specks thrown into the mix in different lighting. The carefree smile that would always hint at his a full, open mouthed smile that would brighten an entire room.

"Are you checking me out?" Cam narrowed his eyes at me, "I knew this day would come, I just thought it would have been sooner." I grabbed my stuffed panda and chucked it at him.

"As if, Cam. You're like. . . like my brother." I shuddered dramatically, "Never, in a million years, would I check you out." He threw his hand over his chest in feign hurt.

"Blake, that hurt my precious and fragile heart." I rolled my eyes, patting his six back without a second thought as I passed by.

"Where's my Metallica shirt?" He scanned the room, biting at his lip, "You better not have let Wes-"

"It's in my top drawer." I cut him off, not wanting to hear him go on and on about Wes.

I knew that Wesley and Cam didn't get along, the feeling was entirely mutual, and I felt that it all had to do with me.

Cam had been my best friend since we were kids, when we had met the day of my eighth birthday. We'd been best friends for ten years and nothing had been able to come between our unbreakable bond.

Nobody except for Wesley and Shay Harper. I'd met them my second day of sixth grade, while Cam had been visiting his dying aunt. Wes and Shay had been the other two to our square for the last six years, even if Cam rarely spoke to either of them.

"You kids need to hurry up or you'll be late. One more tardy slip for you mister, and you'll be in some trouble." My mom appeared in the doorway, a smile stretching across her face as she watched Cam stumble around as he slid his shirt over his head.

"Grab your notes, nerd." Just as he said it I heard a loud crashing noise from across the small space between our houses. Cam and I both looked up to find Cam's older brother, Jacob, standing in front of broken vase in nothing but boxers in the middle of his bedroom. I found my cheeks start to drain of color when I saw him.

Get a hold of yourself, Blake. He was no more than a childhood crush, it isn't-

"I'll be over to greet you both in a second." He called out before ducking out of view. Cam wiggled his eyebrows suggestively as I stumbled over his huge duffel bag.

"I know someone who's going to be having some very naughty thoughts all day."

*

"Was it like a brotherly kind of hug or a couple hug?" Shay questioned, breaking off another piece of her Hershey bar and handing it over to Wes with a small smile.

"I don't know." I scratched the back of my neck, glancing toward Mr. Ments to make sure he couldn't hear us talk over the rest of the commotion in the room.

"The hug lasted like a second longer than usual. Do you think that meant anything? Or was it just because we haven't seen each other in forever?" I added, catching Wes shaking his head out of the corner of my eye.

"It's against the law for you guys to even be together, Blake. He's like twenty one and you're only seventeen." Wes mumbled, avoiding my questioning look.

"He's nineteen, Wes. And I'm almost eighteen." I tucked a strand of my chocolate brown locks behind my ear.

"It's still considered illegal for you to be together." He shot back.

"Wes, can't you just be supportive for once?" Shay sent a glare over her shoulder at our friend. He shrugged, staring down at the chunk of chocolate in his hand with a sour look.

"I'm sorry if I don't want to hear about how bad Blake wants to sleep with that prick, Shay." I recoiled back against my chair, feeling as if Wes had just punched me.

Did I really sound that desperate?

"Tell me, Wes. If there was a girl you really liked, wouldn't you try to figure out if there was any possible way she could like you back?" Wes' amber eyes flicker with an emotion that was gone too quickly for me to catch before he shook his head with a sideways glance in my direction.

"No." He whispered, "Because she wouldn't ever think I was anything but another shadow on the wall. There would never be any hope that she'd love me back."

*

I was surprised to find Jacob standing outside of the school, leaning back against his car, his arms crossed tightly over his chest.

"Jake, hey!" I swear that my voice rose an octive.

"Skittles!" He exclaimed, pulling me into a tight hug. I felt my arms slide around his waist without hesitation, I could feel his nose nuzzle it's way into my hair.

"I hate that nickname." I was surprised I could even choke out a coherent sentence.

"I know." He pulled back, his hands still gripping my shoulders, "That's why I call you it." I laughed quietly, ready to ask what he was doing here when I felt a hand get thrown over my shoulder.

"Sorry to break up this beautiful reuinion, but I'm starving." Cam said through a yawn, shaking his head.

"You're an idiot, Cameron." Jacob shook his head and held the passengers door open.

"I second that." I elbowed Cam playfully and climbed into the front seat of a Jake's car. It wasn't until Cam was in the back seat, his feet stretched out across the entire back, that he looked me in the eye and winked.

The more logical part of me knew that the wink didn't mean anything, but in that moment, it was the twelve year old Blake Hart that saw the look, that saw her childhood crush climbing into the drivers seat with a knowing look on his face.

Cam had told Jacob about my crush on him, and I'd be stuck in the car with them for at least another hour.

***AN**

Hope you guys enjoyed!

Let me know what you thought!

~ChasingMadness24