Part 9: The Party

"And I'll carry you, when you need a friend, you'll find my footprints in the sand." - Footprints in the sand, Leona Lewis

Brooklyn was scared of how angry Zoe would be if he didn't go as her date to the party, so ignoring everything the boys had said, risking his job, he headed out to get himself ready and go to the party.
He put on a black suit, without the jacket, and styled his hair quickly in a bathroom mirror somewhere and then headed out to pick Zoe up and take her to the party. It was one street down from Zoe's houses so they walked there hand in hand, Zoe clutching him, like she needed him there.
At the party, there was music playing, beating through the air and filing Brooklyn's veins from the moment he walked through the door. There was a set of tables around the edge, filled with foods and drink similar to that at the party they had held for Chloe earlier in the year. In the centre, there was a dance floor with several couples spinning round and it was there that Zoe took him as soon as they arrived.
They danced for several songs, Zoe clutching Brook so he couldn't get free of her grasp and it wasn't until the fifth song, another slower track that Brook finally got free. He ran from the dance floor out into the scented garden.
His feet were aching, and he could feel a bruise forming on his shoulder from where Zoe had gripped him so hard to stop him from running away. He was drained and wished he'd listened to the boys. Suddenly Zoe was behind him.
"Why did you run off like that?" She queried him, her voice rising in pitch as anger filled her.
"I had to, I can't dance anymore, my whole body aches. My feet, my arms, my legs. Pleases babe, I can't do it anymore." He begged. Then there was a sharp stinging pain across his left cheek and he felt a trickle of warm blood run down his face.
"I brought you here as my guest, I've cared for you for months and this is how you repay me. Come back out and dance, or you know you'll regret it!" She yelled, but Brook couldn't do what she said.
Instead, he ran as fast as he could away. To where he did not know just somewhere away from her.

💖🐝💖