Interrogation

An hour later, Eric, Horatio, and I are in the interrogation room with the perpetrator, who looked familiar to my attacker. I spoke up, "Is Phillip your brother?" The perp replied, "Yes. I'm Phillip's brother, Jake Delphi." I kept calm and asked him more questions. He got angry, I got angry back and asked, "What was your reason for killing my friend, you scum?!" Jake explained that they dated but she cheated on him. I said, amidst my anger, "You probably deserved it because you're a jerk!" Jake suddenly stood up and tried to hit me, but Eric tackled and put Jake in handcuffs while Horatio held me back. Horatio looked at me and said, "Step outside of the room until the interrogation is over, ok?" I nodded and stepped out of the room and sat in a chair near the room. I broke down in tears. Ryan came over and sat beside me and asked if I was okay. I shook my head. He assured me, "Whatever happened in there, the outcome is that he won't win. Your friend will get justice..... and you will be okay. You will get stronger from what you've been through so far." I thanked him and took a deep breath. He got up to get me a Kleenex and some water and we talked, not focusing on the matter at the moment. We were then making jokes and laughing. A few minutes later, Horatio, Eric, and Jake...Jake in handcuffs, Eric leading him back to his jail cell, stepped out of the room. Horatio came over and asked if I was okay. I said, "Yes. I am."  Then we all got back to work.

I was in the break room, having lunch, when I got a call from Horatio. "Hey H! What's up?" I greeted. "Hey Caroline. We have a situation. Jake escaped." Horatio said. "He did what?! I'm on my way! Where are you?" "I'm outside of the break room." "Why didn't you just come in?" We laughed, then got serious again.. "Never mind that, H. I'm on my way". Then I hung up and joined him. We got in the company car and Horatio turned the siren on. A few minutes later, I spotted Jake running on the road. "H! Stop the car!" As soon as I said that, he stopped. I quickly ran after Jake and tackled him to the ground. We fought, he kicked me right where his brother broke my ribs. I gasped, and as he tried to get away, I handcuffed him and yelled for Horatio. "Are you alright?" He yelled as he rushed over, gun pointed at Jake. I took a few breaths and said, "I'm fine.", although I was in pain. Officers then yanked Jake from the ground and took him to a police car and drove him back to jail. Horatio put his gun back in his holster and he and Calleigh helped me up. "Are you ok?", Calleigh asked. I shook my head and said, "I can't breathe." Horatio and Calleigh helped me into an ambulance and laid me on the gurney. Horatio yelled for the paramedics to hurry and they did. Horatio followed behind us, Calleigh stayed with me in the ambulance. In between gasps, with an oxygen mask on my face, I told Calleigh, "I feel so embarrassed. This is my second time being rushed to the hospital." Calleigh reassured me, "It's ok. It happens. I was rushed to the hospital twice too because I went into respiratory distress due to smoke inhalation." "I see, you're ok, though, right?" I asked. Calleigh grinned and said, "Yes. I'm ok". A minute later, we arrived at the hospital.