Emergency

Many dates with Jonathan and many cases later, Jonathan asked me if I could be his girlfriend and I happily said yes. I was working another case out in the field with Ryan when I received a call from Horatio...

C: Hey H!

H: Hey Caroline. I'm afraid I have bad news.

C: What is it?

H: Eric and I found Jonathan lying unconscious outside of his office. We need you to come right away!

C: Oh my gosh! O...ok. Ry...Ryan and I are on our way.

H: Hurry!

*hangs up*

I turned to Ryan and I explained what happened and we drove to the scene where Jonathan was. There were other officers who were also working the case Ryan and I were working on. A minute later, we arrived at the scene. The paramedics, Horatio, and Eric were there with Jonathan. As soon as the car stopped, I unbuckled my seatbelt and rushed out, holding back tears. "Horatio! Eric! What happened?" I said. "We found him unconscious, we don't know what happened to him yet." Eric explained. I walked over to the gurney where Jonathan was lying. He had a pistol whip mark on his forehead and a bullet graze on his shoulder. "Jonathan? Honey? Please wake up!" I begged. At that moment, he woke up and squeezed my hand. "I...I'll be ok." He assured me as he was loaded into the ambulance. I followed in.

A few hours later, I sat with Jonathan in his hospital room, softly talking to each other. Then, I asked what happened and he said, "An angry co worker of mine, his name is George Delphi, attacked me after we got into an argument about salaries and stupid stuff like that." I gasped, "De-Delphi? There are two Delphi's already in confinement for attacking me. Remember I told you? My gosh! How many siblings does Phillip have?" "Just him, Jake, and George." Jonathan explained. "Ok." Then, Jonathan gave me a description of George and I called Horatio to explain what happened and who attacked Jonathan...after I hung up, I told Jonathan that I had to go back to work real quick.