35. archie andrews (part 1)

You wiped your mouth and ran out of the school bathroom

You wiped your mouth and ran out of the school bathroom. Thoughts were racing in your mind. You had to talk to someone right now, you were going out of your mind. You texted Veronica asking her to come to the newspaper room, you sat on a chair and anxiously waited.

"Y/N! I got your text! What's wrong?" Asked Veronica, strolling into the room.

"Ronnie.. Don't freak out okay?" You started, talking about this made you nauseous.

She frowned, she gently kneeled down to be at your eye level. "Okay.. I'm seriously worried now, what's wrong?"

"I'm-I'm pregnant," you sighed. You felt relief and guilt wash over you as those words passed your lips. You started sobbing, Veronica engulfed you into a warm, tight hug.

•••

"Archie, this is really important.. Can you please come to Pop's tonight?"  You asked your boyfriend.

"Umm, sure. Wait Y/N, your eyes are red.. Have you been crying?" Pointed out your boyfriend. He came closer to attempt to comfort you but you took a step back.

"I'm fine Archie."

•••

You were waiting for your boyfriend outside of the dinner. You were extremely nervous, naturally given your situation. A pickup truck pulled up into the parking lot. Archie climbed out of it with a slight smile on his face.

"We need to talk," you said, approaching the car. He must have heard the urgency in your voice, his smile was replaced with a concerned frown.

"You're scaring me a little, what's going on?" He calmly demanded.

"Don't freak out but I'm pregnant," you said in a strangled voice.

"What? How did.. We used a condom.. Are you sure?" He blurted out. He looked pained and was visibly shaking. He kept pacing as he was speaking.

"I don't know. Condoms are only 98% effective.. I don't know," you went on. You were silently crying and he was rubbing his hands through his hair.

"I don't want it," he whispered, it was barely audible but to you it sounded loud and clear. He looked down and took a deep breath.

"Archie, you can't do this to me.." You cried. You were crying a river by now. He slowly made his way to his car and kicked a tire before turning to you and breathing out "I need to think about it."

In a matter of seconds, you were standing alone in the dark parking lot. You felt like if everything was coming crashing down.