27

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

I should've known.

My chin went up and I felt so proud holding Ressler. As we walked down the gazebo hand in hand, the bridesmaids and groomsmen followed suit and a wonderful music took over again.

Everyone's eyes were fixed on us and we received such admiration that made my eyes blurry in vision. I stopped myself from crying in joy because it would ruin my make up.

There were many hugs and kisses from our families, friends and relatives as everyone congratulated us and wished us all the best for our married life.

Our families were so happy that the wedding ceremony went well and ended on time. Ressler's parents had planned a great reception for us and invited many guests. It was held in a large deck over the river with tons of red flowers and white balloons. The color scheme was decided by Brooklyn and it was a mesmerizing combination of white and red.

My brother, together with our friends, had planned a lot of things for the reception. They had games and an elaborate introduction of the families. The introduction was the most entertaining and hilarious part of the whole reception as Miguel and Franco tried their very best to reveal our friends' funniest moments. Lahat ng bisita ay maya't maya tumatawa. Well, who wouldn't? Miguel and Franco are the best combo pagdating sa kalokohan. Idagdag mo pa mismo ang Kuya ko pati na rin si Ressler.

After all the guests met us and blessed us with their good wishes, my father announced our first dance. I was shy yet at the same time I was looking forward to it. We never danced before. We never even had a heart-to-heart conversation.

Ressler held my hand and took me slowly and gently to the dance floor. He went down on his knees and in front of everyone asked me, "May I have the pleasure of dancing with my wife?" I was so taken up by his loving gesture that I blushed even more than before.

I placed my hands around his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I couldn't stop staring at him. He's the hottest man I've ever seen.

"So, you're a Morris now. Welcome to the club," he grinned. I chuckled, placing my hands around his nape.

"That was my dream, but now I'm living that dream," I shrugged nonchalantly and he laughed. "You know I love you, right?"

"I won't marry you if I didn't know that," he hissed. I pinched his nose lightly.

"You're really good at ruining the moment, Ressler," I said, rolling my eyes all over him.

We stopped short when Zild suddenly appeared in front of us. "Can I have a dance with my ex?" he said, trying to tease Ressler.

Ressler scoffed, shaking his head with disbelief. "We're married now but you're still getting in the way," he paused and raised a brow at him. "But because she married me, now you're not a threat," he proudly said before stepping one step away.

Zild raised an eyebrow at him. "She wouldn't marry you in the first place if I really have gotten in the way, Ress. Don't you think?"

"Alright, stop it already," awat ko sa kanila at pare-pareho kaming natawa. Marahan akong binitawan ni Ressler at iniabot niya ang kamay ko kay Zild.

"I'll get her back after five minutes," he warned him.

"Seriously? Lagi mo kong inoorasan," Zild complained.

"Take it or leave it," Ressler said, shrugging before leaving the dance floor.

Zild placed his hands on my waist as I gently put my hands around his shoulders. "I'm glad that you ended up with Ressler," he said, flashing me a genuine smile.