♚ | PREVIEW 07

have a taste of the [BETTY] & [JUGHEAD] slots.

"... can you stop chewing so loudly? i thought you would have more manners after spending months at one of the most prestigious schools..." minsook sighed at her friend, taking a break from the textbooks sprawled across the table.

"well we aren't at school, we're in a public dining place. plus, pop's has the best burgers" xiuying rubbed her hands together after taking the last bite of her burger.

minsook stared at the two plates with pizza slices on the side. they weren't even for her.

she released another sigh.

"what's up?"

"it's... it's nothing"

"spill it or i'm literally going to spill orange juice on your homework"

minsook quickly shut her books and swiped them out of her reach "don't you DARE these cost a FORTUNE and we're not even in college!"

"is it kim jonghyun?"

there was a pause before she put down her books, inhaling a deep breath.

"excuse me, jonghyun, but i don't think you have the right to tell him what to do or not? you're not controlling his life" minsook attempted to defend one of the princes who wanted to get out of the 'royalty' zone and try something more ordinary, something the 'commoners' are most likely to do.

"and i don't think you have the right to tell me what i should and shouldn't do, kwon minsook? you were eavesdropping on our conversation, how disrespectful of you. but i guess i shouldn't have set my expectations too high, you aren't even able to have any manners"

"okay, fine, i apologize for eavesdropping on your conversation, but that still does not give you the right to tell him what to do? i get that you have the highest heritage amongst-"

she was suddenly cut off by an angry outburst "no, you don't get it! you don't know what's it like to have a high heritage, you don't know what it's like to be weighed down by responsibilities, you don't know what it's like to keep all these responsibilities from the moment you were born and for the rest of your life, and you certainly don't know what it's like to have a peaceful life before a bunch of commoners suddenly burst into your daily life with daily trouble that ruins all stability in this school! and that is why-"

he slammed his hands on minsook's desk.

"i will not rest till i'm at peace again, even if it means getting all of you six expelled and suspended."

she didn't answer, she looked around as if she was scared someone might hear her.

"relaax, it's not like someone so royalty like him would walk into a vintage dining restaurant like pop's. are you okay? you seem quite off lately" xiuying sipped her cola.

minsook opened her books and went back to solving algebraic math equations "it's nothing, i just... don't understand why he hates us so much. i get that we invaded their home and that they're upset, but why does he hold such a grudge? it's not like we meant to even get involved with them..."

"i thought he would let it go at some point, but it feels like his grudge is just growing bigger and bigger throughout the time"

"it's so easy for you, you're not even concerned by him"

"well i am concerned about you, that is concerned about him, it's not like i don't notice you work extra hard whenever he criticizes you"

the bell at the entrance rang, signaling a new customer in the restaurant. xiuying curiously turned her head to eye the new arrival.

"speaking of the devil-"

jonghyun walked into the restaurant.