Bad Memories

Kezia Pov

I woke up to hear everybody in my house up and moving about. I had school and I woke up late asf! So I rushed to the bathroom, took care of my hygiene and put my school clothes on.
My uniform is a red skirt which is knee length and pleated and my shirt was short sleeved and tucked into my skirt. I wore a pair of white Nikes and held my hair in a bun.
My normal morning routine would be to get up get dressed and get the school bus but since I woke up late I had to travel. Being in such a rush I just zoomed through the house barely saying good morning to anyone. And in the Caribbean manners and respect has a very big part to play in families so I know I was up for a lecture this afternoon.
  I put my earphones in my ears and played Orlando Octave - Single while walking down the street. Only concentrating on where I was walking.

Peep Peeeep

My concentration was rudely interrupted when I saw my ex pulling up in his car next to me.

"What happen girl ? Like you want a drop to school" He said smiling and licking his lips. This boy didn't just pull up next to me. Interrupt me and not even say good morning😑

"Excuse ? Where is your manners ? In your big toe? " I shouted back rudely. Mainly because I was disgusted by his approach.

"My bad. Morning. You want a drop or not ? " He asked looking impatient this time.

"Nah I'm good. I will get a taxi" I said as I turned down his offer and continued walking.

He drove to the pace I was walking so that he could talk to me.

"So you rather travel with someone you don't know than travel with me ? Are you serious?"
He asked looking angry.

His statement got me angry because he has to be crazy to even think I will trust him. After what he did to me.

" Yeah I do. At least the taxi driver didn't leave me drunk by myself at a party while he fucked my best friend in a guest house. "

I could see that he was pissed but I didn't care. At that party something , anything could've happened to me and it would've been his fault. All his fault! And to make matters worst he was with my so-called best friend, Dianna.

"Cmon Kezia that is the past. Forgive me at least" He pleaded. But I could've seen that there wasn't no true meaning to his apology. It was all just a bag of words.

"Just leave me please!" I shouted at him. With the hope that he will.

After looking at me with his big brown eyes he drove off.

My ex is a basketball player for Trinidad's Basketball Team. He was tall, Dark skinned , muscular and had a low fade.
We was together for a good while until the incident and I broke up with him for good. At first I was hurt and sad but after thinking about it I saw all the good in the situation. He was a player and he loved flirting around. I spoke to him many times an he never changed. So I know us breaking up was for the best.

I got into a taxi and was dropped off in front of the school gate. When I got there assembly which is the early morning prayer session was in progress.

Buzz Buzz

I heard my phone vibrate and I checked it seeing the text brought a smile to my face.

Tyrell Smith
GoodMorning Babe

Kezia T. King
Morning Ty.
I'm your babe now ?

Tyrell Smith
You can be anything you want to...

I didn't know how to reply to the text it had me dumbfounded for a while. He is already calling me babe. He must be comfortable not wanting to give the wrong impression I decided to ignore it.