Chapter 8

Oh my god, this is like so late! I'm so sorry if you're keeping up with this, I'm a terrible person. Here's a new chapter :)

~

Briana wasn’t pregnant, but I made her swear that she wouldn’t get back with Craig. She said she wouldn’t as long as I didn’t get back with Spencer. I told her that I wouldn’t, but I hated that he was mad at me. Against my better judgment, I answered his call and agreed to meet up with him.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, I have to have people like me.

I was sitting on one of the benches at the park when I saw Spencer walking towards me. I took a deep breath and told myself that I was going to be mature about this, and I was going to either make up with him or cut him out of my life. I wasn’t going to drag this on.

“Hi,” I said, waving at him awkwardly before folding my hand on my lap.

“I want to apologize for being such an ass to you the other night when we were parked out at the bluffs. I took things too far because I think you’re so pretty, it makes me nervous,” he said, biting his bottom lip nervously.

I felt my cheeks turning pink, and I giggled happily. “Shut up, I’m not that pretty…”

He sat down beside me on the bench and placed his hand on one of my cheeks. “That’s not true, Sage. You’re gorgeous, one of the most gorgeous girls that I’ve ever seen.”

The only other person who has ever called me attractive was Joey, and the very thought of him made my heart give a painful squeeze. Unconsciously, I moved closer to Spencer and felt him take my hand. I looked down at our fingers and made a decision that I would probably regret later.

“I’m sorry I freaked out so much, I’ve just never done anything like that before. We haven’t even kissed yet,” I said, avoiding eye contact with him. “I’m not that kind of girl, just so you know.”

“You’re innocent, that’s cute! I can do innocence,” he said, standing up and pulling me with him. “I want to take you out for lunch as an apology and a new start.”

I remembered how possessive he was the other night, but sometimes people changed. Maybe he was just nervous and didn’t know how to act around me. Everyone deserves a second chance, right?

We ended up going to lunch together and it was actually fun. He was cute and said all the things that I wanted to hear. There was no way this was the same guy that I went to the bluffs with. I must've over-reacted or something...

“So, how am I doing now?” he asked after we’d left the restaurant and started walking around the park together. “Do you still dislike me?”

“I didn’t dislike you, you just scared me a little bit. Like I said earlier, I’m not the kind of girl that does stuff like that on a second date,” I answered honestly, biting my bottom lip.

“Well, this is our third date. Do you think I can kiss you now?” he asked, smiling at me coyly. “Or is that pushing things too far?”

I knew he was challenging me and it made my stubborn streak flare up. I grabbed his collar and pulled his mouth down to mine. He smiled and took my hips in his hands, pulling me closer to his body. I tried to put a little space between us because we were in public, but he held strong.

I pushed on his chest until he let me go and took a step back. “There are a lot of people here, Spencer. I don’t want them to think I’m a slut or something because I’m making out with you.”

“Then let’s go somewhere more private…” he said, moving back over to me.

I felt my phone vibrating in my bag and felt relief course through my body. “Hang on, my phone’s ringing, I need to answer it.”