You missed Hoseok so dearly. And you despised the feeling of need you had for him. Knowing that you were not supposed to feel anything like this at all.

It was finally the morning of the opening night, and you woke up that day accepting the fact that whatever it was that had been going on between the two of you had met the end. You felt both relieved yet also regretful. But you had to force yourself to remember that you would have to go back to your own lives as soon as this all ended, to face the reality where you no longer belonged to each other.

A knock on the door interrupted your trailing thoughts.

You opened the door to meet a bellboy who was standing on the other side with a smile and a white flat box in his hands. His smile was wide as he handed the box to you while saying, "From Mr. Jung Hoseok."

You placed it gently on your bed. The box was small enough to be engulfed even inside your simple hotel room, yet its presence had caught you completely by surprise that you could only stand in front of it without ever able to look away. All while asking to yourself—

Gifts? What does he want now?

Cautiously removing the lid, you peered at the object hidden inside. A folded card was placed above a blush pink crepe paper with a message which was beautifully handwritten on it in black ink.

I will see you tonight — JHS

A smile came to you as you set the card aside, opening the wrapping crepe paper gently to reveal what it was covering underneath. As the contents of the box appeared to you, shining on your eyes, an amused laugh came flowing out with relief. You could do nothing but whisper to yourself as you grazed your fingers on it, "Fucking unbelievable."

8 PM

You were on your own when you came down to the hotel ballroom, entering where the gala was held sans your date for the night. Scanning the space for the man that had claimed himself as that date of yours, you tried your best to ignore the curious eyes which kept glancing your way—all looking both in awe and envy. You ran your fingers on your red blood dress, admiring the smoothness of its fabric and how it clung perfectly on the curves of your body. The cold breeze around you made your body shiver as it brushed through your exposed back and extremely low cleavage at the front, causing you to feel half-naked as the fabric of your dress kept rubbing on your braless breasts each time you made a move.

Walking past the chattering guests, you kept on making your way to your table at the center of the ball, where you finally saw him.

Hoseok stood from his chair to welcome you, smiling wide as he scanned your look with admiration in his eyes. Glints of excitement flickered in his gaze the moment he caught the sight of your bare leg slipping out through the slit on the side of the dress as you stepped closer to him. He leaned forward to give you a soft hug with his palm planted on your exposed skin at the back, and you could feel your heartbeat increasing as he gave you a quick peck on your cheek as he whispered, "You look amazing."

"The man who sent me this beautiful dress sure does have an excellent taste," you purred to his hearing only.

He pulled away to take another sight of you, scanning his eyes once more from your face to your body with a smirk, "Indeed, he does."

You were seated at his side throughout the dinner, enjoying the chat with most of the people from the company that you had gotten to know with. You had to take sips from a few glasses of wine to rid the anxiety and nerves that kept building up, all due to how his hands kept teasing you as he chatted with the other men at the table. From the occasional moves he made by placing his palm secretly on your thigh, to how his knuckles would softly brush the skin peeking from the side slit, if he was not pressing them through the fabric of your dress to feel you. The touches were subtle, yet they left traces of heat on your skin. The tension on your body was boiling you from the inside by the time the dinner was closing to end, and you were starting to feel more restless on your seat when he took your hand and asked you for a dance.