Movies, play, news

Author's note: Sorry if the prank sucks! I think it sounded funnier in my head than on paper...

Remus and Sirius stood outside of Umbridge’s classroom, smirking. “You ready?” Sirius asked.

“Always.” Remus nodded, unlocking the door. “No one messes with our kids.”

Sirius cackled. “Time for a little mischief.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Umbridge walked into her office, a brown ooze that could only be described as sludge hit her straight in the face. She shrieked, wiping it away, only to shriek louder at the state of her room. Every inch of pink had been charmed a garish shade of puke-green with orange polka-dots, every string of lace was now a living minnie-snake, and her precious kitten plates now held zombified cats that let out low ‘muuurrrs’ and hacked frequently. From somewhere in the shadows, she could swear she heard a whispered ‘mischief managed.’

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

The next two weeks passed with agonizing slowness, but finally my punishment was over. The second I woke up this morning—at promptly 5 am—I jumped on a sleeping Remus, demanded my iPod back, and zoomed outside. Roughly seven hours later and I was still happily lounging in the grass.

The Umbridge detention situation had been solved. Remus (gotta love ‘em) solved the problem. Snape was lying to Umbridge saying that Harry had detention with him every day. These fake detentions all occurred at roughly midnight because ‘Potter had whined about missing Quidditch practice.’ This way Harry wouldn’t have to disappear from sight for hours every day. If Umbridge ever thought to check up on these detentions, Snape would just floo to Harry’s dorm and swoop him down to the dungeons.

The knowledge that Harry was being both punished and sleep deprived kept Umbridge sated so as long as Harry kept his temper in check around her, no more Umby-detentions!

Tomorrow I’d start collecting potion ingredients with Rune for Snape again (Remus agreed to allow me into the Forest so long as I stayed on Rune-approved trails).

Now the only major obstacle in my life—okay that’s probably an exaggeration but whatever—was executed the Prank. Umbridge had started imposing restrictions on after-school activities which was not good news for the Prank. We (George, Fred, Kayla, Damon, myself, and other people the twins have recruited) had to find a way around it, and I knew the perfect way; we needed a Slytherin on our side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found Aubrey sitting up in the owlry, book in hand. “Hiya Studbucket.”

“Rika. Enjoying your freedom?”

“You bet’cha. Wanna help me out with something?”

“Depends on what it is.”

“Just a prank of sorts…Really not even a prank…Just..a little show..”

“That’s not an explanation Rika.”

Smiling, I sat down next to him and explained all of the details of our plan.

“So you need me to get you clearance with the Toad-woman?”

“Yup. Sure do. Though I would’ve asked you to join anyway cause you’re awesome.”

“I don’t knoooww…”