Chapter 1

I finished dinner and decide to bring some upstairs for Cherry to eat. "Cherry I got some food for-" I was cut off when my attention caught Cherry sleeping on the floor. She left a note out.

{I finished cleaning even though you said not to. Minhae. Since this is you're house I decide to sleep on the floor Thanks for letting stay here...friend :) Thank you for giving me a name too. Goodnight and sweet dreams Kai.} I smile after reading it. ~This girl sleeping on the floor? No.~ I pick her up, bridal style, and lay her on my bed. It would be weird for us to sleep together so I took the spot on the floor.

------Next Day-------

I woke up with another note next to me.

{Why did you put me on the bed? I said I was fine. Anyways I went to school early. I made breakfast for you and your family. Eat well :) ~Love Cherry~} I look at the time 6:24 school doesn't start until 8:00 what is she doing up so early?

------Cherry's POV------

I don't know why but I'm an early bird so I decide to go to school early. I take a morning stroll around the campus until 7:00 then I head to my favorite spot to watch the sunrise. The sun was barely rising because it was winter.

After reaching the rooftop I settle down on a bench. I stare into the horizon seeing the tip of the sun touch the sky. ~I wonder how Kai is doing?~ Then my thoughts broke when a ray of sunshine hit me. The sun was waking up. I stare a little longer until the sun reaches the horizon causing the sky to create many hues of red, orange, yellow, purple, and pink. Everything then turns black as two pairs of hands cover my eyes.

"Don't stare for too long you're going to be more blind." that voice I know, Kai. I remove his hands and face him. A smile forms on his lips causing one to form on mine too. "You like the sunrise?" He asks.

{Yes and sunsets. They make everything so lovely. What about you? What are you doing here? Not to be rude.}

"I like them too. I usually come up here for peace and quiet." I nod and turn my attention towards the sunrise again. Kai holds out a carton of strawberry milk in front if me. "For you."

{Me? Waeyo?}

"I wasn't sure if you had breakfast so I got you this and brought some rice cakes." he takes out some rice cakes from a bag. He gestures me to accept it and I did. We sit there quietly enjoying the meal until the bell rings to go to class.

------Class Time/Kai's POV------

"Where did you go?" Luhan asks.

"Just to see a friend." I reply.

"Oooo a friend huh?" Chen says

"Yes and only just a friend."

"Aw come on huyng if you like someone you can tell us." Sehun bumps in.

"When I do." I add in. I turn my attention to the front spotting Cherry walk in, head low and quiet as usual. She took a seat in the very back next to a window. "What are you looking at Kai?" Baekhyun asks.

"Nothing."

"Sure... nothing." Chen adds in elbowing Baekhyun. ~Those two, ugh~

"I think Kai was looking at her." Chanyeol declares pointing to Cherry. "Were you Kai?"

"You know too well."

"Why her?" Chen questions.

"Is she your so called friend?" Baekhyun says.

"Yes she's my friend." I reply.

"I heard she is a mute and an orphan." Sehun states. Those words caught my attention.

"What do you mean Sehun?" I question. All other members were leaning in too.

"I heard she damaged her vocal cords when her parents and her got in a car accident. That's why she's also an orphan." Sehun answers. We all sat there in silence until the teacher enters.

-------Lunch Time/ Cherry's POV-------

I was carrying my lunch tray when I saw Kai signaling me to go eat with them. At first I wasn't sure if he was talking to me until he shouted out

"Cherry come eat with us." I blush but made my way towards them. However something blocked my path causing me to trip. I lost my balance and my tray went flying in the air and into the most popular girl at our school, Oh Hyorin's outfit. I get up rubbing my arms as they burn in pain.

"Yah! Are you blind?!" Hyorin shouts. She walked towards me but I couldn't move, my feet were glued to the ground. "Oh my bad you're not blind you're muted!" I hid my face from her then I felt someone grab my wrist. It was Kai, he pulls me behind his back shielding me from Hyorin.

"Oppa what are you doing, defending this muted idiot." Hyorin comments.

"She's not an idiot and she's not muted. Stop your insults." ~How can he be so calm?~

"Oppa! She is muted. She doesn't understand anything."

"You know what Hyorin, I don't understand how can you be so cruel to her."

"I-I...oppa."

"Save it." I the feel Kai's grip tighten as he drags me out of the cafeteria. We both go to our favorite spot, the rooftop. I didn't say anything I just followed...I mean that's all I can do anyways. When we reach the top Kai's grip loosens and blood rush back into my hand.

"Sorry you had to see that." Kai says his back facing me. I tap his shoulder and his eyes fall on me. I give him a smile and wrote.

{Thanks for saving me. I don't do well with bullies.}

He softly ruffles my hair and replies "You're welcome. Anytime you get bullied just tell me."

{Um... how?}

"Oh right I forgot." he answers nervously while rubbing the back of his neck.

{It's ok. I don't want you to get into this stuff anyway.}

"I don't mind as long as you're safe. I'll be fine." he smiles at me and I return one too.