The escape

Author’s note: Thanks for bearing with me guys! I know every two weeks is a long time in between updates so I really appreciate all of your support. Hopefully within the next week or so, I’ll get Marauder Moments updated too!

I obediently swallowed the potions Narcissa shoved at me. Energy and strength flooded through me, and all the pain of my constant injuries instantly dissipated. “Greyback’s still here,” she informed me dryly. “See what you can do to convince him you need to go outside.”

                I hadn’t had to deal with Greyback since the full moon. I grimaced, but nodded. She spun on heel, disappearing down the hallway. She returned several minutes later, Greyback in tow. I began frantically pacing around my cell, throwing my body against the bars and emitting animalistic shrieks. Greyback crossed his arms angrily. “What the bloody hell is wrong with you girl?”

                “Outside!” I whined desperately. “Outside! I need to be outside! Can’t spend one more fcking minute trapped! Let me out damn it!” I threw my head back and let out an impressive impression of a wolf’s howl.

                Greyback gave a harsh bark of laughter. “All those bloody experiments are messing with her mind. But it’s about time she finally started embracing her inner beast.”

                “Perhaps we should let her out? If we let her, as you put it, embrace her inner beast, maybe she’ll be more likely to finally finish this transformation nonsense.”

                Greyback studied my thrashing, then shrugged. “Either that or she’ll make a break of it and we’ll have an excuse to kill her.”

                Thanks dad, love you too.

                He and Narcissa led me outside at wand point. Draco saw us and joined our procession, commenting loudly about stupid mutts losing their minds. He only shut up when Greyback bared his teeth at the blond. I wasn’t really sure what to do once we got outside, so I threw myself on the ground and began rolling around in the grass. I didn’t have to fake my enthusiasm; I felt a deep rejuvenation at finally being reunited with the outside world again. Thank goodness it hadn’t snowed or I’d probably be facing hypothermia.

                Narcissa waved Greyback away, saying she was perfectly capable of handling the ‘little mutt.’ The two regarded each other with snarls, and he disappeared into the house. Narcissa prodded Draco forward as I scrambled off of the ground. “You only have a few minutes before they come back. Run!”

                I grabbed Draco’s hand and took off; the poor boy could barely keep up with me. The yard around us became engulfed by trees. Several minutes later and I heard enraged yelling. Greyback was following us.

                A curse whizzed by me, and I veered too far to the left, loosing balance. Greyback was on me in a second, shooting another curse at me—I just barely rolled out of the way. He jumped on me, knees digging painfully into my stomach, mouth forming another curse, when Draco yelled something. Greyback fell over, but recovered before I had finished scrambling up, and disarmed Draco. He moved to attack the blond when I sprung up and knocked the wands out of his hand. He punched me, sending me to the ground again, and stomped on my arm. The bone gave a sickening crack, and I screamed in white-hot pain. He swooped down and grabbed the closest wand to him—Draco’s—and shot a stupify at the teen, then turned to me, snarling. With a smooth flick of his wrist, he shot a red slash down my body; blood began to spurt from my shoulder to my hip. Crying out, I heaved myself forward and sunk my teeth into his leg hard enough to feel his skin gave way. He gave a roar of pain, grabbing me roughly by the hair and slinging my body effortlessly away from his and into a nearby tree. I gasped, momentarily stunned by the sharp stab of pain shooting up my spine. My vision grew dark for several long seconds, but when I opened my eyes, I saw a wand laying uselessly on the ground. Clumsily I lurched towards it; Greyback was too distracted mocking Draco to notice me. He must have thought he’d knocked me out.