Ch 8: To the end of the world and back again

"Nyma, Rolo.. Nice seeing you again.."

I grunted as Rolo's arm around my neck tightened. Not enough to restrict air flow, but enough to make me wish I had more to try and calm my racing heart.

"Isn't it? We came out here with orders to grab all of your crew, but with you I'm sure they're bound to follow us to get you." Rolo chuckled in my ear, pressing a blade to my outer thigh and pressing. It cut through the fabric of my grey jeans easily, and had the same luck with my skin. Orders?..

"Who's orders?.." I shifted slightly, pretending to try and get comfortable when I was really testing Rolo's grip. At the small movement, the blade to my thigh plunged deeper, and I would have screamed if not for Nyma's hand quickly covering my mouth. Well there goes the plan of running, can't run with a fucked over leg.

"No funny business, Lance. We know all of your tricks. We trained together remember? All of your hearty little group did." Nyma spoke, removing her hand. I bit my lip to try and stifle any noises of pain as the blade moved minutely inside my thigh. Blood quickly flowed from the wound, staining my jeans horribly and dripping down under the loose fabric. Yeah whatever, I know yours too asshole.

"As for orders, it's just your old buddy Thace. You know, the one you abandoned in the hoard a year back?"

So they believed it.. I faked surprise and fear, letting loose a little whine. "He didn't die?.."

"No thanks to your scared asses. He got out with minor injuries and he's been keeping watch on all of you ever since." Nyma pulled her hair over her shoulder, and with a few pats to her leg, their German pinscher Beezer padded over carrying a small satchel. Nyma took the satchel and after digging around, tossed Rolo some black duct tape.

"Whatever, none of this'll matter anyways. I left the group, the others won't follow me. So in the end you'd only be delivering a piece of what Thace ordered." I retorted, brows furrowing as I glared at Nyma.

"Oh don't worry, they'll follow. We've been watching you for a little while, you've got a nice set of pipes. We heard you from the other side of the hospital, so they'll have more than enough reasons to follow when they hear you." With that, Rolo twisted the blade sharply and tore it backwards, severing all tendons in its path and sending white hot pain through my body. I shrieked as the assaulted leg went limp and I fell to my knees. Rolo pulled my hands behind my back and bound my forearms together with the duct tape. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I panted wildly, looking up at Nyma who only smiled and walked up to me. She slammed the hilt of her rifle into my temple, and everything went black.

The teams heads whipped to the side as they mounted their horses, hearing the distant scream. Keith stood motionless at the side of Cocoa, a hand on her saddle as he looked towards the source of the sound. Hunk broke the eerie silence that followed, gripping Terra's reins tightly. "Oh man, ooooh man, oh man. Was that Lance? That was Lance wasn't it? We've gotta hurry."

Allura looked down at Callus's mane, and Pidge gripped her waist from behind. "All I had to do was listen to him, this is my fault.."

Pidge shook her head, tightening her hold on Allura's waist. "No, it's not your fault. Your reasons were justified, both parties were. Lance was upset that he wasn't being heard, and the bad ties we've had with the Galra made everyone want to stay away from them. We all had our reasons." Matt shifted behind Pidge, humming agreement. The three were situated on the back of Callus because he was the groups largest horse and could easily hold the three people.

"I guess that's true.." Allura sighed and looked up, meeting Shiro's gaze and nodding. "Alright, lets go."

With that Shiro lowered a hand down to Keith, who still stood motionlessly. "Hey.. Come on we gotta go."