"Raven why would you do this to yourself?" Piper's voice was laced with hurt and confusion. I shook my head.

"I didn't - I don't know." I said shakily.

"What did you dream about?" Alec finally asked. His deep voice was thick. I hadn't heard it since last week in Dimitri's office...

I was quiet for a second before I found the words to say.

"All I remember was running from DeMalo. He was chasing me through the forest, until I stopped and he caught up to me..." I murmured, trying not to remember him ripping into my throat... I closed my eyes briefly, feeling my heart quicken at the thought.

Alec was quiet for a moment and so was Piper. Then Piper broke the silence,

"I think I'm going to stay with you tonight." She looked to me. I gave her a surprised expression.

"Piper I'm fine. You don't have to keep watch over me. It was just a dream." I told her. She looked like she was about to protest but Alec cut her off.

"It's okay Piper. I'll stay with her." He interrupted. Both of us looked at him, except I don't think she was giving him the shocked stare that I was giving him.

"Are you sure?" Piper asked him. He nodded.

"Guys, I'll be fine by myself." I persisted, not wanting Alec to babysit me.

"I think you need someone to be with you. To comfort you." Piper insisted, looking to Alec. I rolled my eyes. She looked to me and smiled.

"I'm glad everything is alright." She said and squeezed my hand gently. I gave a soft smile, still slightly annoyed but grateful for her waking me up from that awful nightmare.

"Good night, Piper." Alec said and she left.

Piper closed the door behind her and the second she was out of my room, a tense silence fell over the room.

I cleared my throat and got out of my bed. I brushed past him rather roughly. I went to my bathroom and grabbed a rag. I dampened it and sat at the marble edge of my bathtub. Alec stood in the doorway to my bathroom, leaning against the frame with his arms folded against his bare chest. He looked like some cliche in a movie.

"You look like a cliche." I mumbled in annoyance. He scoffed at my remark. I wiped the blood from the scratches. They didn't hurt too bad and the blood was barely there, thankfully.

"Me? A cliche?" Alec laughed, his eyebrows raised as he pointed to himself. I looked up to him with a seriously unamused expression for a second, before shaking my head and looking back down to my legs.

Alec sighed and pushed himself off the door frame. He approached me and sat down beside me on the marble edge to the tub.

"If you think that you're smart to use the excuse of my nightmare to give you the right to sleep in my room, then you're utterly wrong." I told Alec harshly. He looked at me with a blank expression.

"You think I'm that low?" He asked in some sort of surprise. I scoffed.

"Low? I thought you were that low the second you left me in the hall last week." I spoke the brutal truth.

He made me angry with butterflies in my stomach at the same time.

I sighed and threw the now pink and white rag in the hamper. I sat back down beside him and turned to him, not knowing what to feel when I looked unto the guy that had now twisted and turned my whole life around.

"I was falling for you. Hell, I still am. And I can't stop, but you can. And in that moment you walked away, I knew you did. I knew you stopped falling. You chose to walk away and I just let it happen." I told him, my voice wavering. I finally spoke what had been on my mind for the past week and a half.

"You don't get it, do you?" Alec asked with a soft but hurt tone. He shook his head and ran a hand through his bed hair. He looked back to me. "I didn't chose to walk away, I forced myself."

"Why? Why would you force yourself away if you didn't want to?" I asked, confused. He looked away and bit his lip subconsciously.

"I didn't want to hurt you. If I didn't walk away you would've gotten hurt." Alec sighed. I looked over him, trying to process this. I met his eyes again.

"You wouldn't have hurt me." I told him softly.

"Raven," he sighed, "you have no idea what I'm capable of. With you, I have no control. Every time you're around me, you have no idea how hard it is for me to not focus on your pulse. I can barely sleep, because I can hear it from your room. All I can think about is sinking my teeth into your neck and drinking every ounce of you..." Alec groaned, his voice sounded thick. I swallowed hard, my mind swirling with so many thoughts.

Somehow, I wasn't scared. I wasn't afraid of Alec. Sure, the thought of him doing so scared me. But at the same time, I wasn't.

Alec sat there with his head in his hands. I sighed and laid my hand on his bare shoulder. He grew still and turned his head to look up at me. He sat up and was face to face with me.  His eyes were bright red, vulnerable as they gave away his weakness.

I leaned up and softly kissed Alec. His lips were gentle and soft as they molded to mine. The kiss was short but sweet. I don't think I'd ever get used to kissing him. I parted from him, and held my face pressed against his.

I opened my eyes and pulled away. Alec opened his eyes as well and studied mine.

"I trust you." I whispered and held my wrist up to him.

––––––––––•A/N•––––––––––

1600+ words 👌🏼. I'm getting back into writing more so I'm glad! And in my opinion I like where this book is going. Although I'm losing reads. Maybe you guys can help with that??

Comment here what you think of this cliffhanger-->

What do you guys think of the new book cover?? (Creds to myself) -->

Vote

&

Pleeeeease Share Loves ❤❤