Chapter Thirteen

Jack and Elsa soon discovered how much you could learn about a person by writing back and forth.

It seemed one was willing to write down more than they would say out loud.

Of course, there was not much Jack didn't know about Elsa, but she was a good listener...or reader, technically.

She loved to read all the things Jack would tell her about himself.

Alas, Elsa could not sit and write all day long, but Jack would sometimes come with her when she went to attend to royal duties, or when she went to spend time with Anna.

He didn't always stay the night, and started to spend some time exploring the area around Arendelle, but at some point every day the two set aside some time to write to one another.

There wasn't a day that went by that the two didn't meet.

They grew closer and closer in their friendship.

However, nothing can be perfect, and one day a long awaited, world-shattering question arose.

"Where do you come from, Jack?" Elsa's question sat before Jack on the paper, and his eyes grew wide.

He longed to tell her about the quiet, quaint kingdom he came from and his sweet little family, but all of that would be lies.

He wanted to tell Elsa he was a prince, like she deserved, but he wasn't.

So he simple wrote "I don't know." Because he didn't.

When Elsa read the paper, she just looked up at him with a confused expression.

"What do you mean?" She wrote back.

Jack thought long and hard about this.

What did he mean?

Finally, he responded. "I just showed up here one day. All I know is that the Moon put me here, and he told me my name was Jack Frost. But that's all."

Jack was about to hand the paper back when he decided he wasn't in the mood to talk about his origins, and quickly wrote "What's your story, Elsa?" to change the subject.

Elsa smiled when she read the question.

"I was born on a cold, wintery day. I'll admit I was a little spoiled, being the first and only princess. At this point nobody knew about my powers, really. They didn't develop much until I was older, but I guess when I was a baby I always felt cold. I was healthy, though. Anna and I are very close in age, so it wasb't long before she was born. We were always really good friends, and we grew up constantly playing, never resting. When my powers started to show through playing was even more fun. But it was also dangerous and.. Well, you know the rest."

Jack smiled as he read the story.

He could just imagine little baby Elsa, so powerful yet no one knew.

Before he could write, Elsa asked to see the paper again.

"So you say you got your name from the Moon and your powers from the Moon, right?" She wrote, and Jack repositioned himself, feeling a little uncomfortable.

He simply nodded and didn't write anything.

Excitedly, Elsa began to write again.

"Well, that just makes me think about one day when Anna and I asked our parents about how our names were chosen. My mother said that Anna was named after her grandmother, and that I... well, she just said she felt like something was telling her I was meant to be Elsa. Maybe I came from the Moon, too."

As Jack read this, his eyes widened.

"Maybe the Moon put us here because we were just meant to find each other." He quickly wrote.

Upon reading this, Elsa didn't write back.

She blushed as she made a bold move and crossed the invisible boundary between the two of them, grabbing his hand in hers and once again staring into those mesmerizing blue eyes.

Jack started back into hers, equally mesmerized.

Elsa closed her eyes and leaned forward.

She knew this was the moment, everything was set up just right.

Although she hadn't admitted it, she'd been waiting for this moment. It seemed her whole life with Jack flashed before her eyes, and she couldn't think of a better person on this earth to share this moment with.

It took everything that she had to remain confident, because she was absolutely nervous.

She didn't know what she was doing but she had to make it look like she did.

Even though Jack had been nearly invisible his whole life and had no way of experience with girls, Elsa still felt that he must be more knowledgeable than her.

Still she leaned closer, determined to make this move.

She could feel Jack's warm breath against her face, for the moment she had wanted most.

And then, all of a sudden, Jack's hand slid out of hers.

"Elsa, I don't know what I'm doing." Jack said aloud, and Elsa opened her eyes and nearly swooned.

She had forgotten what a stunning voice Jack had.

However, listening to it only made her want him more.

"What do you mean, Jack?" She mumbled quietly, her mind clearly other places.

"I mean.. I, well, I just, um." Jack let out a big sigh.

"Ok, I've never kissed anyone and I'm nervous. I-I don't want to mess it up." He said, looking down at his foot and blushing.

Mess it up ,Elsa thought, looking at him with pure love.

His voice was dripping with innocence.

"Don't worry." She whispered.

"I'll mess it up, too."

And before she could change her mind, before Jack had a chance to protest, she grabbed the collar of his sweater and pulled him in for their very first kiss.

Her shoulders sagged as she experienced true contentment for the first time in a long time.

Reluctantly,, she finally pulled away and looked at Jack, who still seemed in shock.

"Hey Jack Frost?" She asked, and he looked at her expectantly.

She laughed because she just couldn't believe what she was about to say.

"I think... I think I love you." Elsa finally got out, and Jack chuckled.

"I think I now how you feel." He said pulling her in for another kiss.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I loved writing this chapter so much.

Like, I didn't think it was possible to fangirl over your own writing, but, oh my gosh.

I don't know about you guys, but i found this first kiss to be too much adorable-ness.

Let me know if you think I did alright :)