Chapter 25: Birthday Special!

Start from the beginning

"That's right! The power of youth is a great force!" Gai added and I sweatdropped.

"But that doesn't explain why you were hiding," I pushed and Neji scoffed before the two others could responded.

"We were in the middle of our training exercises and sensed an unknown presence. That's all," he snapped and I nodded. I stood normally and undid my Hoshigan.

"What is that visual prowess anyway?" he asked and I smirked.

"Nothing you need to know. It's funny how you know the Sharingan, even though the Uchiha clan is practically extinct, but you don't know my clan, a small but living clan. Well, study your textbooks a little more. I've got things to do, bye," I refused to respond which aggravated the Hyuga.

"We introduced ourselves, now you need to introduce yourself," he growled and TenTen scolded him.

"Fine, if you're really dying to know my name, my name is Hotaru Hamasaki and my visual prowess is called the Hoshigan. Don't think for a second that's the only thing my clan can do, because we're capable of much more," I replied with a smirk and Neji glared at me.

"Let's fight, right here and now," Lee said and I raised an eyebrow, the smirk still present on my face. Neji went over to him and whispered something I couldn't hear.

"Forgive him, he's a little rowdy, but he has no intention of fighting right now. Let's go train somewhere else," Neji said the last part to his teammates and I shook my head.

"You don't have to leave, I'll find another spot to watch the clouds. See ya," I said and waved. I started walking away, but what I didn't know was that there were multiple sighs of relief when I left.

I walked over to the Hamasaki residence to our training ground. I sat in the middle of the field and looked up at the clouds. Finally, peace and quiet. Perfect for thinking.

While I was looking up, I noticed one of the clouds looked like a duck. I laughed quietly to myself as my mind trailed to Sasuke, the duckbutt. His hair looked like a duck's butt, so I occasionally referred to him as that.

I pictured his face in my mind and I blushed. We weren't fighting anymore, but things were definitely awkward since the kiss. I liked it, but I wasn't sure if he did. I didn't want to tell him because I was scared of ruining our friendship, but how much longer could I keep that bottled up inside?

I sighed and sat up, deciding right now wasn't the time for thinking. I walked aimlessly around the residence and visited a few of the shops. Although none of them were my grandparents, aunts, uncles, or cousins, I still saw them as that.

I ended up buying lunch for myself and the others. Kakashi usually treated us to ramen, and I thought today might be a good day to treat them since I was late.

I walked in front of Ichiraku Ramen to see if my team was there, but they weren't. I huffed in frustration and decided to ask the Hokage where they were so I could at least bring them lunch. I knocked on his door and was let into his office, again.

"Lord Hokage, can you please tell me where my team's mission is taking place so I can bring them lunch?" I asked and the Hokage pondered for a while. He checked the time, nodded, and smiled.

"Yes, they should be starving by now...alright, I will take you to where they are," he said and my eyes widened.

"W-what? Why? You have to stay here and resume your duties," I told him and he laughed heartily.

"Ah, but Hotaru, this is a special moment. I rarely speak to you or the Hamasaki anymore. Now, don't you worry about my duties. Let's go," he said, stood up, and walked out next to me. Now I was SERIOUSLY getting suspicious. First he lets me have the day off, and now he wants to walk with me? What the hell is going on?