Vacay, Aubrey, more identical than the Weasley twins!

Harry woke up, yawning and stretching just like any other day. Ron was already gone which was odd, but he didn’t dwell on it. He quickly got ready for the day and headed downstairs, eager for breakfast.

The kitchen door was closed. Odd. It was never closed…. Cautiously, he pushed the door open…

“SURPRISE!!!!”

Nearly everyone at the table had on a silly muggle party hat. The table itself was piled with presents and in the middle sat a large scarlet and gold cake that said ‘happy birthday harry’ in big, loopy letters.

His birthday. How could he have forgotten?

Rika suddenly sprung on him, hugging him hard then ushering him to sit and open presents. Sirius clapped him on the back, and Remus gave him a wide smile.

Things couldn’t be better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry was adorable opening his presents, all smiles and happy thank-yous. I was glad that in the midst of everything bad that happened in life, he could still find happiness.

“I have one more surprise,” Sirius said, looking mischievous.

“Yeah Pads?”

Poor kid. Harry was trying to act cool, but his voice was obviously laced with excitement.

“We’re going on vacation!”

….What?

“What?” Nice to see Harry agrees with me.

“What?” And everyone else in the room. Thanks for the backup everyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a lot of debating, Sirius had his way and on vacation we went! I wasn’t exactly sure where we were going. Some small tourist town that had yet to be touched by the current war. I hadn’t gotten to explore the town yet, but the hotel was niiiiiiice. I flopped into bed, snuggling under the covers and looking forward to tomorrow’s town-exploration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warm. Niiiice and warm. That’s what I woke up to. At first I thought maybe I’d fallen asleep with Remus/Pads/one of my friends, but it wasn’t a scent I recognized. Granted it was a very lovely scent: spicy and a little sweet…mmmm…

I opened my eyes. Lying beneath my torso was a boy. His hair was thick black with a few brown-red strands mixed in. Long lashes rested against bronzed cheeks before fluttering open to reveal forest green eyes. He blinked sleepily up at me, looking confused. He reached up and brushed his fingertips over my cheek, making sure he wasn’t imagining me. “What the hell did I do last night?” he muttered.

Boy.

In my bed.

Not good.

“Who the hell are you and why are you here?”

He shook his head. “I’m here because this is my hotel room. Why are you here?...And my name’s Aubrey.”

“Sorry Aubrey, but this is my room…I’m Rika by the way.”

He nodded. “I know. I recognize you from the news. Let me see your room key.”

I grabbed mine, and we compared keys. Both said floor B, room 114.

“Damn hotel must’ve accidentally booked us the same room…” he sighed, running a hand through his hair. “Look, it’s like four in the morning. Can I just chill here and straighten this out in the morning? I’ve gotta be up late tonight.”