Thirteen: Slytherins Can't Be Trusted

Ginny's POV

Demelza and I led Harry up the Grand Staircase to the Gryffindor common room, since he'd never really been there before. When we got there, he sighed. "Are you sure it's okay for me to stay here? Your house didn't look too happy when you asked me if I wanted to stay here."

"Relax, Harry." I told him. "It'll be fine. At least you'll have me and Ron to talk to." 

Harry smiled at that. "Yeah, Ron hangs out with us so much I'd nearly forgotten that he wasn't Slytherin, but a Gryffindor."

Demelza smiled. "Yeah, Ron seems to hate us Gryffindors." She joked. 

"No, he wouldn't hate me!" I said, mocking horror.

Harry chuckled. 

"Password?" The Fat Lady asked us. 

"Pig Snout." I told her. The portrait hole opened, and we all stepped in. "Well, here it is. I don't know which dorm you'll be in, but boys dorms are up the stairs, on your left." I said, pointing at the stairs. 

Harry was looking around the room. "This is so much more different than the Slytherin common room."

"Um, yeah, maybe because this isn't the Slytherin common room?" I pointed out.

Harry rolled his eyes. "Well, duh. You know what I mean."

"Oh, hey Ginny." Lavender came down the steps from our dormitory. "Hi Harry, and Demelza."

"You told her?" Demelza asked me. 

I nodded. "Yeah, Lav's my friend!"

"I'm hurt. I thought I was the only one who knew!" Demelza said dramatically. She turned her back on me, pouting. 

I put my hand on her back, giggling. "I promise that next time you'll be the only one I tell."

"Okay!" She whirled around and gave me a bear hug. 

I turned back to Lavender. "Lavender, seen Ron lately?" She blushed crimson. 

It was no secret that Lavender had the biggest crush on Ron in history. She's been crushing on him since first year. I honestly thought it was a little pathetic, but there was no way I would tell her that.

"No, not really, Ginny." She sighed. 

Harry smiled. "You like him, don't you?"

"Is it really that obvious?" Lavender asked him. 

Harry nodded. "You should really tell him."

Lavender smiled. "Yeah, I should. Even though he already knows. Bye guys, see you later!" Lavender skipped out of the portrait hole, beaming. 

I sighed. "Hopefully Ron realizes that Lavender's the only bloody girl in the world who will ever fancy him, because he's a git and a filthy pig."

Harry laughed. "Yeah, Ron can be a git sometimes."

"So should we get to class? We'll be late if we don't leave soon." Demelza reminded us. 

"Oh, right. Harry you have Charms with us, right?" I asked him. He nodded. 

"Yeah, we should go. We have ten minutes to get to Charms." Harry said. We all stepped out of the Portrait Hole and walked down the corridor. 

In the corridors, everybody stared at us. Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws were shooting glares at me and Demelza, giving Harry cold stares. Some were shooting us questioning looks: Why were two Gryffindors hanging out with A Slytherin?