Chapter 38. A Liability.

Start from the beginning

She looked vulnerable like she was trying to decide whether or not to step out.
Silently she closes her eyes and breaths deep, walking out of the room, taking a left turn.

I switch the camera window and find her walking up the stairs.
It infuriates me that she is taking the stairs in her condition, when there is a perfectly modernised elevator right across the hall.

I leave our room and take the steps to the third floor of her Sanctuary. Her art room/studio.

Finding her sitting infront of her sketchboard on the long stool, she stares it, emotionlessly.

"Scar...."
My voice makes her go stiff and she turns to look at me.
"You know you are not supposed to take the stairs, baby." I scold her gently.
Her eyes grow big and on instinct her palms go to rest on her tiny bump, with her face full of shame.

I walk to her and cup her cheeks.
"Its okay. Just next time. Take the elevator." I say gently.
Her pretty sapphire blue eyes look into mine.

"You heard me talk to Kevin. Didn't you?" I whispered.
Her eyes glaze and she looks down.
"You want me to find him too." I said, almost talking to myself.
She looks up again with a sort of fire in her eyes.

I see no other reason for her to suddenly get out of the room and make a progress like she did now.

She wants me to avenge Timothy.
Even though she never talks. I know it.
I know she wants to see Zaine suffer for what he did.

"I'll find him, Scar. I promise you. Ill do whatever it takes to make you feel safe again." I whispered, stroking her cheeks with my knuckles.

She is trying to come back to me. So that I can focus on finding him.

I have never seen a girl as strong as her.....

Her right hand, palm gently touched my cheek. I close my eyes and lean into it, feeling the comfort that I have needed since I found out everything from Martin.

She doesn't know I killed him. With no remorse whatsoever.

I am too ashamed to tell her.
Most of all. I am scared she will run for the hills, if I tell her about the extent I can go to, when someone tries to harm her.

After a small moment of comfort, I carried her back to our room.

The first time I had gotten her home that day, She wouldn't stop crying.
After saying my name. She stopped talking altogether.
I had carried her just like this to our room, banning every single person from entering the Mansion. Even the maids.
For one week I didn't allow anyone in the mansion.
I didn't really understand why I locked us away from the world.
Maybe I was scared she was going to be taken away from me again. Or the fact that I was too scared of the world because now my wife is pregnant with our first child and I didn't want anyone around us.
I felt too over protective.
I took over a maternal role on instinct.

I bathe her, cook for her, help her put on the clothes, only allowing her personal doctor, Saraah, from the community to come and visit us so she can do a routine checkup on Scarlett.
I have even set up Scarett's own clinic where she can get her check up done, not needing to take her anywhere else.
Our main goal for the first month was to help Scarlett gain weight, thankfully everytime I reminded her of our baby, she would quietly eat without making a fuss. But not own her own. I fed her. And I loved every minute of it. I just simply didn't want her to do anything except eat and rest.