Chapter 2: "Your own good"

"You boys are in a HEAP of trouble" Ms Kurtz began. "When will you boys stop fighting? I don't want to have to shout at the two of you"
"Then don't" Ash interrupted. "All you do is shout and complain and moan at both me and Scott! can't you just stop?"
Ms Kurtz put her small wrinkly hand on Ashley's shoulder "i put up with a lot from you young man because of who your parents are"
"Pfft..good luck getting through to them." Ashley interrupted again.
"What,okay. What i was going to say is that i put up with a lot from you but you've driven me to this. Ashley Samuel Sutherland i am expelling you from St Drake's.
Ashley's face dropped with shock and anger "What?!" He clenched his fist and glared at Ms Kurtz "You're..expelling me?"
Ms Kurtz placed a very fine fountain pen on the desk beside them and went to comfort Ashley "it's for your own good" she said calmly.
"My own good?!" Ashley repeated angrily as he pushed her away and grabbed the pen pointing it at both Ms Kurtz and Scott.
"Wow Ash, calm down man you don't want to do this" Scott said putting his hands in the air "Think dude, she's a teacher!" He emphasised trying to get through to Ashley.
"No! I want to do this! All she has ever done is cause us pain and misery Scott!" Ashley shouted trying to think clearly. "I know what i have to do"
Ashley Lunged at Ms Kurtz cutting her throat with the pen.
"What the fuck dude!" Scott yelled at the top of his lungs and Ms Kurtz lay bleeding out. Scott dropped to her side putting pressure on her throat trying to save her from a gruesome fate that she was already signed, sealed and delivered for. "We gotta stop the bleeding man!" Scott yelled "Help me!" He screamed looking pleadingly at Ashley.
"No, Scott how can i help" He replied calmly "when you're a witness"
Ashley grabbed Scott by the back of his jacket collar and threw him off Ms kurtz who drew her final breath.
"You know scotty i always kind of liked you." Ashley said walking toward Scott who was getting to his feet quickly.
"Ash, man you don't have to do this" Scott pleaded.
"Yes, i do scotty."

Ashley lunged at Scott catching his shoulder and reducing both to the ground. Scott grabbed Ashley's arm "stop it dude! We can talk about this" he said struggling.
"No we can't scotty this is it for you say goodbye" Ashley responded before swiftly getting kicked in the face and scurrying to his feet, the pen lay on the floor between them.
They looked at each Scott with a worried look while Ashley was as calm as you could be. "That pen is mine Scott" Ashley said calmly.
"Come get it then" Scott replied.
Ashley went for the pen swiftly grabbing it and went at Scott who kicked Ashley's arm towards him.
Ashley hit the floor, Scott searched for the pen to get it away but he couldn't see it. Then it dawned on him as soon as Ashley looked up at him bleeding from the stomach.
"Shit!" Scott dropped to his knees holding Ashley tight but it was already too late he was gone.
"You know i always liked you too Ash."

Suddenly a piercing scream came into the room as Darla, an art student, saw the aftermath of those events in Kurtz's office.
"Oh shit!" Scott shouted as he could only think of one solution. Run.