A strange wolf

Hiccup continued to glare at the glowing eyes in the bush, not knowing if it's malevolent or not. He is vulnerable, having just turned and inexperienced in defending himself in this form.

His lips tightened, warning the creature to not come close. The eyes moved forward, out of the bush and stepped into the light. The eyes, no, the wolf, moved cautiously towards Hiccup. Hiccup moved back, ears flat against his head in fear, and growled in warning. The wolf stopped, having seemingly gotten the message. The wolf moved back and for a moment, Hiccup thought it was going to leave but instead, moved to lie on its stomach, head on its front paws, trying to seem as small as possible.

Hiccup cocked his head in confusion and squinted his eyes in suspicion. This wolf, was strange. Why was it here? Hiccup doesn't know how to communicate within this form. The wolf mimicked his head tilt, an amused look spread across its face. Hiccup rolled his eyes, such a strange wolf.

Luka Wolfrik; to the average person, this name would not mean much, but to a shifter, awe and fear would fill their beings, for this is the name of the son of the most powerful Alpha in recent history. The accomplishments of this werewolf were unmatched. This, of course, put a lot of pressure on his children. The most being placed on Luka, the heir to his throne.

The pressure Luka faced has led to several arguments between the two. Which is how Luka got to the place he was now, wandering a forest in unfamiliar territory, the full moon illuminating the trees.

Luka continued to walk, enjoying the smell of pine the forest held when another scent hit his nose. A wolf, a shifter.

Luka turned his head to the direction it was coming from. The wolf was young, maybe his age or younger, but no smell of other wolves mixed in, just the scent of humans, odd.

Luka slowly approached the scent, quietly, as to not scare it away. He looked through the brush to see a small clear area of grass, the moon shining brightly. In it, was a young male, and from the looks of it, was in the middle of a transformation.

The noises the boy made were heartbreaking, the quiet cries and whimpers of pain filled the air. The sounds gained volume as the boy slammed his fist into the ground and screamed with a mixture of growls. The first transformation had always been painful

Soon after, an auburn brown wolf stood in the boy's place.

Luka continued to watch as the wolf struggled to his feet, legs shaking. He stumbled around for a bit, trying to find his balance. His nose twitched, seemingly scenting the air, when his hackles raised and his head whipped around to look where Luka was hiding.

'Shit.' He thought. The wolf knew he was there. 'Well, might as well get this over with.'

Slowly, Luka stepped out of the bushes, trying to seem as non threatening as possible, but it seems the other wolf didn't think so, as he continued to growl in warning. Then, an idea popped into his head. It was humiliating, but Luka slowly laid down on his belly, head on his front paws, submitting to the other wolf.

The wolf stopped growling, clearly confused by this as he cocked his head to the side, Luka mimicked this action, which got an eye roll from the other. Luka found this wolf's behavior amusing, so unlike any other shifter he's met.

Finally, after careful thought, Luka slowly got up, the other wolf tensing, ready to run, and spoke:

"Just who are you?"