Chapter 12 The Rescue

Carl's POV:

I woke up and Ashley wasn't next to me. I got up and went to look for her. I go in the cafeteria first and I see everyone was there and they looked concerned.

"What's wrong?" I asked. Michonne handed me a note.

"If anyone looks for me or the girl, I will kill her and all of you. The governor and our team have her now. She's ours." It said.

I couldn't speak. I was so mad.

"I knew there was something wrong with that boy." Daryl said.

"We're going to get her right?" I asked.

"Of course, that's what were discussing." My dad said. I took a deep breath and nodded.

"Okay were sending our team out. Carl I'm bringing you with us but I want you to wait in the car. She'll want to see you after all of this. I don't want you to come into Woodbury though." He said. I sighed. They still treat me like a kid. But I just nodded. The team got their weapons and other things.

"Okay just like last time, we sneak in the same way as last time. But this time we make it quick. We find her and leave. Kill anybody that gets in your way, nobody else though." My dad said. The team nodded. We got in the car and took the normal route. I was still speechless. Ashley must be so scared. What if there doing bad things to her? What if she's dead by the time we got there? I kept asking myself all these questions until we arrived. We parked about 2 minutes away so they wouldn't see us.

"Carl I want you to stay in the back, when we come back we'll put Ashley with you and then we are out of here." Daryl said. I nodded. They better get back fast.

Ashley's POV

Today's the day I'll probably begin being a sex slave to Cody. I've tried everything to get out of these handcuffs but I can't. I haven't stopped crying all day. Knowing I will never see them again. Beth, Rick, Daryl, Carl. I sobbed even harder when I thought about Carl. Just then Cody walked in.

"I'll be ready for you soon." He said and walked out. 10 minutes later he came in and picked me up. I had no idea where we were going. I stayed quite though, I don't need him punching me or anything. We were outside where no one else was. This kid was sneaky. He was about to open the door to the building, but there was a gunshot and I fell to the floor. For a moment I thought I was shot, but I wasn't it was Cody. I look up to see Rick, Daryl, Glenn, and Maggie. I smiled but I couldn't get up because my legs were tied. Daryl came over to pick me up and they ran. They had to put down a few guys, but sadly the Governor wasn't one of them. We finally got to the car and Daryl put me in the backseat. I look over and see Carl. He grabbed his knife and cut the tape off my mouth and hands and untied the rope from legs. I hugged him for about 5 minutes and cried.

"C-carl he was going to r-ra" I couldn't finish and just broke down. He hugged me even tighter and kissed my forehead.

"Sshh it's okay you're safe now. I'm so sorry I let that happen to you." He said. He's blaming this on himself when he shouldn't be. I finally stopped crying and we arrived at the prison. Or as I like to call it "Home"

End of Chapter 12