Prologue

Flashback 15 years ago

The light of the full moon shined upon a cozy village on an island. This Island was Berk, home of the Hairy Hooligans clan. Berk was an island north of the mainland, where many different clans called home. Most of them were human clans, like the Berserkers or the Meatheads. But there are few that are not so human.

In the forest closest to the mainland, a young she wolf stands there; overlooking the village that will become her bain. In her mouth is a cloth that held something precious. She cautiously and silently approached the village. A weight on her heart as she stepped closer and closer to a house on the outskirts of Berk. There she quickly placed the wrapped cloth on the ground. Inside was a baby softly sleeping. After being placed down, the baby opened his eyes to look at his mother. The baby's eyes glowed an inhuman forest green like color in the moonlight, showing the baby's inhuman origin.

The she wolf sighed, she didn't want to do this, but the council would kill him the second they discover him. On his neck, hidden by a potion that should last until he was old enough, was a mark that indicated a full moon. The mark that is said to signify one of the wolves foretold to destroy the reign of the current king of wolves, and thus any child born with the mark was to be taken and killed immediately.

The she wolf, Ylva, finally got up and moved away from her child, it won't be easy for him, growing up in a society of humans when he's anything but. But he is strong, he will prevail she knows it. He has to in order to defeat the King of Wolves.

Stoick woke up to the sun beaming down on his face. His wife, Valka, peacefully sleeping beside him. The two just got married a few months ago and were happily basking the feeling. Stoick smiled and got up, careful not to wake his wife, got dressed, and walked down the stairs; ready to start the new day. As chief of Berk, Stoick must be ready for a long day of looking after the village. He just opened the door and was about to step outside when he heard something in from of him. He looked down to see a baby, barely a few weeks old, crying for a mother that would not come. Hungry and begging for food. The baby looked up at Stoick, before he started crying again. This time, crying out of fear of the unfamiliar person above him.

Stoick quickly got over his shock and picked the infant up, careful not to hurt or startle him, looked around for anyone passing by and seeing him, and walked back inside his house. The baby was still crying; being surrounded by unfamiliar smells, hungry and calling his mother.

Valka, having woken up by the sound, came downstairs to see Stoick standing there holding a child. Stoick looked up to see Valka and knowing the look in her eyes, answered the unspoken question. "He was there when I opened the door to leave. I don't know where he came from, there was nothing to tell where he's from." Stoick said somberly. Valka walked over to Stoick and the baby, and looked at the child. She gestured for Stoick to pass the child onto her and he did so, gently placing the child in her arms.