Chapter 6 Sick

Ashley's POV:

I woke up with a horrible feeling in my stomach. Oh god I haven't felt this sick in forever. I walk quietly into the bathroom and sit in front of the toilet. No more then a minute later I got sick.

Ew. I've always hated getting sick, I always got sick in the Summer for some reason. I hear a knock on the door and open it. It was Beth.

"Are you okay?"

"Just a stomach ache, not a big deal."

"Here follow me." I got up and did as told. She took me to her cell and layed me down on the bottom bunk. She took my temperature and other things. She also asked me a lot of questions.

"Well it looks like your dehydrated, you should stay in bed since you're going to be light headed. I'll be right back." I waited and she comes back with a bottle of water, a bowl, and a cool wash rag.

"Here's a bowl in case you get sick again, I want you to drink this and put this wash rag on your head to cool you down."

"Thanks Beth, you're the best." She smiled and left the room. I took a couple drinks of water, but I puked it out right away. Great this happened to me in 7th grade and it sucked. I decided I should just sleep, it was hard but I finally drifted off.

Carl's POV:

I woke up pretty early today. I look up into Ashley's bunk and she wasn't there. She was always awake before me. I go into the cafeteria and she wasn't there. I go outside and she wasn't there. I go back into the cafeteria and sat down.

"Hey Beth do you know where Ashley is?"

"Yeah she's in my cell, she's dehydrated so she's really sick." I sighed. Jeez she's been through a lot this past month.

"I would say you could go see her, but she can barley talk and she's probably sleeping."

"Well today's ruined." Today I was going to man up and ask her out. Well there's always other days. I go back to my cell and read my comics. It sucks not being able to hang out with Ashley, I realized how boring it was here. I decide to go check and see if she was awake. Nope she was still sound asleep. She looked really pale and was sweating. Poor thing, I've never been dehydrated so I don't know what she's going through. I decide to go put more cold water on her wash rag. I walk to the bathroom and wet the rag again. I walk back to her and I see she's awake.

"Hey sickey." She took a drink of water.

"Not funny, this sucks."

"Here I got you a new wash rag."

"Thanks." She said. "Can you go get Beth?" She asked. I nodded and left to find Beth. She was still in the cafeteria, I told her she was up and she walked to the room.

"How are you feeling?"

"Not any better, I can't drink without throwing up, and I can't stop sweating." Beth walked over to her and felt her forehead and the back of her neck.

"Wow you're really burning up."

"Carl can you leave? I'm going to help her change into something else." I nodded and went into my cell. I really hope she's ok.

Ashley's POV:

Beth helped me change into a tanktop and shorts. I felt a lot better after that. she stayed with me for awhile and put a cold wash cloth on my neck and forehead.

"Are you feeling better?"

"Very, I think I was just really hot, my stomach still hurts a little but besides that I'm good."

"That's great! I'm going to have you take a nap again, you should feel better." She walked out leaving me on my own. I went to sleep right away

~1 Hour Later~

I woke up and I felt great! I decided to drink some water, hoping I wouldn't puke it up, luckily I didn't. I decided to get out of bed, I didn't feel lightheaded. I threw the hoodie on that I was wearing before. I decided to keep my shorts on since it was a little warm. I walk out and everyone smiled at me. I was so relived I didn't feel sick. I sat by Beth on the bench and I told her to meet me in the guard tower in 5 minutes.

"Hey whats up?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to talk." She smiled and nodded.

"You know Carl was really worried about you."

"He came to check on me, he got me a new washcloth and wanted to make sure I was ok."

"It was so cute, as soon as he woke up he went looking for you and finally asked me where you were." I smiled. This boy is to cute.

Carl's POV:

I saw Ashley walk into the cafeteria and she looked like her normal self again. I smiled to myself. I was so worried about her. Tomorrow will be the day. Tomorrow is the day I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend. I smiled to myself just thinking about it.

~End of chapter 6~