Chapter 5

Lexi's POV

"No , no ,no. Tell me you are wrong mom. Please tell me you are just joking around with me. " tears streamed down my face. Its only been two months in this new place and things really did go better. Drooling classes went so well and I'm the first one to show signs of no color dyslexia. Yet I have power. I learned how to freeze people in time and to talk only using my mind and not my voice. Now I'm home, crying. No not him too, I already had been through enough. No he can't be. No No NO!!!

"I'm sorry sweetheart, they found his body next to a dracklings nest. They said that they think its one of lukas drackless, but they are not sure. I'm also heart broken baby. I will miss him just as much as you will. After all he was my love of my life." Mom held tightly onto my while I shook from shock to hear my dad is dead by the hands of a drackless.

They found his body while I was in school. We didn't even say goodbye. Now my dad is gone. Its like Flourish town all over again. My old home, my old town. I can't do this again. I can't lose my daddy aswell.

"Mommy ca...can I go out tonight with brain and the gang please? After hearing my daddy is dead I need some distraction to not go into a comma like last time. Please mom."

Mom agreed and she called all my friends parents to tell them I'm coming over for a visit, execpt when my mom called Sara's place nobody answered. I told my mom.maybe they are out. Everyone except brain was busy with something.

Brain agreed to come and pick me up at 7pm that's like 20 minutes away from now. So I quickly change into something better , and splashed my face with water to hide all evidence of tears. Even though my eyes are a bit swollen and red still.

I heard Brain's truck outside in our parking lot. "Lexi dear, Brain is here. You can go now." I walk into the kitchen within seconds and greeted Brain with a hug.

"Okey mommy, how long can I go?" Mom place her fingers on her chin like she always did when thinking. "

I want you back before eleven , after al tomorrow is still school for you young lady." She said it with a wink and I told her thank you.

"So where do you want to go Lexi?" After closing my door and he took his seat on the drivers side , I looked at him thinking.

"Anywhere, but here will be amazing." Brain nod his head and had a smirk on his face like he knows exactly where to go.

"Oh and Lexi, sorry about your dad. I know its hard, but you still got Sara and me and the rest of the gang." He said it with a genuinely sweet smile. I swallowed my tears back and just looked out the window, because I know as soon as I meet his baby blue eyes I would be crying in matter of seconds.

We stopped outside a little restaurant and I understand why he took me here. The lights had a small glow, enough to hide tears when needed. We sat down in the the farest corner , away from praying eyes and we talk the whole time.

I had to admit getting to know Brain better and laughing at his jokes did make my night better. When it was time to go I was so tired and my tummy ache from al the laughing and the ice cream and milkshakes we had.

"Thanks again Brain for taking me out tonight. I needed this." I looked up at him and he had a small almost invisible smile on his face.

"Don't you worry about it Lexi, like I said earlier. We friends stick together no matter what happens." He chuckled and gentle hit me with his fist against my arm. I act like it hurt a lot and pouted and rub my arm. It only made him laugh even louder.

"Now common Lexi haha we both know I barely even hurt you. You are to cute to hurt any way." I couldn't help it and laughed with him and agreed it did not hurt even a bit.

Note to self: Brain really has the most greatest laughs I ever heard. Its a pitty its so rare to hear it, because he is almost all the time serious even when he makes jokes. After saying our goodbye's I went to my mom's room and thanked her for letting me go out tonight.

I took a shower and I was on my way to bed, when I heard a prring sound. Right there next to my teddy was a new baby kitten as white as snow and had blue eyes. She was beautiful. I named her Moonlight.

Finally no bad dreams and I slept like a baby. Dreaming of my little time with Brain. The following morning I woke up and took moonlight to the kitchen.

"Dear where did you get this little kitten?" I stood still.

"Wait what? I thought mommy got the kitten for me while I was out." Now getting a bit scared I saw a little note sticking out of the ribbon that been tied around her neck.

It read: To my Bestes of best friends Lexi. From your bestie Sara. I thought it might help since you told me you miss little May-May.

It was the best gift I ever had and mom smiled after reading the note herself.

"While I guess we have a new family member. After work I will go and buy things for her. What's her name?" I told my mom I named her Moonlight, because when I saw her sitting on my bed she was also in the moonlight that made her look even more beautifuller then she already was.

Okey yes I'm sorry for killing her dad, but atleast she has a new kitty and what do you think Lukas would sent one of his dracklings to kill her dad...questions...questions and more questions.... haha hope you are enjoying my book, this goes out to all my readers and followers. You guys rock!!!

LoveXxx
Shadow