Nineteen: You Should Know That There's Never A Battle Without Death

Don't be too mad at me!!! Decided to update this story instead of The Game because I'm so close to being finished with this story :)

Enjoy!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hermione's POV

I led Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall, Professor Snape, and Madam Pomfrey into the Slytherin dorms. When I showed them the tunnel, Snape didn't look surprised. McGonagall and Madam Pomfery were shocked, but Dumbledore's eyes merely twinkled with amusement.

"So, they're down there. James Potter, Bellatrix Lestrange, Crabbe, and a few others are down there. Luna, Kase, and Adele are all Hostages. Kase is beaten up, but he could move, I don't know about Adele, and Luna is definitely in critical condition." I told them. 

Dumbledore gazed at me seriously. "We'll follow you, Miss Granger."

The last thing I wanted to do was to go first, but we had to save the others. Despite the fact that I wanted to crawl under my bed and hide, I ducked down into the tunnel, smelling the dead fish again.

Soon enough we came to the exit. "Make sure you jump down, it's steep." I warned them. At the opening, I stood up and jumped to the ground. Dumbledore used Wingardium Leviosa to get them down safely. 

I hope I never do that when I get old.

I could hear voices, and I showed them the hole. Dumbledore peered through. "Ah, yes, Miss Lovegood looks terrible. She looks as though she's been, um... abused."

I blushed, and Madam Pomfery lightly pushed him out of the way. "I need to see her. Oh dear, that is quite bad. Hermione was right, we can't move her. So we must battle them, and treat Luna down here."

"If we win." I said, being the optimistic one.

 Dumbledore looked at me sharply. "This is not the time for pessimism, Miss Granger. We will win. Now, how do we get there?"

I shifted my gaze to the floor. "Um... I don't really know. I was hoping you could help me find it. When I was down here earlier, I didn't get to find an exit."

"All right, everyone look around." Dumbledore ordered. We all searched different corners of the room. A few minutes later, Madam Pomfrey found something. 

"Over here! I think I've found it!"

We stared into an empty black hole. Madam Pomfrey had moved a large armoire blocking the tunnel, which was tall enough to stand up and walk in. "I'll go first." Snape volunteered. 

He stepped through the tunnel, and we all followed him. I decided to go last. But something really weird happened. When I was halfway down the tunnel, someone slammed into me. I nearly screamed, but a hand covered my mouth. 

I turned around and was met with the sight of Pansy's grin. Harry, Ron, Blaise, Emily, Draco, and Isabella were behind her. "What are you doing here?" I hissed. 

The professors were far enough away that they didn't hear me. 

"We wanted to come and fight. You didn't expect us to let them win, did you?" Pansy removed her hand from my mouth. 

"Fine. But hurry up, the fight should be starting soon. While the professors are dueling, we can grab Adele and Kase. You guys will sneak them back to the school, and I'll help Madam Pomfrey." I whispered, though my voice echoed through the tunnel.

"What about Luna?" Draco asked. "I thought she was with them."

"Um, yeah. That's sort of what Madam Pomfrey needs help with... we can't move her. We have to win the battle and wait for her to heal before moving her back up to the school." I said, avoiding Draco's gaze.