34

Taeyeon's POV

"NO!!!!!"I cried. "No, no.."I mumbled, my hands shaking uncontrollably. He can't die! I cried and cried, clutching onto my chest, feeling the empty feeling rising up to my throat. It felt hard to breathe, I grabbed the hem of that monster's jeans when he was about to move. "YOU MONSTER!!"I shouted at him, hot tears flowing down my cheeks.

He chuckled, holding onto his abdomen. He was very satisified with his victory. He wanted me to react like this before killing me. He knew how much pain I will feel when he kills a person I love. He is a heartless monster, that doesn't have any mercy. He grabbed a fist of my hair and pulled me towards Baekhyun's lifeless body.

"Look at him. Hahahaha, he is dead like a log."his evil chuckles echoed throughout the abandoned house. He kicked me from behind and I fell beside Baekhyun. His body was facing me, so I could see his face clearly. There was a cut above his eyebrow and a few bruises around his cheek. I didn't dare to look down to see the damage that monster did to his body. He was so pale it makes my heart clench in pain.

"Baekhyun-a. Baekhyun-a!"I pulled his face closer to me and hugged him against my chest, screaming his name in agony. I can't just lose him like that. A few seconds later I am going to be killed anyway. Hopefully I will join him in heaven.

"Okay, times up!"that monster pulled me away from Baekhyun and I watched as his head dropped onto the floor after losing the support from my arms. I stopped crying when I saw his head moving a little, not by the gravity, but by his own force.

I looked up and I saw him pointing the knife at me. I looked at Bae Minhui, hoping that there is sane in her and that she will help me. But she looked away and looked down at the floor, completely ignoring me.

I used my arms to defend myself as he kicked me. He grabbed me and slammed me hard onto the floor. Before I could get up, he stepped on my neck, choking me. He crouched down, his foot still on my neck. "Any last words?"he whispered near my ear. I winced and coughed loudly, trying hard to breath. I grabbed blindly around me, trying my luck to see if there is anything I could use to hit him off me.

Pang!

I felt the heavy weight leaving my neck. I coughed and coughed as soon as I am free to breath. I massaged my neck and sat up slowly. The person who hit him was Bae Minhui. I looked up at her gratefully, but it ended so soon because that monster wasn't affected by that hit at all.

"How dare you?"he growled and grabbed her by the neck, strangling her. I grabbed the wooden chair and hit him with it. He let go of her and turned back to glare at me. Before he could catch me, sirens could be heard outside.

"Freeze or we will shoot!"two cops came in with their guns aimed at him. I ran a few more steps, further away from him just in case he catch me and hold me hostage. I inhaled and exhaled, finally catching up with all the air I failed to breathe in just now. As the cops held him down, with one on top of him and another aiming a gun at his head, I looked at Bae Minhui. She was crouching down as she held her throat, coughing hysterically.

I ran towards her and put a hand on the small of her back. "Are you okay?"

"He...He...is..."she said between breaths, pointing at Baekhyun's body that is lying not far away from us. I chewed on my bottom lip as tears started to well up in my eyes again. She grabbed my shoulder and turned to look at me. "Still alive."

I looked at her and back at Baekhyun.

"He is alive."she said.

I got up immediately and ran up to Baekhyun. Not caring if my blood smeared on his face, I turned his body around and placed his head on my lap. "Baekhyun-a."I patted his cheek lightly.

He stirred a bit and his left eye twitched. I smiled widely as the tears that has been welling up in my eyes finally went down my cheeks. I stared at him for a few more seconds as he slowly opened his eyes.He groaned as he held onto his abdomen and looked up at me. I continued staring at him, my eyes scanning his face like a machine, trying to memorise his facial features and his skin that used to be flawless. A smile finally crept up on his lips, his eyes were smiling back at me.

I grabbed his face gently and leaned closer to his face, planting a kiss on his soft lips and pulling away slowly. He put his arms around me and hugged me close, his nose burying into my hair. We didn't say a word, but our body language is enough to tell the other that we are glad that each other are alive.

Pulling away from the hug as I let the paramedics take him to the ambulance, I looked at the police car. I could see Bae Minhui sitting beside that monster who is all tied up like someone who just came out from an asylum. When our eyes met, she smiled faintly at me. I beamed a sincere smile back at her, feeling grateful. If it wasn't for her, I think we wouldn't be alive right now. She knew that Baekhyun wasn't dead, but she lied to save him. When I was about to get killed, she surprised me by hitting that monster from behind, knowing that herself will be in danger too.

"Ms Kim."one of the paramedics called for me. "You are gravely injured too."he looked at the cut on my arm and said. "We will get you treated."he said and I climbed onto the ambulance and sat beside Baekhyun's bed.

Once Baekhyun saw me, he smiled at me. I took that moment to look at the rest of his body. His arm was bruised and it looked like he twisted his ankle. There was a blood staint on his upper left hip, he got stabbed. My heart hurts when I see him in this state, but I know he feels the same way about me because I caught him staring at the cut in my arm.

I relieved a sigh and held his free hand. I am so glad to be alive. And mostly glad that he is alive too.

-

Baekhyun's POV

I stared blankly at the white ceiling, pieces by pieces, what happened yesterday came back to my mind. I closed my eyes, trying to stop myself from remembering what happened. Finally everything is over and Taeyeon's life is no longer in danger.

I looked to my right to see a bundle of jet black hair on my arm. I smiled as I reached over to caress her head. I am very lucky that she is still alive.

I thought my plan almost failed. Yesterday, after I know where Taeyeon is. I called Junmyeon, who I trust can do the job, to tell the cops where I am and that they should come silently as Taeyeon is held hostage. When I was fighting Taeyeon's stepdad, he stabbed me and made me fall. He was about to go back to the room to get Taeyeon, but I grabbed his ankle to slow him down. He kicked me a few more times, but I didn't let go, waiting for the cops to arrive.

I heard a sigh and Taeyeon woke up. She rubbed her eyes and looked at me.

"Hey."she smiled at me with her eyes still closed.

I smiled back and ruffled her hair playfully.

"I was so scared yesterday. I thought I was going to lose you just like that."she said, staring at me as she placed a hand on my cheek, her thumb drawing small circles around my cheekbone. I heaved a sigh and reached out to my cheek, placing a hand on hers.

"Let's stop thinking about yesterday. We are finally free from that."I said.

"Yeah..."she murmured.

We just stared at each other like that until my friends came barging in as usual, incredibly noisy and loud, ignoring the rules of a hospital. But you just gotta love them.

-

A/N: Lol, I wrote two chapters in one day. I guess this story is going to end soon. Haha.

Actually this wasn't my original plot. I wanted Baekhyun to fake his death and save Taeyeon at the end. But then her stepfather aint' stupid, he isn't going to waste time to kill her, so the fastest person there to save Taeyeon is Bae Minhui. Although I portrayed her as a very dangerous person, I decided to give her a chance to save Taeyeon.

Bae Minhui knew that baekhyun is alive when she went to check on him. She finally became smart for that moment and decided to lie to that 'creature' so that baekhyun can live without that monster trying to kill him again.